No way for the 2008 DP!

Can you image being a server when the switch happens. " Good evening, Your on the DDP I sorry to tell it no longer includes appy or tip? " Since many boards have not posted this info, ie All Ears, there are going to be many guest thinking the bought the 2007 DDP.

Can you image being a server when the switch happens. " Good evening, Your on the DDP I sorry to tell it no longer includes appy or tip? " Since many boards have not posted this info, ie All Ears, there are going to be many guest thinking the bought the 2007 DDP.

This doesn't sound like DDP guests (and their servers) will be having a Magical Day, does it?

When I booked online, I had absolutely no indication the plan had changed. When I changed the reservation by phone, they told me about the tip, but not the appetizer. I am a rather savy person, so even I would have walked into this not knowing. I can tell you I would have been extremely upset with Disney had I got there next Jan and found out about this when I got the bill for my first meal.

Oh yes, there are going to be a lot of confrontations in January! I'm going to have my video camera ready at all the restaurants ready for those Youtube moments.:rotfl2:

When I booked online, I had absolutely no indication the plan had changed. When I changed the reservation by phone, they told me about the tip, but not the appetizer. I am a rather savy person, so even I would have walked into this not knowing. I can tell you I would have been extremely upset with Disney had I got there next Jan and found out about this when I got the bill for my first meal.

Oh yes, there are going to be a lot of confrontations in January! I'm going to have my video camera ready at all the restaurants ready for those Youtube moments.:rotfl2:

I'm thinking the reactions will be similar to what happens in many Florida restaurants when guests find out they're 10 minutes late for the early bird..........:rotfl:

We can't wait to try the deluxe DP - we love DP and the changes are just a minor detail to us. I have al our ADRs for April, and I am so excited, so for you guys who are not doing DDP in 2008, that is just more room in the restaurants for those of us who are.

I'm thinking the reactions will be similar to what happens in many Florida restaurants when guests find out they're 10 minutes late for the early bird..........:rotfl:

Here's an idea, we can start a thread in January with links to videos of all the ranting, swearing, over-tired moms and dads screaming at wait staff while wearing their cute little mouse ears.:lmao:

We can't wait to try the deluxe DP - we love DP and the changes are just a minor detail to us. I have al our ADRs for April, and I am so excited, so for you guys who are not doing DDP in 2008, that is just more room in the restaurants for those of us who are.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but we'll still be there. Just eating a little cheaper than you.:rolleyes1

OT-but many times I've meant to tell you how sweet your DD is. What a lovely photo of a princess! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Three meals a day at Disney is a lot more food and MANY more calories than what most families eat at home. I can't think of where you'll find just a bowl of cereal on the dining plan, a snack that is as healthy as a granola bar, or a lunch that is similar to a lean pocket.

We eat three meals a day at home, did the regular dining plan in early October, and were disugsted with how much food we ate and we also wasted way too much for our tastes.

For us we're going to not do DDP at all and eat the way we want to eat. Graze throughtout the day and maybe we'll end up eating more than three meals a day, but smaller meals.

If you were disgusted with how much you ate and how much you wasted, why did you eat so much and waste so much? I think if so many complain about "too much food" eventually all the rest of us who like DDP will have to suffer through changes we don't like. Dining is a big part of our vacation, so if you and others don't like DDP maybe you should just not buy it, but please don't try to spoil our fun by complaining to Disney about "too much food"!!!

If you were disgusted with how much you ate and how much you wasted, why did you eat so much and waste so much? I think if so many complain about "too much food" eventually all the rest of us who like DDP will have to suffer through changes we don't like. Dining is a big part of our vacation, so if you and others don't like DDP maybe you should just not buy it, but please don't try to spoil our fun by complaining to Disney about "too much food"!!!

We didn't complain to Disney about anything, but chose to not do the DDP in 2008 when we go. Don't blame me for ruining your fun!

We ate so much because the portions were big. For us it's hard to not clean your plate, but we got used to not cleaning our plate at Disney. (we were there 14 days) When we didn't clean our plate, we wasted food, because we'd eat half our entree, and a few bites of our desserts. We were simply too full to eat anymore.

At the end of our stay we still had unused credits. For us the plan paid for itself, but barely. You aren't supposed to share on the DDP, so we didn't see sharing as an option.

It was something that we tried and it didn't work for us. You are also taking my comments out of context. I was replying to someone who was implying that those that think the DDP is too much food aren't feeding themselves or their families 3 meals a day. Personally, for us, we don't eat Disney size meals at home. Some may, but we don't. For us meals on the DDP are a lot of calories, and a lot more food than we're used to eating.

I rather resent you insinuating that I complained and somehow ruined the plan for you.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but we'll still be there. Just eating a little cheaper than you.:rolleyes1

Not really cheaper, and no I am not disappointed, but we will be having so much fun dining at 2credit meals and all the character meals we want, plus Hoop de doo, spirit of Aloha, etc, etc, plus 2 snacks, plus our refillable mugs....Deluxe dining may not save us money, and you may pay less for your meals, but I would guess we will probably visit more signature restaurants, and we plan to have so much fun. Enjoy your cheaper meals, I will enjoy all of my deluxe meals!!!! To each his/her own, and I wish you a very magical time at WDW. :banana: I will not post sarcastic icons, because I want you to be happy too. :) Please don't begrudge those of us who enjoy the dining plan our part of the magic and fun. We're all in this together!!!:cheer2: :grouphug:

Not really cheaper, and no I am not disappointed, but we will be having so much fun dining at 2credit meals and all the character meals we want, plus Hoop de doo, spirit of Aloha, etc, etc, plus 2 snacks, plus our refillable mugs....Deluxe dining may not save us money, and you may pay less for your meals, but I would guess we will probably visit more signature restaurants, and we plan to have so much fun. Enjoy your cheaper meals, I will enjoy all of my deluxe meals!!!! To each his/her own, and I wish you a very magical time at WDW. :banana: I will not post sarcastic icons, because I want you to be happy too. :) Please don't begrudge those of us who enjoy the dining plan our part of the magic and fun. We're all in this together!!!:cheer2: :grouphug:

Bon appetite'popcorn:: :drinking: :cake: :drinking1

There was a server who posted the details about the new DDP well before Disney did. Many on this board accused him of starting trouble ,etc.. He did say that IF guest complained too much that Disney would put the tip back in. I can't help but feel that Disney is looking at this and will gauge their response on the amount of guest complaints and of course youtube videos.

There was a server who posted the details about the new DDP well before Disney did. Many on this board accused him of starting trouble ,etc.. He did say that IF guest complained too much that Disney would put the tip back in. I can't help but feel that Disney is looking at this and will gauge their response on the amount of guest complaints and of course youtube videos.
If they put the tip back in, it would probably tip the balance back in favor of us using the plan. I don't really care about the appetizer, because we can't eat that much anyway. Not likely to see any changes like that before we go in January though. I suspect that they will make allowances in the plan also. Maybe they will let someone have an appetizer instead of desert. A lot of that is the discretion of the restaurant.

The tip was bound to cause trouble, whether it was actually "leaked" or not. Most consider DDP as something of a voucher-meals paid for in advance for convenience. Getting a bill for the tip at the end of every free meal isn't going to leave anyone with warm fuzzies.

There will be plenty of stiffed servers, miffed guests, in the end it's a lose/lose proposal for Disney and it's guests.

The tip was bound to cause trouble, whether it was actually "leaked" or not. Most consider DDP as something of a voucher-meals paid for in advance for convenience. Getting a bill for the tip at the end of every free meal isn't going to leave anyone with warm fuzzies.

There will be plenty of stiffed servers, miffed guests, in the end it's a lose/lose proposal for Disney and it's guests.

Actually it's a lose/lose for the guests and wait staff. Disney comes out ahead by 18% + appetizer. The DP change isn't likely to alter many peoples decision to go to Disney.

Actually it's a lose/lose for the guests and wait staff. Disney comes out ahead by 18% + appetizer. The DP change isn't likely to alter many peoples decision to go to Disney.

Good point. Maybe it's a 1 year rake in the profits. Then, after their 2008 experience, DDP guests will have a different view of their Disney vacation and Disney will have to work hard again to get them to come back. I really don't think appies vs dessies is the problem, although in a perfect world they would give a choice of 1. The real problem is the tip bill that will show up after every meal. It's uncomfortable for the server, and annoying to the "free meal" guest. Repeat this at every table service and mealtime at Disney will always end on a rather negative note. Any server will tell you that if a guest is annoyed at the end of a meal, the tip is much more likely to be paltry or nonexistent.

Good point. Maybe it's a 1 year rake in the profits. Then, after their 2008 experience, DDP guests will have a different view of their Disney vacation and Disney will have to work hard again to get them to come back. I really don't think appies vs dessies is the problem, although in a perfect world they would give a choice of 1. The real problem is the tip bill that will show up after every meal. It's uncomfortable for the server, and annoying to the "free meal" guest. Repeat this at every table service and mealtime at Disney will always end on a rather negative note. Any server will tell you that if a guest is annoyed at the end of a meal, the tip is much more likely to be paltry or nonexistent.

And the tip "bill" at the end of the meal is one more reason not to do the DP, even if it's the same cost as OOP. When I'm on vacation, I don't want to worry about anything, including tipping. I found it very refreshing to go to a restaurant and not have to pull out the calculator and figure the tip out, and then try to make an objective decision of whether it should be a 10, 15, 18 or 20% tip.

the changes in the plan were a deciding factor on whether to stay on site or off site. We have since decided to stay off site and therefore are saving a considerable amount of money, OK we won't get to eat at all the places we thought we would go to but with two small children, two grandparents and my husband and I we can pick out some of the best reviewed with options we like the look of and enjoy laid back breakfasts and the occassional lunch back at Windsor Hills.

Cheers Kirsten

I for one am looking forward to LESS people being on the dining plan and once again being able to walk-in to a restaurant on occasion and get a seat.:rolleyes1

We will use the dining plan for the first time in May of 08' and I have no problem with the cost or paying the tip. It's still a good deal for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter