DIS Veteran
As of August 25,2009 this swap has a new home. Click here to be taken there

AVAILABLE 2009 dates:

Oct 12-Nov 9
Nov 16-21
Nov 25-30
Dec 22-31
AND MOST 0f 2010!

Scroll all the way down to see the complete list of dates!

Our swap also includes a coffe pot and toaster!

Please read this before signing up for this swap. Thank you.:goodvibes

This is the Hoppin' at the Pop Fridge Swap.

What is a refrigerator swap?

A fridge swap is a group of DISers who will be staying at a value resort and would like to have a refrigerator in their room without paying $10/night for a WDW fridge. A dorm-size refrigerator is purchased and passed from one vacationing DISer to the next on the list.

Here are some basic rules I think if we all follow will keep this running smoothly.

Please check the list on page 1 before pming me about available dates. If you see that the dates you want are available, them pm me your request. Put your requested dates in the subject line of the PM. I will ask you to provide me with the following information.

1. Your full name at check in AND check-in date.
2. Your reservation number
3. Your email address
4. Your phone numbers that you can be reached at especially while at Disney world

Once you are confirmed, I will note that on the list. If you don't have your ressie number but provide me with the rest of your information, I will hold you as temporary. Then I encourage you to contact the person before and after you to exchange information which includes the information that you give me. Usually about a month before your trip, but you can do it sooner if you want.

As far as the swap goes, you have to make the arrangements. You will either accept the fridge from Luggage Services or in person (between DISers). If you are not swapping in person, inquire at check-in if there is a fridge waiting for you. I've read that you can ask Luggage Services too. If you leave a fridge for a diser at Luggage Services, you have to leave taped to the side of the box their check in name, check-in date and reservation number. Bring paper, a marker, and tape to do this. Please keep this info off of the boards. Only use in pm's. If leaving the fridge with Luggage Services, please ask for a claim ticket number or some kind of information to verify that the fridge was left with Luggage Services. They are supposed to log everything they hold for guests. So at least make sure you see them do that and take down the CM's name. They all wear tags. (I've read somewhere that they can sometimes wear fake namebadges) Call and or pm the DISer who is picking up the fridge after you with the claim ticket number/additional information. Sometimes fridges are moved to Lost and Found or just misplaced. Usually they turn up and having this info can aid in finding it quicker. Be persistant, don't give up and just try to be calm and relaxed. I can guarantee you that I will be on the phone repeatedly until the fridge is found!

What's the best way to defrost the fridge?

Empty the fridge the night before you are checking out. Unplug it, and put a towel inside to catch the water. Leave the door open a little and by morning it should be defrosted. Make sure it is wiped dry. If you are leaving later in the day you could unplug it in the a.m.-it doesn't take to long to defrost.

Please keep it clean for the next user. Bring some disinfecting wipes in a zip lock or use a washcloth with soapy water and wipe it down thoroughly. Please be considerate for the next user.

What's my obligation, if I join this swap?

By joining this swap you agree to make your own arrangements for the swap and to do the swap as arranged. I insist that if you are pulling out of the swap that you give me at least a 2 week notice. Not right after the guest before you leaves for their vacation. You also agree to notify me if anything happens with the swap, or while you have the fridge. Additionally, you agree to clean (wipe out) the fridge, before you swap it. You also agree to make every effort to do the swap as arranged. If the fridge is left, unclaimed, in POP storage, past the date on the box, POP will consider it unclaimed, and dispose of it as they see fit. This includes passing it on to another swap. This can happen in less that 24 hours! You have to pick up, or have it delivered, in a timely manner or the entire swap will fall apart.

I just want to have fun with this and allow people to use a fridge for free while we can. I wish you all great and magical dreams on your WDW vacations.

Lets have fun on our boards and get to know one another. How cool to meet fellow DISers.

And remember.....the DIS, or any person involved with the DIS, shall NOT be liable for ANY problem(s) that may arise from this swap.

Here's a picture of it all boxed up so you know what you are looking for: Thanks merlot!

FridgeBoxPicture.jpg

And this is the box the COFFEE POT is in. Thanks Goofy22!

HPIM0592.jpg

These are 2 seperate boxes!!!!

UPDATED: 8-18-09: Current List

August

Aug 11-19-----------coop1208---------------Confirmed
Aug 19-24-----------cheap traveler----------Confirmed
Aug 24-Sept 3-------Goofy22----------------Confirmed
Sept 4-11-----------onemaybaby------------Confirmed
Sept 11-19----------disneyfan551-----------Confirmed
Sept 19-27----------Mickeefan--------------Confirmed
Sept 27-Oct 1-------lovemyboys2009--------Confirmed
Oct 1-7-------------JoliBug------------------Confirmed
Oct 7-12------------gsil8--------------------Confirmed

Oct 12-Nov 9-------AVAILABLE-----Oct 12-Nov 21

Nov 9-16-----------nicolem05---------------Confirmed<-----NEW

Nov 16-21-------AVAILABLE--------------Nov 16-21

Nov 21-25----------lilgurl25-----------------Confirmed

Nov 25-30-------AVAILABLE-------------Nov 25-30

Nov 30-Dec 4-------Mercenary-------------Nov 30-Dec 4

Dec 4-9------------cgorn------------------Confirmed

Dec 9-12---------- Nancy for Disney--------Confirmed<-----NEW

Dec 12-22----------mcsele-----------------Confirmed

Dec 22-31--------AVAILABLE-------------Dec 22-31

Sept 15-24----------parkers*momma--------Temporary
Sept. 24-Oct 3------aries1980--------------Temporary

Thanks for taking over!!! :worship: I had previously requested the dates from Sep 26 to Oct 1st, got a pm and everything but then came all the changes, so can you please add me to the list for those dates? Thanks! I'll pm you any way....

mkycrzy1971 and liliagm added to the list as temps til I get more info.

Everyone else on the list. I need your info as well. Thanks!

I have just a small, miniscule request. If you are participating in this swap check in from time to time. :surfweb:

When you return let us know how things went. I love to hear about trips.:goodvibes

Hi, I am receiving the pm's, I just have pneumonia right now and am gonna rest and try checking things out later. Don't get discouraged. I'll be around.

:sick: Hope you are feeling better soon!! So sorry to hear that....Sending 'get well' wishes your way....:flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

Just PMd you with some dates. So sorry to hear you are sick. Feel better and I'll wait to hear back. Thanks much! :flower3:

Hi,

I am sorry I am not elder enough to send PM. But we are staying at POP from 10/19 to 11/2. I have paid for the room and have a reservation number and I have a cell phone I can easily be reached. Although a bit nervous 7 months of people have to not mess up ahead of us we would be excited to be added to your list if possible.

Feel better!

Hi,

I am sorry I am not elder enough to send PM. But we are staying at POP from 10/19 to 11/2. I have paid for the room and have a reservation number and I have a cell phone I can easily be reached. Although a bit nervous 7 months of people have to not mess up ahead of us we would be excited to be added to your list if possible.

Feel better!

You can start posting here, or go to the games forums to up your post counts.

I can pencil you in, but I need your info to be fair.

Is this your first trip to WDW? Do you have kids?

You can start posting here, or go to the games forums to up your post counts.

I can pencil you in, but I need your info to be fair.

Is this your first trip to WDW? Do you have kids?

We went last year around the same time. We love the smaller crowds and the CHEAP prices. We got pretty similar deal last year but for all those looking for a bargin out there think about going in the off times if you can...we got our room for a bit less then $50 a night! From what I am reading we are doing pretty good. Last year we just kept asking if there were any deals/coupons that we should know about and this year they sent us a flier with a code on it.

We are not (yet) married and do not have kids. Please e-mail me if you can and I am more then happy to give the info requested. Until I start posting more I am just a noob with no ability :sad1:

You are all keeping me busy!

I really hope everyone else decides to check in.

kaysmommie you should be very excited for your trip. It's almost just a week away!

cruisekat have you checked in with scrapper216 and JERSEYGIRLINSI?

Please stop in folks and let me know that this is working.

Yup I got it :goodvibes Thanks!

I don't have the info on me now (I am supposed to be working) but I will e-mail you when I get home. Should be around 7:00 Eastern time.

We are in the same timezone. Cool, but I'll be on my way to class. Maybe when I return I'll look for it.

I love when people say, supposed to be working.

Kinda goes with when i say my baby is supposed to be sleeping!

HI! Do you stil have August 26th thru August31st open? If so i would like to book those dates if possible! Please let me know!As your first page it looks like you do! I hoping! Thanks!

i see someone by these dates but it does not say confirmed. Are these dates available? Can I get on a wait list if the other member does not "confirm"?
Thanks, Eva

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter