• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No More A La Carte @ Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch

I remember pre-lockdown, Aker. was an all-you-can-eat, but that since you selected from a menu (at least for lunch and dinner) most people didn't know that you can order more and the restaurant didn't tell people. I wonder if the same is going on?

Pre COVID, you could order more at LTT. We did. Not the entire platter, just whatever they wanted more of.

From the menu on Disney's site:
All-You-Care-to-Enjoy Bill of Fare

So...this means go ahead and eat what you want from what we bring you the first time? I think most reasonable people would conclude that this means you can ask for refills. Part of the reason I chose this place for two meals during our stay is because my teenagers can pack away a lot of food -- we can't go to Be Our Guest for example, because they come out of there hungry.

That's from LTT which is AYCTE. The quoted post was about Sebastian's Bistro.

Correct (if you read the whole message, it is specific to Sebastian's). While LTT's menu says it is AYCTE, Sebastian's menu does not: it just says "Taste of the Caribbean Menu"

We cancelled our LTT lunch too. They are whittling away at so many menus that everyone loved. :sad2:
This…..I just booked our suite for our trip next year. We were going to come back to the resorts for 2022 and do Poly, but with all that I’m seeing with the restaurant cut backs, I don’t have that warm Disney feeling I had before. I ended up booking a suite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek because with all that’s changed I’m not willing to spend a metric crap ton of money on an overpriced Disney Resort when I see them doing this crap with the restaurants. Instead we’re now staying off property, cutting back the number of our Disney days for vacation and going to Universal and Sea World for four of those days. Not to mention we’ll end up eating all our breakfasts at our suite and probably almost all of our sit down meals off property or at the suite. I don’t imagine we’ll do much more than snacking in the Disney Parks to hold us over between breakfast and dinner. We can’t eat enough at an AYCTE meal in the middle of a 90 degree Orlando humid summer to make it worth the cost for a family of five, three of which are < 110 lb females who eat next to nothing. I just have a bad feeling about this path Disney is going down but I hope I’m wrong.

This…..I just booked our suite for our trip next year. We were going to come back to the resorts for 2022 and do Poly, but with all that I’m seeing with the restaurant cut backs, I don’t have that warm Disney feeling I had before. I ended up booking a suite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek because with all that’s changed I’m not willing to spend a metric crap ton of money on an overpriced Disney Resort when I see them doing this crap with the restaurants. Instead we’re now staying off property, cutting back the number of our Disney days for vacation and going to Universal and Sea World for four of those days. Not to mention we’ll end up eating all our breakfasts at our suite and probably almost all of our sit down meals off property or at the suite. I don’t imagine we’ll do much more than snacking in the Disney Parks to hold us over between breakfast and dinner. We can’t eat enough at an AYCTE meal in the middle of a 90 degree Orlando humid summer to make it worth the cost for a family of five, three of which are < 110 lb females who eat next to nothing. I just have a bad feeling about this path Disney is going down but I hope I’m wrong.

I feel the same. We are going this July, but we also decided not to put out the money for a Disney resort this year. We are staying on property, but at Shades of Green Resort. I was so unhappy with the menu changes, the majority of our ADRs are now at Disney Springs, and then there are the transportation issues. With the resort monorail still down at the Poly, along with the EPCOT monorail, I think we may be driving to the parks. We had to cancel our 2020 trip, so the family is very excited for this vacation. I have done my best to prepare them for the changes, so they do understand that this will not be our usual Disney experience. Compared to a year of going nowhere, it's something to celebrate even if it isn't perfect. :)

Correct (if you read the whole message, it is specific to Sebastian's). While LTT's menu says it is AYCTE, Sebastian's menu does not: it just says "Taste of the Caribbean Menu"

Sorry, I can’t find the original question, but if anyone was asking about Sebastians Bistro, it is AYCTE. I just watched 2 different vloggers dinner reviews and they could get more of everything except the add on shrimp.

Thank you for correcting me. I’m glad it was a mistake on my part, and I don’t wAnt to spread bad information.

Liberty Tree is usually our first day lunch stop. If there is no pot roast I won't be back. (edit: I should say stand alone pot roast)

Between this and BoG lunch changes, I'm not sure where I'm going to eat lunch at MK.

Liberty Tree is usually our first day lunch stop. If there is no pot roast I won't be back. (edit: I should say stand alone pot roast)

Between this and BoG lunch changes, I'm not sure where I'm going to eat lunch at MK.
We have been going to Gasprilla Grill at the Grand Flo for lunch now.

So sad. We always do LTT for lunch when we go to MK and now we can't. There is nothing for my kids to eat now. We've lost most of our go to places due to food allergies and limited menus. I choose my restaurants based on variety and food quality and the new menus with limited to no choices are awful.

I used to be really grumpy about the LTT menu, and other limited menus. After more thought, I'm OK with it. Not that I plan on visiting LTT or any of the other places that don't have what I want to eat. But, think of all the money we'll save! When the croissant ham and cheese in the backpack that we made at the hotel is more appealing than TS Meals? The wallet says woohoooo. You don't feel deprived when you know you could have anything else available, but what you are eating is your preference. We'll probably do a lot of grazing too.

I used to be really grumpy about the LTT menu, and other limited menus. After more thought, I'm OK with it. Not that I plan on visiting LTT or any of the other places that don't have what I want to eat. But, think of all the money we'll save! When the croissant ham and cheese in the backpack that we made at the hotel is more appealing than TS Meals? The wallet says woohoooo. You don't feel deprived when you know you could have anything else available, but what you are eating is your preference. We'll probably do a lot of grazing too.

I know! I’ve been six times since the reopening and avoided indoor dining for five of those trips. I hauled a cooler full of salad and sandwich stuff down and couldn’t believe how much less expensive it was! I also spent a whole lot less on snacking and drinks when I couldn’t stroll around with a beer or ice cream in hand.

I know! I’ve been six times since the reopening and avoided indoor dining for five of those trips. I hauled a cooler full of salad and sandwich stuff down and couldn’t believe how much less expensive it was! I also spent a whole lot less on snacking and drinks when I couldn’t stroll around with a beer or ice cream in hand.

Walking and eating is a favorite activity of ours. We love getting two things done at once. That was one of things I missed that I wouldn't have thought of. We have/had a USF pass. We got in two trips and a total of three weeks in during the lockdown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter