Northerners, how do you pack for a Disney vacation in the winter?

To me, cold is cold no matter where you're from! I always take a bookbag with a hoddie and winter hat for nights because I don't normally go back to the room. The boat ride from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge/Ft. Wilderness gets awfully cold at night if you're stuck on one of the little open boats!!!

Shorts and t-shirt with a hoodie. Maybe a pair of Jeans if it looks like it will get into the 40's at night. Of course we come from North Dakota and heck it was -25 last week with a -45 wind chill. I walked into Magic Kingdom the one morning and I had on North Dakota State gear and the bag check guy in his long pants and heavy coat looked at me in my shorts and t shirt and shook his head and said you North Dakotans are crazy its freezing out here.

Reactions: TAK

You should see how southerners pack.. 60 is cold, 50 is freezing..

You want to have more than shorts and no jacket. Layers.. whatever you don't bring you'll need to buy and that will kill your budget faster than food does.. you don't have to go nuts, pack mostly for the forecast, a little for real cold and somewhere inbetween. bring laundry pods so if it flips and your mostly in cold weather you have the supplies to do some late night earlier morning laundry.

Last week, one day was so cold & windy that I wore the coat and gloves I flew down in. Another day was a short-sleeve top & jeans with a light jacket, and I really needed the jacket in the early/late hours. A few days later was a summer sundress on its own. You truly never know. Check the weather right before you go and make sure you have enough layers/options.

Shorts and t-shirt with a hoodie. Maybe a pair of Jeans if it looks like it will get into the 40's at night. Of course we come from North Dakota and heck it was -25 last week with a -45 wind chill. I walked into Magic Kingdom the one morning and I had on North Dakota State gear and the bag check guy in his long pants and heavy coat looked at me in my shorts and t shirt and shook his head and said you North Dakotans are crazy its freezing out here.

And I'm the North Dakotan that is freezing if it's below 50 lol I don't know why I live here. I have a picture from us last Feb where I was wearing long pants, long sleeves and a thick hoodie at night and my husband was in sandals, shorts and a polo.

We were there a couple years ago when the high a couple days was in the low/mid 40s with lows in the 30s. We are from Pittsburgh and were fine in long pants and sweatshirts most the time, but the couple times in was in the 30s low 40s we were a bit chilly.

Worst part was a couple other days it was in the 60s but very cool in the morning. That was the only time we were actually cold as we didn't want to lug around sweatshirts in the afternoon when it was 60 so we went without. I would just carry them around all day in the future, wasn't worth the few hours of being cold.

And I'm the North Dakotan that is freezing if it's below 50 lol I don't know why I live here. I have a picture from us last Feb where I was wearing long pants, long sleeves and a thick hoodie at night and my husband was in sandals, shorts and a polo.

and the next person about to move near WDW is......

Shorts, shorts, and more shorts. I was in WDW during marathon weekend and didn't bring a single pair of paints. I did bring a light jacket which I wore on a couple nights but otherwise I was fine.

You are exactly like my wife with the temperature. She does not like the cold we pack a little different for Disney in January.

Chicago here. Last month we packed and wore jeans or shorts, short sleeved shirts, and sandals or flips. We had one pair of closed shoes, a couple of long shirts, and a hoodie each, for a potential cold day or two, and for the flight home. We had one cold day/freezing night, and five days of hot.

The best thing to do is check what the weather is supposed to be when you are there. We went the beginning of December. I had clothes for every season. One day it rained and was so cold we wore our jeans, hoodie, and I wore my winter jacket. Went to the show at HS that night and wore hoods from hoodie and jacket, and had gloves and was still cold. The last day we were there was shorts and tshirts. So its best to check the weather and be prepared for anything.

I will recite the "true northerner" and I'm from Minnesota tag, when you leave a state(as we did our last trip) and it is below zero I am wearing shorts and a T shirt all the time. Obviosuly if it rains have to wear a light jacket, but other than that its all summer clothes for us. Its the same when we go to Las Vegas in the winter, people are shaking their heads wondering what is wrong with us as we stroll along in out attire. And we always get the your not from around here are you, line.

Side note, it was about 33 degrees yesterday, I wasnt the only one in my neighborhood out in jeans and a T-shirt clearing the melting snow from our driveways. So its all relative to wear you come from and what your acclimated to.

We bring everything we own. 2 each of shorts, long pants, t-shirts, long sleeve, sweatshirts, and a fleece jacket, gloves and hat. That way I'm covered no matter what. With DVC and the ability to do laundry for free, I don't care if I have to do a small load of wash every other day. Last trip I even brought a few of those little hand warmers. We were waiting for fantasmic, my DH had a short sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt on and he was freezing. I activated the handwarmers for him and threw my sweatshirt over him. But I think sitting for a while let the cold settle in, plus for him sitting in a wheelchair makes a difference too. If we had been walking, I doubt we would have needed the hand warmers.

Shorts, short sleeve shirt, and tennis shoes. If it gets "cold" there the one day, buy a nice Disney sweatshirt.

I'm from NJ. I always wear shorts and tshirts. I always tell my wife if it gets that cold, I'll buy a sweatshirt. Sadly, I don't own a WDW sweatshirt yet.

Layers. Last month we packed pants because highs were forecast in the 60's, but only packed tee shirts. We needed a hoodie or cardigan at night. Had to improvise on 12/30 by layering a bit more and wearing knit hats as it dropped into the 40's, but that was the exception. People were walking around MK wrapped in blankets and towels from the gift shops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter