November 2012 Code Watch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else looking at Thanksgiving week 2012? Any chance for a discount then?

Your guess is as good as mine! We're heading there the week after Thanksgiving. If you have a hearty appetite and Free Dining is offered, then that'll be the way to go. Meals at WDW can add up to a pretty penny. I'm hoping for a room discount. But if the estimated amount I will be spending on food exceeds the amount I'll be saving with a room discount, then it doesn't make it worth while. In any case, I'm so glad to be returning to WDW. The atmosphere is simply magical during the holiday season!:santa:

We've decided to give Bonnet Creek a go for our Nov. 2012 trip. With our party of five adults and one toddler, the Values are awkward, even with connecting rooms, and we're priced out of any of the Disney villas. Bonnet Creek coming in at a maximum of about $120/night for a two-bedroom villa makes it hard for us to pass up.

Can't wait to get to planning, still a little too far out for me, though!

We are booked for Nov 10-17, 2012. I'm booked at Port Orleans Riverside but if Free dining is offered, we're switching to Art of Animation Studio resort. It will be our kids first trip to Disney World and they LOVE all the Disney/Pixar movies.

Here's to wishing for FREE DINING!!!

ME too!!!! staying at POR too!!!! wishing for FD too:) :rotfl:

We are planning on Nov 4-15th. Looking into either doing a Jr. Suite (2 adults 3 girls) or renting DVC pts. We are a military family and are hoping for a good military discount for the 2012-2013 year or getting a 40% off pin code.

ME too!!!! staying at POR too!!!! wishing for FD too:) :rotfl:

We are planning a Nov trip to POR as well!! Right now I'm thinking Nov 9-16th which looks like it will be the end of Jersey week. Does anyone know if Jersey week is typically blacked out of discounts? We went last year and stayed at POP, but next year it will be POR! :yay:

We are planning a Nov trip to POR as well!! Right now I'm thinking Nov 9-16th which looks like it will be the end of Jersey week. Does anyone know if Jersey week is typically blacked out of discounts? We went last year and stayed at POP, but next year it will be POR! :yay:

I dont think so cuz we went last year and they offered free dining extended through nov 18th I think

:goodvibes How far in advance can you book a room? We are planning on Nov. 11th-17th. Thanks

You can book now:) It gives u a nice long time to pay:) and plan:)

On another note, when we went last year they offered free dining for the second week in November. I just saw the 2011 dates and see the same trend(second week in November) so I hope they do the same next year! That will save me $950! :worship::worship:

:goodvibes Thanks for the info...I will call tomorrow and book a room. Silly question...is POR, Port of Orleans riverside? This is where I want to stay this time instead of POP. Can't wait and will have a while to make payments too.

If the current rumor for Fall 2011 FD is true regarding blackout dates then it looks like they are blacking out FD for Jersey Week/Veterans Day for 2011 so may be the same in 2012.

Here is my dilema: I have looked at when free dining was offered the past few years and its been the 2nd FULL week in November(among other dates lol) so because we now have a saturday booked and if free dining was offered it would be the sunday AFTER we arrive. should I cancel the saturday? take my chances? or just pay for dining and hope for another PIN? I need to figure this out before we book our flights(I know still months and months away) but with me having a grand gathering and having 5 rooms to think about, its not just my family this impacts. If for some reason we are offerd FD, we could book a room only ressie for saturday but then we might have to switch rooms! And thats if there is any FD availablility in POR princess rooms! UGH! I hat Disneys game of Russian Rhoullette!

We are going sometime between September 2012 and December 2012. I won't finalize my plans until April or so.

Here's what I know so far:
we will be staying for 7 days, 6 nights.

If we fly, we'll likely stay onsite. I haven't chosen between point rentals or staying at a moderate or value.
How are the studio villa pullout couches? can two elementary school age children share it? I worry that the studio will be too small for the 4 of us.

If we drive, I will likely have us stay offsite. I can get the fairfield inn at Marriott villages for $65 a night. Its pretty tempting but on the other hand I have never gotten to stay on site.

We are planning on being there the 6-15 of November is this a crowded time?

Half of your stay is what they call 'Jersey week' so it may be a little bit more crowded...I dont know this for sure...just going by what has been said on here. I am going 10-17 but may change depending on any PIN's or offers

I am still hoping for fall 2012 free dining...not sure when it would come out. Some say may, some say not til august. I would love to know in may before I book my flight!

Well, since they just announced free dining for this fall yesterday (Aug. 3rd), I would expect to see Nov 2012 disc announced next Aug.

Cool! I did just book a free dining trip for me and DH since when we went before we had 3 kids and couldnt do anyhting by ourselves:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter