2. went to a Yankees game
3. was in the city and saw Alan Cumming
4. sampled MUCHO vino at a BBQ'n'Blues outing at a NY State winery
5. saw my brother's new leg
6. went to the HAPPY TOGETHER TOUR at BergenPAC with friends
7. was part of the live audience for America's Got Talent

....and that was just THIS week.....:lmao::rotfl2: j/k

How is your brother doing?

Happy Together Tour (Flo & Eddie of the Turtles or have I really dated myself?!!! :rotfl:)

Which night were you in the AGT audience? I love that they are now at Radio City Music Hall -- thank you, Howard Stern! ;)

I don't now if you had the latest scoop on his condition; he had to have his le amputated,6 inches below his knee. About 2 weeks after that, he fell in the shower and landed smack-dab on his stump causing it to 'explode' and he had to undergo emergency surgery. Well, his doctor wanted to remove more of his leg [above the knee] because there was literally no salvageable skin to close up the gaping wound. They attached a piece of surgical mesh over it and little by little kept stretching his skin until he had enough to permanently close up the wound. It is 100% healed now and he just got fitted for his first prothesis on Friday!

Happy Together Tour (Flo & Eddie of the Turtles or have I really dated myself?!!! :rotfl:)
Yes, ding, ding, ding,you are correct, but also appearing was Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Chuck Negron [formerly of Three Dog Night], Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, and Mark Lindsey [of Paul Revere and the Raiders]
Which night were you in the AGT audience? I love that they are now at Radio City Music Hall -- thank you, Howard Stern! ;)
It was last week - the Results Night.

I don't now if you had the latest scoop on his condition; he had to have his le amputated,6 inches below his knee. About 2 weeks after that, he fell in the shower and landed smack-dab on his stump causing it to 'explode' and he had to undergo emergency surgery. Well, his doctor wanted to remove more of his leg [above the knee] because there was literally no salvageable skin to close up the gaping wound. They attached a piece of surgical mesh over it and little by little kept stretching his skin until he had enough to permanently close up the wound. It is 100% healed now and he just got fitted for his first prothesis on Friday!

Yes, ding, ding, ding,you are correct, but also appearing was Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Chuck Negron [formerly of Three Dog Night], Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, and Mark Lindsey [of Paul Revere and the Raiders]
It was last week - the Results Night.

Great news about your brother! :thumbsup2

I have seen all those acts from Happy Together (over the years! :rotfl:) I saw Flo & Eddie of the Turtles as the opening act for Alice Cooper!! lol

Took DD Tori (then 8 or 9) to see Gary Lewis & the Playboys. Gary is such an adorable nerd and he made Tori feel so special - actually talking to her from the stage! :goodvibes

I met Three Dog Night (this was many years ago!) while the opening act was on and I got up to go to the restroom! :rotfl:) Glad Chuck is out touring again. He was an addict for many years and last I heard is estranged from Danny and Cory. :(

I saw Gary Puckett after the Union Gap disbanded. I've seen Paul Revere many times, but only after Mark Lindsay had left the Raiders.

I hope it was a good concert! We used to go to these oldies concerts all the time, but they're getting fewer and fewer as the years go by. :sad1:

AGT: so far I've been very pleased with the results, although last week was the show where I truly think at least 6 of those acts should have gone through.

So how long do we wait before we open a temp place? We need a place to direct people right?

To answer your question, Brandi... I think someone needs to start the #10 AKL FAQ before this one is shut down! I am sitting in s lousy Four Points Sheraton in Chambersburg PA this morning, about to take of fro Boston or I would offer to do it. Someone needs to get in touch with Kim or move all that info over to a new thread. :(

before we get shut down...

Here is the new one until Kim comes back...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3158680

....hey Brandi, could you be so kind as to add my link to the thread that you started? THANKS! :thumbsup2 This way, they'll get 'combined'....:flower3:

I have added you, and glad you are keeping busy, I have your DH in my prayers along with all our men and women in the services..

my name is Paula and I am from the UK. I just wanted to offer you my upmost respect for your dedication to the miltary. Your country and indeed the world owe you much gratitude. I hope you and your family have an amazing time.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers they are always welcome and very appreciated.

Where did everybody go? :)

Anyone have any AKL photos to share?

How about ideas for which activities you enjoyed the most... which should we look for on our AKL schedule when we arrive?

:flower3:

Anyone have any news for the Magic Band roll out for Kidani Village? I know September testing was going to include Jambo House (regular and DVC)... Wondering if they're going to roll out to Kidani soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter