No fireworks on Westbound Transatlantic

insureman

DIS Veteran
Just got this email from DCL. We had fireworks on the WBTA last September not sure why this has changed for 2023.

05/24/2023

Reservation #: xxx x x x xx

Dear xxx

We are so excited that you will be sailing with us during our Silver Anniversary at Sea. To commemorate our anniversary, we invite you partake in new offerings this summer. You will be able to meet favorite Disney Characters dressed in new, shimmering outfits created just for the anniversary. Plus, you can enjoy festive décor, limited-time food and beverage and special photo opportunities. And don’t forget to join some of your favorite Disney friends and the ship’s Captain and Cruise Director for a special anniversary toast. Due to the speed and location of the ship, fireworks are not offered on select European cruises including this sailing. Please be sure to check the Disney Cruise Line Navigator mobile app once onboard for all shows, activities, and times. Sincerely, The Cast and CrewDisney Cruise Line

The email says it is due to the speed and location of the ship.
That's the same vague excuse that they gave for some other sailings, too. But, I would imagine that the speed and location of the ship this year is just about the same as last year. And, it sounds like they're canceling the pirate fireworks, too.

That's the same vague excuse that they gave for some other sailings, too. But, I would imagine that the speed and location of the ship this year is just about the same as last year. And, it sounds like they're canceling the pirate fireworks, too.
I wonder if it makes a difference that it's the Dream instead of the Magic.

Right. But we were on basically the same cruise last September so that's really not a valid excuse for the transatlantic.
Unless there was some issue last September.

I wonder if it makes a difference that it's the Dream instead of the Magic.
I'm doing the 4 night Southampton to France on the Dream, and have been told we're getting the Silver Anniversary fireworks for one night, but "due to the speed and location of the ship on the other evenings, we are unable to present a second set of fireworks"

Maybe, but why? I think they're following the same path as last year.
Actually last year they had to slow down and deviate from the course to get closer to the Azores for a helo medivac.20220924_042225.jpg

Last edited:
No fireworks too for our two Greek Isle cruises in the Med.

Starting to believe they lost a container somewhere with the fireworks and more of the Silver Anniversary at Sea merchandise. 😂
That's a surprise. I knew we wouldn't have them on our Norwegian Fjords cruise but thought the Med cruises would have them.

It sure seems like they're trying to get out of as many fireworks shows as they can. The Wonder doesn't have any (because they can't do them in Alaska), most of the Dream cruises don't have them, and the Wish 3-night cruises don't have them.

Wish 3-night cruises don't have them.
The Wish is still doing the regular pirate night fireworks, or if they are not this is recent change. They're just not offering the second night of 25th anniversary fireworks on three night cruises.

It sure seems like they're trying to get out of as many fireworks shows as they can. The Wonder doesn't have any (because they can't do them in Alaska), most of the Dream cruises don't have them, and the Wish 3-night cruises don't have them.
I agree.

We are doing back to back cruises and no fireworks for the British Isles cruise just before the WBTA either. It does seem all a bit fishy!

We had them for two nights on the EBTA on the Dream that we just got back from. Once for Pirate Night and once for the Silver Anniversary (although the Silver Anniversary fireworks were cut short because some kids went into a restricted area and they shut the show down after about 2 minutes. They did not restart it and said they had to destroy the remainder).

I'm wondering if they just sent a generic message out to all Silver Anniversary Dream voyages because they've been advertising Fireworks as part of the celebration and just realized that (whoopsie) "We can't do that in Norway and Iceland and parts of the Med, we better get a message out to everyone not to expect them"

Last edited:
We had them for two nights on the EBTA on the Dream that we just got back from. Once for Pirate Night and once for the Silver Anniversary (although the Silver Anniversary fireworks were cut short because some kids went into a restricted area and they shut the show down after about 2 minutes. They did not restart it and said they had to destroy the remainder).

I'm wondering if they just sent a generic message out to all Silver Anniversary Dream voyages because they've been advertising Fireworks as part of the celebration and just realized that (whoopsie) "We can't do that in Norway and Iceland and parts of the Med, we better get a message out to everyone not to expect them"
No, they only sent the emails for specific cruises. More details here:

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...ea-guests-with-details-on-the-fireworks-show/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter