• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Non disney hotels getting FP+

If S&D guest books a FP+ day-of at a park kiosk....how will CM know to let the person into FP line since there is no MB to read? Get what I mean? There will need to be something to present to the CM showing FP+ time, right? Wonder what this will be? Paper FP+?
Good question. I have no idea I would assume it would be some sort of paper or something or maybe they put it on some sort of card that they get for the length of stay. We will have to wait and see.

If S&D guest books a FP+ day-of at a park kiosk....how will CM know to let the person into FP line since there is no MB to read? Get what I mean? There will need to be something to present to the CM showing FP+ time, right? Wonder what this will be? Paper FP+?

Good question. I have no idea I would assume it would be some sort of paper or something or maybe they put it on some sort of card that they get for the length of stay. We will have to wait and see.
The tickets should be on RFID media. So long as that ticket is connected to the MDX account, it should work. You do not need a physical MagicBand to utilize the FP+ system, as the readers simply read the unique id off of the RFID chip. This unique id is the key to the MDX account where everything is stored. (I made sure to attempt using FP+ with my KTTW card and ticket media rather than MB just last week, and it worked fine.)

The tickets should be on RFID media. So long as that ticket is connected to the MDX account, it should work. You do not need a physical MagicBand to utilize the FP+ system, as the readers simply read the unique id off of the RFID chip. This unique id is the key to the MDX account where everything is stored. (I made sure to attempt using FP+ with my KTTW card and ticket media rather than MB just last week, and it worked fine.)

I see. Thanks.

Cafeen - are you saying you were able to use your RFID 'ticket' to tap into the FP+ entrance line? I am curious about this because I have MBs but want to use our actual RfiD park tickets to enter the park and not the MBs. I have multiple tickets on there for 2 of us and do NOT trust that the system will use the correct one on our first days (the tickets with the least amount of days). IT told me I have to go to GR before I enter the park and have them 'prioritize' the tickets for me before I enter. I was thinking in order to avoid that (hopefully unecessary) step, we would just use the actual park tickets we want to use to enter - but I want to make sure the FP+ in MDEx would be activated if I did this. In theory I know this should work, right? Which media did you enter the park with?

Let's not take the gas pipe yet, folks. Considering that there are far fewer kiosks than fast pass stations, and that FP+ takes much longer than FP- selections, I think it is very unlikely that Disney expects all of site visitors (the majority) to make day of FP+ selections at a kiosk. Also, that patrons at the Swolphin were singled out suggests this is a testing thing using limited capacity.

No, the biggest problem with any new technology is the fact that people just don't know how the heck to use it! My god, let's face it, If DIS'ers are having so much problems, what's going on with the rest of the population. Try to teach my Dad how to use his new Harmony remote, I dare ya!

I think that there will be a number of people that will come to the parks, never used FP+, heck, never heard of FP, and will need help. The reasons the Kiosks are empty is because there is still FP-, wait until that goes away..
I think this is just a capacity test, which I think will fail miserably, even with the 3-5 thousand Swolphin users...

They would have to have an RFID enabled ticket of some sort I imagine. They would then touch that ticket to the Mickey sensor at the attraction.

FP+ does not require a MagicBand. It requires some sort of RFID media. The guest's tickets will be RFID themselves (or converted to them if they still have "paper" tickets), and those will be used - or they will give them the equivalent of KTTW cards, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Multiple RFID media can be linked to the same MDX account, and can be used interchangeably.

Cafeen - are you saying you were able to use your RFID 'ticket' to tap into the FP+ entrance line? I am curious about this because I have MBs but want to use our actual RfiD park tickets to enter the park and not the MBs. I have multiple tickets on there for 2 of us and do NOT trust that the system will use the correct one on our first days (the tickets with the least amount of days). IT told me I have to go to GR before I enter the park and have them 'prioritize' the tickets for me before I enter. I was thinking in order to avoid that (hopefully unecessary) step, we would just use the actual park tickets we want to use to enter - but I want to make sure the FP+ in MDEx would be activated if I did this. In theory I know this should work, right? Which media did you enter the park with?
Yep. I tapped both my ticket and my KTTW card at different times to enter the FP+ line. I did the same thing to enter the parks as well.

I did have a lot of ticketing issues* this year (not tied to MBs, directly.) During these issues, my KTTW card did not let me enter the park (but still cleared me for FP+), my MB worked fine, and the separate ticket I got later in the week also worked fine.

However, in your case, I'd still aim to verify at Guest Relations before I entered the park. Just get there early, they're busy in the morning and they are incredibly slow even for simple issues.

*The ticketing issues originated from the MK Guest Relations improperly pulling my early ticket pickup, and then Epcot Guest Relations failing when they upgraded it, and then failing again when I went to question them about it a couple days later (had 2 KTTWs for the same portion at this point, 1 was ticket, 1 was room key, neither worked). Finally, I got fed up on my 8th day and went to AK Guest Relations, she said there was no valid ticket since I only had a 2 day. Eventually she found the upgrade, gave me a new separate ticket, and things worked out from there. None of this is really pertinent to the MBs, other than the fact that it was correctly pulling that upgraded ticket that didn't get applied to the KTTW card.

On the daily email sent out from the DIS they had said in there it's now up to the president of WDW to make the decision of a full roll out and it could be very very soon. I'm kind of surprised they would do it right now when they haven't worked in AP holders and off site guests besides the Swan and Dolphin. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

On the daily email sent out from the DIS they had said in there it's now up to the president of WDW to make the decision of a full roll out and it could be very very soon. I'm kind of surprised they would do it right now when they haven't worked in AP holders and off site guests besides the Swan and Dolphin. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I'm surprised that they would do it too soon considering all of the problems people are still having but I guess that they might think that they should just go ahead and make the plunge. I keep on hearing that this January is likely but who knows?

ArwenMarie said:
My prediction...people with tickets staying offsite will be able to get access to FP+. But this is what it is going to look like.

If this is what it looks like for shades, I will be letting Disney know I am unhappy with it. When it comes to in-park perks, shades guests have always been treated as onsite guests (emh access). That should not change, IMO.

If this is what it looks like for shades, I will be letting Disney know I am unhappy with it. When it comes to in-park perks, shades guests have always been treated as onsite guests (emh access). That should not change, IMO.
So have the Swan and Dolphin and look at how they will apparently be testing. It does seem like the Shades of Green (and Hilton) are being brushed aside for now which seems puzzling.

EMH yes, but ADR +10 benefit, no. Same for Swan/Dolphin. So it depends on which side of the fence Disney wants them on.

But anyways, I think this is just a preliminary thing, and not the final version. They just don't have a way to offer advanced FP+ reservations to S/D guests since they don't have access to reservation information, etc. and they don't want to expand it to everyone just yet.

doconeill said:
EMH yes, but ADR +10 benefit, no. Same for Swan/Dolphin. So it depends on which side of the fence Disney wants them on.

But anyways, I think this is just a preliminary thing, and not the final version. They just don't have a way to offer advanced FP+ reservations to S/D guests since they don't have access to reservation information, etc. and they don't want to expand it to everyone just yet.

I wasn't considering adrs an in park benefit because not all restaurants are in the park. I was referring to benefits that are related to having to have admission to the park, like emh. Dining is something different, IMO.

I wasn't considering adrs an in park benefit because not all restaurants are in the park. I was referring to benefits that are related to having to have admission to the park, like emh. Dining is something different, IMO.

True, but advanced FP+ reservations can be considered to be more like ADRs than admissions.

At any rate, Disney has already stated that FP+, and being able to reserve in advance, is a function of park admission and NOT where you stay. Like I've said, this "enabling" of guests at the S/D is part of some limited test, possible of a specific function in dealing with "offsite" guests, and not necessarily indicative of how it will work in the future.

doconeill said:
At any rate, Disney has already stated that FP+, and being able to reserve in advance, is a function of park admission and NOT where you stay. Like I've said, this "enabling" of guests at the S/D is part of some limited test, possible of a specific function in dealing with "offsite" guests, and not necessarily indicative of how it will work in the future.

Which is why I said if this how it turns out. I will wait and see how the test goes, but will not hesitate to give Disney feedback on this if I need to.

But anyways, I think this is just a preliminary thing, and not the final version. They just don't have a way to offer advanced FP+ reservations to S/D guests since they don't have access to reservation information, etc. and they don't want to expand it to everyone just yet.[/QUOTE]

Why do you need access to reservation info? You set up MDE account, link your ticket and make fp+ reservations based on the number of days on your ticket. There should be no reason for resort reservation info.

Why do you need access to reservation info? You set up MDE account, link your ticket and make fp+ reservations based on the number of days on your ticket. There should be no reason for resort reservation info.

How would they limit FP+ advanced reservations to S/D guests, if they don't know they are S/D guests? That's why they need the reservation info. Just like they need to know your Disney resort reservation number to make sure you are a Disney resort guest in order to allow you to do it right now. In theory, they don't need to do that either - but RIGHT NOW, because they ARE restricting it to resort guests, they need the reservation info.

But isnt the idea that once it rolls out to offsite, or all ticket holders really, you would be able to book for 60 days out from today, and carry a total of prebookings based on your ticket days? (If indeed prebooking ends up not being tied to resort stays.)

If thats the case then what is the point of this SD test? Makes no sense to me unless prebooking is going to be tied to resort stays.

If it's based on park admission and not resort stay, then annual passholders should have been the next group they brought on board for testing. We'll be there in just over a month and just because we chose to stay at Bonnet Creek won't have access to FP+, despite being annual passholders. I know Wyndham Bonnet Creek is not a Disney owned resort, but neither are Swan/Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter