No fireworks on Westbound Transatlantic

Just got the email. No fireworks on our 10 day cruise to Iceland either.

We are doing back to back cruises and no fireworks for the British Isles cruise just before the WBTA either. It does seem all a bit fishy!
These two cruises have never had fireworks though. So I’m not surprised they aren’t doing the 25th fireworks since they don’t do pirate night or fireworks.

These two cruises have never had fireworks though. So I’m not surprised they aren’t doing the 25th fireworks since they don’t do pirate night or fireworks.
Fair enough. Still, it seems like more cruises don't have the special fireworks than do.

My sister just got off the phone with DCL and they said no fireworks that they can see of scheduled on the Dream's Transatlantic cruise from Southampton to New York at the end of September. There will be a pirate night still, just no fireworks.

So my theory was that the TA might be doing Pirate night fireworks instead of the 25th one maybe
They have plenty of nights to do both. But, some of the emails sent out for other itineraries mention that they're doing the pirate fireworks instead of the 25th anniversary show. The WBTA email just says no fireworks.

I'm also a bit disappointed to see that Disney isn't trying to do anything extra to make up for the lack of 25th anniversary fireworks on the Alaska cruises. They're using the Frozen show as a substitute, but that's always been there as a substitute for Pirate Night. So, despite the high prices that Disney charges for the Alaska cruises, they couldn't be bothered with an extra show or something. Disappointing.

Yup - we're on that cruise too; we had them from the Magic in the Med in 2014; don't remember if we had them in the Baltic in 2017
You def wouldn't have had them on the Baltic. They wont allow them in that area at all so its always been a bone of contention that those cruises have the Frozen night instead of pirate night. Med cruises were allowed them near some ports and not others.

Isn't the Dream only able to shoot fireworks off one side of the ship, whereas the Magic is able to shoot off either side? Maybe that's the reason for the transatlantic?

Isn't the Dream only able to shoot fireworks off one side of the ship, whereas the Magic is able to shoot off either side? Maybe that's the reason for the transatlantic?

They are doing them on some routes though which I think is why its strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter