October 2013 Code Watch?!

FYI; The MK Railroad is going to be closed from 9/30 - 10/20 to work on a couple of bridges.

If you book a package now and a room discount comes out can that be applied? Or should I book a room only and upgrade to a package later?
I did receive a fd pin but unfortunately I can't make those dates work :( so hoping for a room discount!

We are already going to miss Peter Pan on our trip (10/19 - 10/26) which is one of my favorite rides so I sure hope the railroad is up and running before we leave as my DD loves to ride trains like that. Either way it'll still be a great trip and it's a risk of taking a trip during the "off-season" times.

Does anyone know if the room only discounts last October covered some of the FD blackout dates??? I'm really hoping for a RO discount for 10/5-10/12 if no FD is offered!!!

As an aside that my fellow disers may understand, my sister and I were all set to go to New Orleans this October (same dates) and changed our plans because we LOVE DISNEY sooo much, and it was killing us to think of going somewhere else!! Is that crazy!? We've been visiting since graduating college and can't seem to go anywhere else:rolleyes1

A great discount will make the decison so much better!!!!!!!!!! Here's hoping with the rest of you.......:goodvibes

Does anyone know if the room only discounts last October covered some of the FD blackout dates??? I'm really hoping for a RO discount for 10/5-10/12 if no FD is offered!!!

As an aside that my fellow disers may understand, my sister and I were all set to go to New Orleans this October (same dates) and changed our plans because we LOVE DISNEY sooo much, and it was killing us to think of going somewhere else!! Is that crazy!? We've been visiting since graduating college and can't seem to go anywhere else:rolleyes1

A great discount will make the decison so much better!!!!!!!!!! Here's hoping with the rest of you.......:goodvibes

I want to know too. We are going Oct 14th-19th and I know that's a "holiday" week so is there even a chance of room only discounts? How does that work? I'd love a little something!! :)

I want to know too. We are going Oct 14th-19th and I know that's a "holiday" week so is there even a chance of room only discounts? How does that work? I'd love a little something!! :)

We are going the 12th through the 19th. I'm hating this Columbus day weekend thing! That doesn't seem like a holiday to me since I would have to work if I hadn't taken the week off! I called today to see if I had a pin, which I do not, and the woman on the phone said that she didn't think the whole week would be blacked out. I'm ok with paying for my food, but at least a % off for part of my stay would make me happy!!

When I look at websites that have historical free dining and RO discounts I do not see black out dates listed. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to find that? We arrive on 10/5 and lots of people on DIS say my week won't have a discount but the websites like mouse savers look like I would based on 2010,2011,2012

Thank you

We are arriving on October 7th and I was wondering about blackout dates too. If no free dining maybe a room discount?? Every little bit helps :)

The current PIN offer has Oct 3-17 blacked out I believe, so I'm not terribly hopeful for GP free dining on our trip. And the big convention that books up the Epcot area hotels might mean nothing for room discounts either...trying not to get my hopes up too high, then I won't be disappointed. lol

The current PIN offer has Oct 3-17 blacked out I believe, so I'm not terribly hopeful for GP free dining on our trip. And the big convention that books up the Epcot area hotels might mean nothing for room discounts either...trying not to get my hopes up too high, then I won't be disappointed. lol

I hear you- I don't want to get my hopes up either , it will be a VERY nice surprise if a discount comes our way I have gone during this week before (2007) and can't remember if we got free dining on that trip or not.
I am just so excited to be going - I CAN'T wait! :)

I just learned something new today. My husband and I both received the Free Dining Offer Mailer which we don't plan to use because we'll be staying offsite and spending most of our time @ Sea World Parks. However my son and family are staying onsite but did not get the mailer. We decided to call the special number today to see if there was anyway he could use the code. I was told that 3 rooms could be booked per offer meaning 6 rooms could be booked by my hubby and myself. I also inquired about cancellation of the room that I booked. I was told that even if I cancelled my son's room res. would not be affected. So... that leaves me rethinking our plans.

OK - sorry for the quick post here - but the Free Dining PIN - is that a public one & if so, which page of this LONG thread is it on lol? If it is via e-mail only, then I know I haven't received it. I think the one I received was the September code.

OK - sorry for the quick post here - but the Free Dining PIN - is that a public one & if so, which page of this LONG thread is it on lol? If it is via e-mail only, then I know I haven't received it. I think the one I received was the September code.

Nope right now only select random people received the pin, it's not public. Fingers crossed FD for everyone else will be released soon!

Lots of people here never got the email though, but called and found a pin attached to their name in the Disney system. So that's worth a try!

If the rumored free dinning comes true, hubby has agreed to let us upgrade to a Mod from Pop! I've only ever stayed in Pop, so I am ecstatic!! After checking availability, it looks like we are going to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. My kids overheard us talking about the switch and now they are ecstatic!! Should I be scared this will sell out quickly? I plan to call early with Disney Visa, but the whole mod thing is new to me and I'm not sure what to expect!

Nope right now only select random people received the pin, it's not public. Fingers crossed FD for everyone else will be released soon!

Lots of people here never got the email though, but called and found a pin attached to their name in the Disney system. So that's worth a try!

IF I call and find that there is a pin attached to my name, would I still be able to use it if I am already booked and paid for thought AAA?

Just DH and I are going this Oct. but I also booked for the whole family for next year too. We love it there in October :love:

If the rumored free dinning comes true, hubby has agreed to let us upgrade to a Mod from Pop! I've only ever stayed in Pop, so I am ecstatic!! After checking availability, it looks like we are going to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. My kids overheard us talking about the switch and now they are ecstatic!! Should I be scared this will sell out quickly? I plan to call early with Disney Visa, but the whole mod thing is new to me and I'm not sure what to expect!

My DH sent me an email suggesting that very thing, moving from Pop to a Moderate if we get the FD. Once I though about it (and did I ever thing about it) we decided to stick with Pop and use the savings at Food & Wine and for extra souvenirs. Good luck with your switch! :goodvibes

IF I call and find that there is a pin attached to my name, would I still be able to use it if I am already booked and paid for thought AAA?

Just DH and I are going this Oct. but I also booked for the whole family for next year too. We love it there in October :love:

If you booked through AAA, the AAA agent is the only person that can do anything with your reservation. They would have to call Disney on your behalf because they own the reservation.

Thanks guys - I'm going to do a call tomorrow & see if I have anything associated on my name for a normal PIN. I don't need Free Dining that much if I go solo. The nice sit down meals are more fun with someone else. So I'd be better off just eating as it happens probably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter