• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

NYC Cruisers - who's going....

On the 10/14 cruise. :boat:

Was talking to another person in my building that has cruised a lot and he said these cruises are a lot more 'lively' than your typical Disney cruise. Not sure what he meant as I didn't have time to ask him to elaborate. So not sure if he meant because they were out of NY, or Halloween on the High Seas, or WDW. Couldn't have been referring to Marvel because none of those have happened yet.

We are on the nov 4th out of New York. Anyone else on this one??
I need precruise help?? Where is the port? Where do you stay? How do you get there with Disney transfers?? Uber?? I need help please

Disney Magic sails out of Pier 88 or 90, 711 12th Avenue, which is right at the bottom of the Westside Highway, at 48th Street. There are a number of name hotels on Manhattan's west side or many people stay across the river in Hoboken and Secaucus.

Was talking to another person in my building that has cruised a lot and he said these cruises are a lot more 'lively' than your typical Disney cruise. Not sure what he meant as I didn't have time to ask him to elaborate. So not sure if he meant because they were out of NY, or Halloween on the High Seas, or WDW. Couldn't have been referring to Marvel because none of those have happened yet.
Based on the cruise meet page for the 10/6 cruise, I think it's gonna be a huge party. We've got some excited people on that cruise.

We leave 11/11. Can't come soon enough! We'll be celebrating our first vacation without children in over 8 years plus it's my birthday on the 12th. Can't wait!

Congrats and Happy Birthday early!
I remember our first vacation with out our boys. My sons are older, so we are cruising for the 2nd time without them!!!

Lol! I am currently babysitting my nieces. My DS and her DH are taking their first trip with their girls. They are flying to Paris tonight, celebrating 10 years!!!

I don't know if this is what your neighbor was talking about, but last year when we sailed on the Magic out of NYC, we definitely felt like the make-up of people on board was different -- it turns out it was a Jets cruise, which may have contributed -- but there were just a lot more people from the NY Metro area given their proximity to port than you seem to see on the cruises out of PC. I think you get a wider mix of people out of PC -- that was my perception, at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter