November 2010 Code watch

What exactly is "Jersey Week"?

Jersey holds teacher conferences at WDW this year I think it is the 4 and 5 or 5 and 6 so many families use this time to take there kids out of school and visit Disney too for the week they leave by the 7th

What exactly is "Jersey Week"?

In New Jersey we have the New Jersey Teacher's Convention. It is always Thursday & Friday of the first full week in November. All the schools are closed at least those 2 days, some school close the entire week. Many many people from Jersey take advantage of this and head to Disney for the week.

Laurie

After doing some research, during the second week (your dates) there is a huge conference at Coronado, a PGA Tour golf event 11-14th, A Robotics All Star Challenge at Wide World of Sports 11-13th, and Festival of Masters at DTD 12-14th. Not sure if any of those play a part in the blackout. I still can not find anything going on the first week of November though. I am bummed:sad1:

I wondered about there being a conference at CSR since when I tried CSR for the FD pin I recieved there was not a room available

The New Jersey teacher convention isn't in WDW. It is in Atlantic City in NJ. However, the families go because they only have to pull their kids out of school 2 or 3 days if that. They get to go when it's a bit cooler & don't have to pay Holiday rates. My sister has gone during Jersey Week with her family and we went when we were younger with our parents. It wasn't crowded at all. Last year Disney didn't block out Jersey week. Not really sure why they block Jersey week out. It's not like it's a holiday week and there are probably less people there than during the summer months when there are all kinds of deals.

Anyone know if there is a chance at any other discounts besides free dining for Nov (and early Dec)?

Free dining just doesn't 'do it' for us. I would love a room only discount but haven't gotten a pin or seen any general public offers. I didn't miss something did I.
Though if something did comes out we probably won't be able to get any ADRs at that point anyway.

Yesterday I changed an ADR, no problem. Today I went to the Disney site and it told me to enter my pin code...Don't have one. Tried again, same thing. Call to speak with a CM who says yes you do have a pin attached to your name for free dining. :cool1: However, you are only staying one night. I'm staying at the YC and other family at THV beginning the 21st. But he can't do anything because I booked with a TA who is the only one who can change those ressies.:mad:

I might call tomorrow and see what I can do on my own and if all goes well cancel the reservations the TA made. Given there are 7 of us, FD would be huge. Much better than the 40% pin! Here's hoping we can make this work!

can anyone tell me the number to call to see if there's a pin code with my name? i have ressies for november but would love to see if there's any discounts waiting for me that i don't know about. thanks in advance.

I really wish that there was free dining November 5-14th!
This is when we really want to go.

Anyone think there is any chance that Free dining will become available that week?
Like other posters have said, I can't see any reason why it isn't offered that week!
I need a PIN!!

I really wish that there was free dining November 5-14th!
This is when we really want to go.

Anyone think there is any chance that Free dining will become available that week?
Like other posters have said, I can't see any reason why it isn't offered that week!
I need a PIN!!

Have you booked a room ressie yet?

Reason I am asking is I booked my room for Nov 8-13th back in February and a few weeks ago I recieved a pin for FD for the weeks blocked out by the public offer, unfortunately we are staying deluxe on a 40% pin discount which is a better deal for us, so we can not use the FD but maybe if you book you will get lucky and recieve a pin offer.

I know a few from the November Thread recieved the FD pin and were booked for that excluded week also.

Good Luck

albertan mom: those are the exact dates i already have booked. have ressies for all star movies. still waiting for a phone number or a pin to drop out of the sky!

can anyone tell me the number to call to see if there's a pin code with my name? i have ressies for november but would love to see if there's any discounts waiting for me that i don't know about. thanks in advance.

I just got off the phone with a wonderful CM, named Nevada. The number I called was 407-939-7665. I did have a FD pin attached to my name. I was able to keep dh and I at the Yacht Club but had to move my dd, dd, dsil and dgs to Saratoga Springs for a 2 br villa. I saved quite a bit but not as much as I could have because I did go with the DDP. We want to do several character breakfasts and a couple of signature TS.

We easily could have done the DP but my dh didn't want to pay any oop for meals...he says this is easier by far. And probably cheaper in the long run! I know it is not for everyone but for us over the holiday, celebrating a birthday and anniversary as well being our Christmas gift to our children and grand children...priceless.

We booked a bounceback offer after our last trip in Nov/Dec 2009, but three of the days were full price so I have been watching out for deals for those 3 days. About 1 1/2 weeks ago I was able to get the 40% off for at least one more day, but still paying pull price for Thanksgiving day and the day after.

I did try to get the whole trip on one reservation, but there were no availabilities.:confused3

New discounts available for Poly mid-November. :dance3: Go to the website and check out 'special offers'. I just saved $900. Previously, all the Fall/Winter room rates had been sold out. I got a credit applied to my cc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter