• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2012 Code Watch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were in the WDW last Nov. 11-15, 2010, and it was wonderful! The crowds weren't bad at all. Epcot was a bit more crowded, probably since it was the last weekend of F&W. I can't wait to go again!

Oh, we were in MK on a Monday, and it wasn't bad at all. We did whatever we wanted with little wait time.

My hubby thinks I'm crazy for crunching numbers and planning this far in advance, so I'm glad there are others who share the insanity.

We were in the WDW last Nov. 11-15, 2010, and it was wonderful! The crowds weren't bad at all. Epcot was a bit more crowded, probably since it was the last weekend of F&W. I can't wait to go again!

Oh, we were in MK on a Monday, and it wasn't bad at all. We did whatever we wanted with little wait time.

My hubby thinks I'm crazy for crunching numbers and planning this far in advance, so I'm glad there are others who share the insanity.

when we went last october, we went to MK on a monday and only waited for one ride. But this time with it being veterans day, we will just skip MK on a monday! I dont think your crazy for planning this far in advance.....gives you more time to make the trip extra special! :cloud9:

We're gonna be there Nov 26-Dec 7. Thrilled!! Love the holiday decorations all around WDW! Our DU agent won't be able to book till next week. Then, it's official!

we're going november 1-10 for our wedding and honeymoon :)

i just got our disney room block information and have pretty good discounts for GF, BWI and CSR. anyone can book from the block once i set it up for Oct 31-Nov 11, 2012. my fear is because of the opening of the new part of fantasyland that there won't be many discounts in the fall so i'm going to use our block to book. if you're looking to stay at one of those resorts, pm me and i'll give you the rates. :goodvibes

Congrats!

My daughter already says she needs to find a guy who'll go to WDW for their honeymoon!

YAY! So excited your planning a trip in November! I have been planning which park which day only because my grandparents are coming in from Fort Myers and they wanna go to MK so we have to work around that and the MVMCP! Hope its happening on Tues and Thurs like this november!

Got this from Disney Destination today:

Stay! Play! Dine! When you purchase this 4-night/5-day Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations at select Disney Resort hotels, the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan and Theme Park tickets, you can stay, play and dine your Disney days away! Select Disney Value Resorts $480* per adult based on adult double occupancy in a standard room.
For stays most nights 11/1/11-11/18/11 and 11/26/11-11/30/11. That's a savings of 22%!

*The number of packages available at this rate is limited. Savings based on non-discounted price for the same package. Tickets valid for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer is nontransferable. Advance reservations required. Excludes alcoholic beverages.

Walt Disney Travel Company CST# 1022229-50

I apologize, I didn't notice and probably couldn't grasp the thread was regarding 2012, hats off to your planning :worship:

I wonder... What sort of discounts will Disney have for our 2012 trip? The last time we were there in Nov-Dec 2009, we were on Free Dining. And since we were staying at a Value resort, it was a Quick Service Dining Plan that was attached to our reservation. However, we upgraded (for $11/person/night) to a Deluxe Dining Plan as we wanted to enjoy some Table Service meals as well. Though we didn't have to worry about paying cash whenever we ate, I found that we were constantly trying to make it to our reservations on time. And we're not big eaters. So the amount of food was way more than necessary. One Disney-sized entree is enough to feed the 2 of us.

So for 2012, I am hoping that there'll be a good Room Only Discount. I do not want to do Free Dining again, if possible. Here's are the BIG QUESTIONS:
What discount rates do the Value Resorts see under normal Room Only discount circumstances? Is it 20%? 25%? Does it ever go beyond that?
If the amount of money I will be spending on food exceeds my savings with a room discount, then it will make more sense to go with Free Dining. We can choose to forgo a few meals on the dining plan since we'll be sharing most of our entrees. What do you guys think? Free Dining (w/ an upgrade to Deluxe Dining) or Room Only discount? :confused::confused:

I wonder... What sort of discounts will Disney have for our 2012 trip? The last time we were there in Nov-Dec 2009, we were on Free Dining. And since we were staying at a Value resort, it was a Quick Service Dining Plan that was attached to our reservation. However, we upgraded (for $11/person/night) to a Deluxe Dining Plan as we wanted to enjoy some Table Service meals as well. Though we didn't have to worry about paying cash whenever we ate, I found that we were constantly trying to make it to our reservations on time. And we're not big eaters. So the amount of food was way more than necessary. One Disney-sized entree is enough to feed the 2 of us.

So for 2012, I am hoping that there'll be a good Room Only Discount. I do not want to do Free Dining again, if possible. Here's are the BIG QUESTIONS:
What discount rates do the Value Resorts see under normal Room Only discount circumstances? Is it 20%? 25%? Does it ever go beyond that?
If the amount of money I will be spending on food exceeds my savings with a room discount, then it will make more sense to go with Free Dining. We can choose to forgo a few meals on the dining plan since we'll be sharing most of our entrees. What do you guys think? Free Dining (w/ an upgrade to Deluxe Dining) or Room Only discount? :confused::confused:

When I was there in late october 2010, we were offered the 40% off deluxe, 30% off a mod and 25% of a value I think....there was also free dining so with that being said....if you got the percent off-would u upgrade? I am not sure this year! I want a royal themed room instead of Poly :lovestruc

Anyway just so my lil 'november 2012' group knows.....i am excited to anounce, I added a day! YAY! so we are booked for November 10-17! :cheer2:

Thank you, Mommy of 3! My booking can be made in 24hrs or so. For now, I will stick to a Value resort. We'll see if Disney does indeed come up with Free Dining or a Room discount. And of course, I'll be crunching numbers for the best deal! Something I must keep in mind is if FD is offered, then staying at a Mod will mean that the Deluxe Dining Plan will come with it. And there's no need to pay the extra to upgrade. Hmmm. It's something worth thinking about. Again, thanks a bunch!

You are so very welcome!!!! Im working on my planners today-yes planners I have to do 4 for our grand gathering but everyone will be on the same page:)

I am trying to figure out what to do for our 2012 trip. Do I just plan a week at AKL or do I book a 10 day split stay w/AKL & YC? My boys will be 7 & 3.5 yrs old. I wonder if it's too much hassle to switch resorts mid trip w/younger kids? My DH wouldn't be too crazy about staying that long. We have stayed 8 days b4 & he was so ready to go home. Maybe switching resorts will help keep him from getting tired of WDW.
Our next trip won't be til 3 yrs after (2015), so I want to stay longer & take it easy.
What would you do???

We are booked for Nov 10-17, 2012. I'm booked at Port Orleans Riverside but if Free dining is offered, we're switching to Art of Animation Studio resort. It will be our kids first trip to Disney World and they LOVE all the Disney/Pixar movies.

Here's to wishing for FREE DINING!!!

I just booked the Polynesian for November 3-11, 2012:cool1:

I am excited but a bit skeptical because it's so far away and I feel like plans could change between now and then.

I just booked the Polynesian for November 3-11, 2012:cool1:

I am excited but a bit skeptical because it's so far away and I feel like plans could change between now and then.

If you eat lunch at Gasparilla's at the GF on Monday the 5th.... you could see my wedding outside at Sago Cay Pointe :)

We'll be there Nov 1-10 :yay:

We're hoping for Nov 10-17 but I'm worried about airfare home since the 17th is the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I've been checking SW to see what they do this year and that Saturday is more expensive so far.

Hmmmm... the airfare game makes it hard because we were hoping to rent points for a 1br at the BWV but those reservations are set in stone once we make them. I have until December to decide because that is when we'll need to rent the points for the villa. This trip is getting to be a pickle to plan.

:goodvibes We are also planning a trip for Nov. Probably around the 11th-17 and can't wait as we will be celebrating our 50th. Waiting for over a year will be very hard. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter