October 2013 Code Watch?!

Oh no! Peter Pan is one of my favorite rides in the Magic Kingdom! I think DD4 will be ok with it but I may have to throw a tantrum if I don't get to ride it!

I know this sounds petty but the peter pan news just made me sick to my stomach, hah. My 5 year old (then 3) loved that ride even when everything else scared the living daylights out of him. That is also my favorite ride. I think that just stressed me out more than this wait for free dining.

I saw it over at wdwmagic.com. Front page.

Too bad really. It's not necessarily a "favorite" of mine, but it is a classic and I still like to do it every time.

This also means larger lines at all the other FL attractions because you know how those PP standby waits eat up people for an hour at a time! :worried:

We will be there Oct. 7-12 and are staying at Pop Century. This will be our first Halloween party. I'm so excited!!!

I'm hoping for free dining but would be o.k. with a room discount too.
I've called a few times and asked about a pin but no luck so far.

Too bad really. It's not necessarily a "favorite" of mine, but it is a classic and I still like to do it every time.

This also means larger lines at all the other FL attractions because you know how those PP standby waits eat up people for an hour at a time! :worried:

Bummer!! I just booked our hotel today. Have had airfare for a while. Anyway our dates are during the Peter Pan closure. We would only rude it once or twice on our trip, but we will still miss it!

Peter Pan is a favorite. i am so sad we'll miss it. HOWEVER, that attraction is in serious need of some refurb love. i'll appreciate seeing it all freshened up on our next trip.

I know this sounds petty but the peter pan news just made me sick to my stomach, hah. My 5 year old (then 3) loved that ride even when everything else scared the living daylights out of him. That is also my favorite ride. I think that just stressed me out more than this wait for free dining.

I feel the same way, I am pretty devastated. It is one of my favorites and I'm going with my parents in October and they haven't been in about 20 years and they have very fond memories of that ride :(

Awh, Peter Pan is one of my all time favorites and I was talking it up with the kiddos too! Just when I was happy that we booked October and not September... (because the Jungle Cruise is down in September, that would have been TRAGIC if we missed that! :faint:), now I'm a little sad. Still many other great attractions, but no more Snow White, Mr. Toad, and a down Peter Pan... where did the FL I remember go? :worried:

We will be there Oct. 7-12 and are staying at Pop Century. This will be our first Halloween party. I'm so excited!!!

I'm hoping for free dining but would be o.k. with a room discount too.
I've called a few times and asked about a pin but no luck so far.

Wow. Great!! We will be there from Oct 2-9. We can't wait. This will be our 4 year olds first time and our first MNSSHP too. But like yourself; we will be happy for any discount. Lots of pixie dust to all of us!pixiedust:

I used a FD PIN to re-book for October. I had a room-only reservation for POP, but wanted the regular dining plan vs QS so I upgraded to a moderate. I was told POFQ was not available and my only choices were CSR and CBR. I ended up booking CSR (where I stayed last year). Anybody else been told some resorts we not participating? I had heard the LM rooms at AoA were not part of it, but thought I had heard of others booking POR and POFQ.

I used a FD PIN to re-book for October. I had a room-only reservation for POP, but wanted the regular dining plan vs QS so I upgraded to a moderate. I was told POFQ was not available and my only choices were CSR and CBR. I ended up booking CSR (where I stayed last year). Anybody else been told some resorts we not participating? I had heard the LM rooms at AoA were not part of it, but thought I had heard of others booking POR and POFQ.

I don't think its because they aren't participating. They probably just don't have any free dining rooms left. They only block off a certain number of rooms for PIN offers. If the offer goes public, they will open more up.

Also, you CAN get the regular dining plan at the values. You would just have to pay the difference between quick service and regular dining for each person in the room. I have 3 rooms at pop with the regular dining plan. Even paying the difference was cheaper for us than a mod would have been but I'm sure that depends on the number of people and rooms booked.

Okay, it's July. When do you think we might hear about discounts?

We are going from October 19-27th. What do you think the odds are that we'll wind up with no discount at all - paying rack rate for everything? It's what I've budgeted for, but I would really like to see the cost come down...

Rivka said:
Okay, it's July. When do you think we might hear about discounts?

We are going from October 19-27th. What do you think the odds are that we'll wind up with no discount at all - paying rack rate for everything? It's what I've budgeted for, but I would really like to see the cost come down...

I know... Surely there will be some type of discount!!!

Okay, it's July, I've been waiting forever! Where are the discounts? LOL...

I've been hearing it will be late July or early August, lately. Sounds like torture.

Luckily I ended up getting a PIN last week. I highly suggest calling and seeing if you have a PIN. I never received one via mail or email. But, I called and there was one attached to my address.

Sorry about the silly question...is this PIN thing just for Free Dining or can you choose between the dining or a discount room? Would rather have the room discount.

I'm trying to get our small family of 3 to go Oct 17-21 at a reasonable price but right now its not there yet. I'm glad to read there havent really been much news on specials/disocunts for October yet. I'll keep looking out and checking here - you DIS-ers know everything! Thanks! :)

Sorry about the silly question...is this PIN thing just for Free Dining or can you choose between the dining or a discount room? Would rather have the room discount.

I'm trying to get our small family of 3 to go Oct 17-21 at a reasonable price but right now its not there yet. I'm glad to read there havent really been much news on specials/disocunts for October yet. I'll keep looking out and checking here - you DIS-ers know everything! Thanks! :)

PIN right now is just for free dining. I'd watch your date of Oct 17th, the current PIN is the 18th, so you'd need to do a split stay to get the free dining with the PIN or if they stay with the same dates for the General Public offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter