October 1-8 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean

Hi! My family and I will be on this cruise. Before kids, we cruised a lot on Princess cruise line. We now have two kids and thought Disney would be more "kid friendly". My MIL and SIL will be joining us in a connecting stateroom on deck 5. I'm excited and nervous....glad there is a place we can chat!!

I should have said too...my name is Beth, married to Jim and we have a 5 year old and 3 year old...who will be 6 and 4 on the cruise.

Hi everyone!!!
:welcome:
So glad to have you sailing with us

Please see the first post for important information about our group :sail:

Is it possible to add this information to our site for future reference? I looked up the number of cruise ships for each of our destinations. I find it helpful to figure out when booking excursions to figure out how many other ships we will be competing with.

Departure Day Cape Canaveral: Disney Fantasy and Carnival
Cozumel, Mexico: Disney Fantasy, Carnival, Carnival
Georgetown, Grand Cayman: Disney Fantasy
Falmouth, Jamacia: Disney Fantasy, Royal Caribbean

It looks like Cozumel will be a pretty busy stop compared to Grand Cayman which is showing the Disney Fantasy as the only ship at that port for that day.

Hope this helps someone!

A fellow Aussie I'm so excited!! Hopefully it will my fiance (Nich, 25) myself (Katie, 21) and our roommate ( cody, 26) im very excited this will be my first Disney ever.
Hi Katie :) Lovely to meet other Aussies on the cruise as well... I'm actually travelling with a large-ish group of Aussie girls who are on a tour of WDW/Universal/cruise so you will see quite a few of us around the traps I would imagine :) This will be my first Disney cruise as well ( although not my first cruise by a long shot ) although, quite a few of our number have cruised Disney before. I'm spending a lot of time watching youtube clips in preparation :-)

Hi my name is Michelle this is my and sons first cruise and husband second. Everybody tells me how fun they are. I will be 39, my husband Ray will be 48, and Zachary will be 16 when we are super excited. I have been web surfing watching clips for what to expect and fun thing they do...

I was checking to see how many rooms were booked on our cruise and saw that the room I booked has jumped $1400.00. Yikes...that is huge. Glad I booked when I did!!

Hello can anyone tell me more about the fish extender gift exchange. :ccat: just wonder how many people do you buy for and do you buy a gift everyday of the cruise. Would love to do this. But curious not wanting to break the bank..::MinnieMo

Hi, we are booking today! So excited. This will be our second on the Disney Fantasy and we are doing the Western Caribbean again!. We've cruised RC before but with kids, there's no comparison. This time we are bringing along my sister and her family as well as my Mom and Brother. Look out Fantasy here we come. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hello can anyone tell me more about the fish extender gift exchange. :ccat: just wonder how many people do you buy for and do you buy a gift everyday of the cruise. Would love to do this. But curious not wanting to break the bank..::MinnieMo
Hi Michelle - there is a whole link on the first page of this thread about fish extenders. We did it last time and it was so fun. My kids would run back to our room all the time to see if there was anything on the door for them. How many people is based on how the groups are organized (check the link on the first post in the thread for more info) but it looks like groups of 10 cabins. You decide whether you are doing 1 or more groups and you decide whether you do a group present for the whole cabin or individual ones for each person in the cabin, or separate ones for the kids. The cost is really up to you. We had some home made items, some dollar store revamps/personalizations, some more personal items based on info. There's some great ideas if you google it or check out etsy. It's all about having fun and sharing the disney magic.

Is it possible to add this information to our site for future reference? I looked up the number of cruise ships for each of our destinations. I find it helpful to figure out when booking excursions to figure out how many other ships we will be competing with.

Departure Day Cape Canaveral: Disney Fantasy and Carnival
Cozumel, Mexico: Disney Fantasy, Carnival, Carnival
Georgetown, Grand Cayman: Disney Fantasy
Falmouth, Jamacia: Disney Fantasy, Royal Caribbean

It looks like Cozumel will be a pretty busy stop compared to Grand Cayman which is showing the Disney Fantasy as the only ship at that port for that day.

Hope this helps someone!

From our experience last year...

The port in Falmouth was specifically built by RC for the super ships so it will only ever have one RC boat and one DC boat at a time. Other than when everyone is disembarking, it's not busy at all. And it's so much fun to watch the chaos of RC while enjoying the superb organization of DC in organizing getting groups to their tours.

In Grand Cayman, its a tender port so little boats come to take you to the dock at your designated time, it's a little busy but not too bad, just stay with your group. The port is definitely the least fancy of all the ports you will visit, it's a real working port so a bit more industrial.

Cozumel is like an airport with covered walkways and escalators and ever present guards. It is definitely the most congested but once everyone moves off to their tours, its a nice stroll.

Hello all! We booked this cruise while on our sept 19th cruise. Sailing are myself (Trish), DH Tom, and our teen DDs Lauren & Shannon. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise. So excited!!!!!

Good Morning! We are very excited to be joining everyone on this cruise. This will be my family's second Disney Cruise. We cruised to the Bahamas in March on the Disney Dream. It was fantastic. My partner Jennifer and son, Aidan will be in one room and my parents will be joining us next door. This will be the first time I have partcipated with DisBoards and the FE program.

Hello everyone! Kelli and I will be joining you all on this cruise! We will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on this trip. So we'll be coming without our daughter.

This will be our 2nd trip on the Fantasy and our 6th DCL trip.

Hi everyone! We'll be on this cruise with you all! It will be me, DH, DS 13, DS 11, and possibly DD 21 in another cabin. This will be our 6 th Disney cruise, and our first time sailing as GOLD!! We're from San Diego, CA. We love all things Disney, and always participate in FE! I've organized FE in a previous cruise, so if no one else steps up, I'm willing to do it:D:D

:tink:I'm Shannon and I will be joining everyone along with my husband and our 8 year old daughter. This is my 7th Disney Cruise and will be my 4th on the Fantasy. My favorite part of cruising is preparing. I make sure we have custom shirts or outfits for every day. My husband doesn't always appreciate this but it is fun for me. So you will see us around the ship with unique shirts. I just got off the Fantasy today and enjoyed all the Halloween on the High Seas festivities. We enjoyed trick or treating with others from a Facebook group as well as the gifts in our fish extenders. I'm hoping that some of the groups for this cruise will come up with some fun ideas. Can't wait to get to know everyone as we prepare for another amazing Disney vacation!:smickey:

Hello everyone,
I'm Elaine I'm traveling with my husband Ricky, our 27 year old son Shawn, my Mom Cheryl, and our good friends the Carvers. We have just joined this cruise. We originally booked the September 24th Fantasy but our school system schedule changed so here we are and very excited!!! We are interested in participating in the f/e and sharing some pixie dust during our cruise.
[....]
We are counting down......317 :yay:

{edited by a moderator to conform to board rules outlined here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...ise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/}

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband and I will be joining this cruise...unless i get pregnant soon, then we'll have to cancel. This will be our 5th cruise but first on the Fantasy. Looking forawrd to it. RIght now it feels like an eternity away

Hi! We aré from Argentina! My english is a disaster but we want join in FE!! I dont know how.
Is our first cruise and we will celebrate my husbands birthday.
We aré a family of 3. my dauther Guadalupe (6 years) , my husband Ernesto and me!
So happy to join the group.

Hi! We aré from Argentina! My english is a disaster but we want join in FE!! I dont know how.
Is our first cruise and we will celebrate my husbands birthday.
We aré a family of 3. my dauther Guadalupe (6 years) , my husband Ernesto and me!
So happy to join the group.
Welcome! See the 1st post of this thread for the "blog" link and that will give you all the information and link to facebook page for the FE!

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter