November 2010 Code watch

I'm wondering why Disney hasn't released any deals yet for the week of 11/7? :confused3

Me too!! Someone responded to my inquiry about that week with info about a Golf tourney and a convention at Coronado that week. I can't imagine either of those things having a big enough impact to cause a blackout for specials, but maybe so?

I'd really love a room discount, but I couldn't even get free dining, which I'm not terribly enthused about anyway!

FREE FREE FREE ...I LOVE free!!! Nov. 18-27th with Free Dining!!:cool1:

Happy Thanksgiving to us!

Well, this has been fun. I called this morning, and the CM flat out said no values were available for our dates. At all. As soon as I started asking questions (all values? all of our dates? nothing is available?) she got a little prickly. So I thanked her and hung up. I got wrapped in things at work (darn work), so I couldn't call back until tonight.

So I called again about an hour ago, and had no problem.

We have a room-only ressie for 11/11, then the package at All Star Sports for 11/12-19. We got 7-day tickets, which the CM said we can get and use the day we check in (11/11), even though they are attached to the package that starts 11/12.

Well, this has been fun. I called this morning, and the CM flat out said no values were available for our dates. At all. As soon as I started asking questions (all values? all of our dates? nothing is available?) she got a little prickly. So I thanked her and hung up. I got wrapped in things at work (darn work), so I couldn't call back until tonight.

So I called again about an hour ago, and had no problem.

We have a room-only ressie for 11/11, then the package at All Star Sports for 11/12-19. We got 7-day tickets, which the CM said we can get and use the day we check in (11/11), even though they are attached to the package that starts 11/12.

So you did this and got the FD? I may have to call again in the morning to see if a different CM will let me do that. The one I talked to today wouldn't do that. He said I could do the room only for 11/11 but not get the tickets for the package until 11/12.

So you did this and got the FD? I may have to call again in the morning to see if a different CM will let me do that. The one I talked to today wouldn't do that. He said I could do the room only for 11/11 but not get the tickets for the package until 11/12.

It's not up to the CM. Someone posted here on the DIS recently that they now allow you to pick up your park tickets up to 3 days in advance of your package starting.

I believe the only down side was that your park tickets then stay separate from your room key card.

Yes, I got the FD starting our second day, the 12th. My tickets are attached to my package (which starts the 12th), but the CM said we could get them a day early (when we check in for our room-only ressie on the 11th).

Run those dates through the website. The dates are ARRIVAL dates.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/
If 11/5 is your arrival, you should be able to get it.

jonw: Half of my dates are in FD black out but we get FD for our whole stay. Can you move your dates a little?

-----

Thanks for understanding. Unfortunately, my arrival date falls during the black out period so I can't get the discount. I would move our dates if we could but we already purchased our airfare. We'll be there either way, but I'll keep trying to find a discount until the plane leaves the runway! :rotfl:

Thanks to all you very helpful folks I just booked a trip for 14 nights from Nov 28th to December 12th at All Star Sports, 10 day tickets and QS dining for $1862.34. Have to check the math on this as my figures are a bit different but I am one happy woman! Now I have something to live for once again.:lmao:

Slightly Goofy

We are booked November 13th - 21st. We had a 30% off pin code, already had dining reservations:goodvibes and then Free Dining came out!!:banana:
Saved our Grand Gathering :grouphug:over $1,000.00!!! I love Disney:dance3:

Shoot!!!! We already booked our flights and are arriving on November 11!!! I can't believe this!!! I have been waiting for free dining and now we can't even use it!!

If you are flying Southwest you can change the dates with no fees - just the cost change if there is any.

I think I posted months ago we were hoping to visit in Nov. We booked a week ago for the dates of Nov. 13-19 for free dining and staying at POP. Also we received a great deal with SW fights. First time since years we are going off-season(usually June visitors). Plus first time for MVMCP:goodvibes

I think I posted months ago we were hoping to visit in Nov. We booked a week ago for the dates of Nov. 13-19 for free dining and staying at POP. Also we received a great deal with SW fights. First time since years we are going off-season(usually June visitors). Plus first time for MVMCP:goodvibes

Congratulations fellow "Burgher"!! We also be there around the same time (11-9 to 11-16). We hit the black-out dates for the Free Dining, so hoping for another Visa/public offer or PIN.

I'm confused about the posters not getting free dining on 11/11.:confused3DH and I are booked at POP 11/11-11/15 with free dining. Maybe because I had a PIN according to the booking CM? That is Veteran's day BTW.

I'm confused about the posters not getting free dining on 11/11.:confused3DH and I are booked at POP 11/11-11/15 with free dining. Maybe because I had a PIN according to the booking CM? That is Veteran's day BTW.

Yes, you lucked out by having the pin since the general public offer blacked out the begining of Nov 1-11

Yes, you lucked out by having the pin since the general public offer blacked out the begining of Nov 1-11

What is the rationale for the blackout? I was looking at 11/1 to 11/7 and was surprised these dates aren't available. Is there something else going on besides Food and Wine I will want to avoid?

I am also wondering why the first week and a half of November is blacked out. DH has a conference in Orlando 11/8-11/10, and I am joining him for a long weekend 11/10-11/14. We thought it would be a slower time at WDW, even with Food and Wine festival going on. I was so surprised when our dates were blacked out for free dining.

What is the rationale for the blackout? I was looking at 11/1 to 11/7 and was surprised these dates aren't available. Is there something else going on besides Food and Wine I will want to avoid?

Childrens Miracle Golf Tournament? MVMCP and OL? not sure if there is anything else but Nov 1 is the last Halloween Party I think and it is Jersey Week

I am also wondering why the first week and a half of November is blacked out. DH has a conference in Orlando 11/8-11/10, and I am joining him for a long weekend 11/10-11/14. We thought it would be a slower time at WDW, even with Food and Wine festival going on. I was so surprised when our dates were blacked out for free dining.

After doing some research, during the second week (your dates) there is a huge conference at Coronado, a PGA Tour golf event 11-14th, A Robotics All Star Challenge at Wide World of Sports 11-13th, and Festival of Masters at DTD 12-14th. Not sure if any of those play a part in the blackout. I still can not find anything going on the first week of November though. I am bummed:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter