October 1-8 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean

Hello from Seattle, Washington! I'll be traveling with my DH and our 4 kiddos - 9, 7, 4, and 3 y/o when we will be cruising! This will be our 2nd Disney cruise. My parents will be joining us as well as my sister and brother in law with my niece and nephew (14, 11) and my brother in law's parents. We are excited to get this opportunity again aswe had such a fun time 2 years ago! Can't wait to meet you all!

Hello everyone! We are the Goodman Family going on our first cruise Oct. 1, 2016. My name is Kirstie and my husband is Adrian. We have two children, our son Connor who is 11 and our daughter who will be 9 at time of sailing. We are so excited! I have signed us up for the fish extender exchange as well.

Hello everyone, we are so happy to join you. We are traveling as empty nesters (and new grandparents!) So excited for a break, we love the Fantasy

Hi from Michigan! We will also be on this cruise! This will be the second Disney cruise for our family of five (myself, DH and 3 sons, ages 9, 6 and 4). We will also be joined by my parents in the next room. Looking forward to the cruise and participating in the FE exchange for the first time!

Hi from Michigan! We will also be on this cruise! This will be the second Disney cruise for our family of five (myself, DH and 3 sons, ages 9, 6 and 4). We will also be joined by my parents in the next room. Looking forward to the cruise and participating in the FE exchange for the first time!
We have 4 & 6 year old boys too! They are so excited about this cruise! My 4 year old wants me to measure him constantly to see if he can go on the slide!

Okay, this will be our second cruise but I have a couple questions that maybe some of you more seasoned cruisers can answer.

First, Have any of you been to the ports on this cruise? I'm wondering which port excursions are worth the money/ not to be missed and which ones we can skip. We will be pretty limited on excursions that we can do since our boys are fairly young. I guess I'm wondering which ports are just tourist trappy shopping malls and which ones may be cool to just explore on our own (if any).

Second, On our last cruise we were midship and none of us had any seasickness or really even felt much movement of the ship. This time we are all the way forward--like the first and second rooms forward on deck 9. We are not usually prone to motion sickness but I've seen some posts from others that mentioned engine noise and vibration, as well as movement from waves. I'm probably worrying for nothing (and there may very well be nothing I can do to change rooms now) but I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Hi, my family looks forward to joining everybody on this cruise. It will be me and my husband and our 7 and 4 year old. This will be our first Disney cruise and we are so excited:) We are celebrating my daughters 4th birthday!

Hello! We just booked our first Disney Cruise. There will be four generations my Grandmother (83), My Mom (63), My self (turning 36 on the cruise) and my daughter (7). We are so excited and it is a first cruise for two of us and first Disney cruise for everyone. We are a very Disney Family.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. We will be signing up for FE!

We will have multiple groups and you can be in one or more just depends on how many people you would like to exchange with.
Typically it is just one gift you buy and deliver on the day of your choice.
Although some buy little things for pirate night and so on :)
Please read the first post for more information on the Fish Extender :)

With FE, do you buy a gift for each night of the cruise or is it only one night? I assumed it was an everyday thing.

With FE, do you buy a gift for each night of the cruise or is it only one night? I assumed it was an everyday thing.
Typically, each room is only required to give AT LEAST one gift per room once during the cruise. Some people do otherwise. Both are correct.

Hi, we are from Chandler, Arizona. I am Scott, a retired Naval Flight Officer now software technical manager, my wife Donna is a 5th grade teacher, and our then-12 year old daughter is Kenzie. We will be celebrating Fall Break. This will be our 8th Disney cruise, 2nd on Disney Fantasy. Previous cruises:
  • 4-night Bahamas on Disney Magic in October 2012
  • 7-night Alaska on Disney Wonder in June 2013
  • 7-night Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy in October 2013
  • 12-night Med on Disney Magic in June 2014
  • 4-night Bahamas on Disney Dream in October 2014
  • 7-night Northern Europe on Disney Magic in June 2015
  • 12-night British Isles on Disney Magic in June 2016

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Hoping you can help. I have been searching the web endlessly for stateroom info. We have rooms on deck 7 but thinking we need to change rooms on this deck. Is port the best side? Anyone have info or photos on staterooms 7154, 7158 or 7160. Thank you in advance!
not sure if you are still looking. If you want a Castaway Cay view the ship usually backs in so you want starboard. Seems like I read a trip report somewhere that said starboard was best on this itinerary for the ports (except for Cayman since we are tendering). Maybe someone else knows. We did this cruise itinerary years ago (not Jamaica) on the Wonder but I don't remember.

I have sailed this itinerary before and my family (.myself, DH, DD14 and DD12) loved it. In Jamaica we did the Dunn's River falls with lunch tour. My kids liked climbing the falls but was very bothered by the aggressive sales pitch for DVD's, tips, and the whole "craft" market you have to walk through at the end. It is a long bus ride and that was also a negative for my group. It is beautiful but very touristy. If you don't mind the sales pitch atmosphere it is neat to climb, otherwise I would pass. We bought the DVD, got it home and it was blank!

In Cayman we did the sting ray city tour with the boat that has the steps that lower into the water. It was great, everything about it was fun. We had half a day to shop, eat at Margaritaville (for the kids! I can do that in the states!) Great port and fun day.

In cozumel we did the Fury catamaran tour. So easy, they basically pulled up to the ship. Fun crew, music and beautiful boat ride. My kids did not love the snorkeling but that was just them, not the tour company. Then we went to private beach with paddle boards, a bunch of inflatable ocean toys and beach. It was great. Highly recommended.

I hope that helps you or someone else! We had so much fun we are doing it again!

Hello! We just booked our first Disney Cruise. There will be four generations my Grandmother (83), My Mom (63), My self (turning 36 on the cruise) and my daughter (7). We are so excited and it is a first cruise for two of us and first Disney cruise for everyone. We are a very Disney Family.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. We will be signing up for FE!

bring different colored sharpies and a plain photo mat and plain white pillowcase. When you board take them to customer service and by the end of the cruise they will return them autographed for your daughter to enjoy

Hi....my family of 3 will be sailing on the fantasy. My husband, myself and our 13 year old daughter. She was hoping to find someone going her age to hang out with. We are so excited and this is our second cruise!! Can't wait!!!:):tigger:

My youngest daughter will be 12, just a few weeks from turning 13 on this cruise. This is our 6th cruise and I bet your daughter will love the edge.

Hi! We are a family of 6. Kids ages at time of cruise will be 9 (girl), 7 (boy), 5(girl), and 2 (boy). One set of grandparents will also be joining us. We are frequent park visitors, but this is only our second Disney Cruise! Our little guy has Down syndrome, any tips on cruising with a special needs baby? Being the youngest of 4 he is very go with the flow! He's always received the warmest welcome, and special extra attention at the parks that make my mama heart so happy for him. My husband and I would also like to run the Castaway Cay 5k, and we are interested in joining a FE group. Any tips would be welcome, and can't wait to meet you all!

Hi all! Our family of five (including DSs ages 15, 13, and turning 9 on the cruise) will be on this cruise. This will be our second time on the Fantasy for the family and the third DCL cruise for DH and me. Where's your favorite place to stay for a night pre-cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter