October 2008 code watch

I got POP Oct. 13-20 with a code including dinning, I was on the phone by 8:15am thursday though. Last year we had to switch to ASMu when using a code.

I'm happily "stuck" at ASsports! I have mixed feelings about this. It was definitely NOT our first choice, :confused: but we will make great memories on our mother/daughter trip anyway. I will be so bold as to call once more before our Oct. trip to see if there any openings at the other all-stars and if not I will wait to get there and then ask again at check-in. I guess all they can say is no! :confused3

My reservation:
Resort: AllStarSports
Dates: Oct. 10-19
Rate: $651.87 w/one day base tickets ( and probably a free meal voucher at Planet Hollywood).

It seems to me that the ones who did get Pop for these similar dates were mostly booked with the package "plus dining" code. Where mine was just a base package. No availability for cheapskates I guess!! :confused3 :rotfl:

I was on the phone as soon as the codes came out and they had nothing left for pop. We have a 10 day pkg w/deluxe dining. Oh well my grandkids and I love Disney world. My dd and her dh like it too except for the cost!!

I did room only for my Pop portion of my Stay, as I really did not need the dining plan for these days as I am attending a conference during this week that pays for most of my meals.

You may be able to get the discount for some of the dates of your trip and then pay Rack for the rest. You will need to split your Reservation to do this. That is how I calculated my Split Stay during my dates. Go to the Website for the Discount and type in your dates for Pop and then keep changing them to see if you can get any of your days at POP with the discount. Pop has no discounts between 10/7 - 10/11. There were some available 10/12 - 10/17.

Love stories like this. Neighbors across the street from my folks, are going in Sept. They booked through a traditional travel agent. So I was getting my DIS fill last night. Had my mom call up the folks and tell them to use the code.

Neighbors went to the TA. Saved them $523!!!! They were very excited!!

YAH for DIS!!!

I have been trying to apply the QXD code to my Oct. 15-20 Pop reservation since 7:30 AM last Thursday (when the codes came out). No luck until today! Maybe they opened up some more rooms? Anyway. for me, DH, and DD7 for 5 nights, 5 day PH passes, and the dining plan, it came to $1502. The code saved us $280! :banana: So, keep trying if you haven't had any luck yet!

Ive already got a code and discount (used DGP, I know not many others have used this one but it worked for me and got the same savings as other codes) but Im looking for one that my friends can use. Is the QXD a dinning plan one or can it be used for just a MYW package stay?

Ive already got a code and discount (used DGP, I know not many others have used this one but it worked for me and got the same savings as other codes) but Im looking for one that my friends can use. Is the QXD a dinning plan one or can it be used for just a MYW package stay?

QXD is for MYW with dining. DGL is the code for a MYW package without dining. Hope that helps!

Wow Wow Wow That is all I can say right now. I just applied the discount code to our reservation in October and saved $491!!!!!!!!:woohoo:
:banana: :yay: :dance3: :banana: :yay: :dance3: :banana: :yay: :dance3:

Just applied the QXD code to ressie's for Oct. 11 -18 at Poly. MYWH w/dinning saved $677.25...
Since we just payed the trip off they had to apply the money back onto our card, oh yea. Free money, almost. :lmao:
They'll get that money back when we spend it at the parks. :cool1:

Hi! Does anyone know if there is a room only code? I don't have an AP nor DV. We are going October 3rd though the 8th at Allstar movies.

There is not a Room Only Code, but there is a Magic Your Way Code, that you only need to purchase a 1 day ticket with for $75.00, or your park tickets for your entire stay. The cost savings on the room will cover the cost of your 1 day ticket. I used DGL to split out the Room only portion of my stay at Pop for 5 nights for $353.62 for 1 adult, with 1 day MYW Ticket purchase.

Here are the codes as listed previously in this thread on page 38:
If you booked online:
FWT for MYW
DGP with dining
MMP with dlx dining

If you didn't book online:
DGL for MYW
QXZ with dining (code reported as QXD on mousesavers)
UVL for DLX dining

I just called again to see if by some miracle code FWT would work for me now for our October trip (Poly). Nope. :sad1: The CM I had was super nice but she didn't have any pixie dust. :wizard:

From what I can tell from entering our dates on the Disney site the Poly has availability for most of our trip but our last day is causing the problem-Oct 23. When I enter Oct 24 as our check out date it says there is no availability for the dates selected; when I enter Oct 23 as our check out date then there is availablity. I had her check the code for Oct 18-Oct 22 but the code still wasn't available.

She did say they have a certain # of rooms set aside for the discount and to keep calling because people do cancel.

There is not a Room Only Code, but there is a Magic Your Way Code, that you only need to purchase a 1 day ticket with for $75.00, or your park tickets for your entire stay. The cost savings on the room will cover the cost of your 1 day ticket. I used DGL to split out the Room only portion of my stay at Pop for 5 nights for $353.62 for 1 adult, with 1 day MYW Ticket purchase.

Here are the codes as listed previously in this thread on page 38:
If you booked online:
FWT for MYW
DGP with dining
MMP with dlx dining

If you didn't book online:
DGL for MYW
QXZ with dining (code reported as QXD on mousesavers)
UVL for DLX dining

Thank you!! So, if I already made my reservations (which I did in May!) do I just call them to apply the code?

Yes, just call them and tell them you have you want to apply the General Public code to your reservation. They will tell you if there is any rooms available for your dates for the code. IF they don't know the code, then give them the ones in my post.

I was just able to apply the QXD code to my previously made ressies at CSR for Oct.7-Oct.12. Saved $370. Thanks so much for posting the codes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter