Next Promotion?

Yup, that's what I did. Full screenshots with the current promo and the old price with a today cash offer. Guide is sending it to their manager, and I'm crossing my fingers!
As an update/FYI, I did get the old pricing new promotion and bought my 240 points today! My Guide said that the screenshot with relevant info was key (and I imagine the day-of in writing offer is also necessary, or they can claim that the price has changed 'since then').

As an update/FYI, I did get the old pricing new promotion and bought my 240 points today! My Guide said that the screenshot with relevant info was key (and I imagine the day-of in writing offer is also necessary, or they can claim that the price has changed 'since then').
Congratulations!

this is awesome! congrats!

when i look at the add on tool it states Special Offer: Ask a Guide for Details on certain resorts
do you know that that is? I was looking at buying SSR direct for the minimum to get blue card status

If you are not a current member you will not see sold out resorts so you have to call to get the pricing.

i am a member but just wanted to know if anybody knew what the deal was before i called

Thanks though

I just got an email from Disney visa and it’s offering
$5250 + an extra $1000 for being a card holder when 250 points is purchased at AUL, RIV or CCV. Not sure if this is any different than the current promotion incentives

Zero percent interest on the purchase made on my card. My credit limit is not equal to the cost of 250 points. :-(

Zero percent interest on the purchase made on my card. My credit limit is not equal to the cost of 250 points. :-(

You could ask them to spread out the charges over 90 days. You would still have to pay down whatever amount puts you over your credit limit, but it could give you more time to do that.

If you have other Chase cards you call Chase and tell them to dump most of your credit in the Disney card and increase your credit limit that way (at the expensive of the other cards). This is reversible after you're done using it. If you have a spouse who also has the card, they can do the same and you can put the purchase on both cards. You can combine these strategies with the 90 day strategy above.

Likewise, seeing AUL at $201 but RIV at $195.

However the new incentives for RIV are only marginally better till 4/7, and then they get worse:

RIV Incentives that just ended on 2/5:
Existing Member Add-On
100-124 points: $3 off per point
125-149 points: $7
150-199 points: $15
200-299 points: $20
300-499 points: $25
RIV Incentives 2/6 to 4/7:
Existing Member Add-On
100-124 points: $4 off per point
125-149 points: $8
150-199 points: $19
200-299 points: $26
300-499 points: $30
RIV Incentives 4/8 tp 5/12:
Existing Member Add-On
100-124 points: $2 off per point
125-149 points: $4
150-199 points: $11
200-299 points: $16
300-499 points: $20

And the incentives for CCV and AUL are WORSE (except 200-299 points, which is $1 better):

AUL & CCV incentives that just ended:
Existing Member Add-On
100-124 points: $10 off per point
125-149 points: $15
150-199 points: $20
200-299 points: $25
300-499 points: $35
AUL & CCV incentives 2/6 to 4/7:
Existing Member Add-On
100-124 points: $4 off per point
125-149 points: $8
150-199 points: $19
200-299 points: $26
300-499 points: $30

HOWEVER, RIV, AUL, and CCV have the same incentives 2/6 to 4/7, so it looks like you might be able to combine purchases at both again to reach the next level of incentives (which is what we did during the awesome summer 2020 incentives).
Just need to check I’ve read this right: if I bought into Riv direct now regardless of price, incentive etc, are we saying that I could then add 300-499 points at $30 discount per point if I do so between 6th Feb and 7th April? I assume the $30 is a discount on the new $201/point and therefore it’s $171/point?
If so, for anyone that has missed the $30/point incentive on the $195/point price this is a good deal.

CONGRATULATIONS!! 🥳🥳
That’s great that you locked the old price in too.

Last edited:
Taking this card out gives you $5,250 off a 250point Riv contract?! Can I get one of these if I’m based in the UK? And what if you bought 500points split into two 250point contracts - Could you then get $10,500 discount?

Sadly we can't get the Disney Chase Visa's in the UK. I think unless you live at one of the US air force bases.

Sadly we can't get the Disney Chase Visa's in the UK. I think unless you live at one of the US air force bases.
Are there any offers I’m missing or not considering that can give additional discount on the DVC Direct incentives that you’re aware of?

Taking this card out gives you $5,250 off a 250point Riv contract?! Can I get one of these if I’m based in the UK? And what if you bought 500points split into two 250point contracts - Could you then get $10,500 discount?
The 500 point discount isn’t listed, but I’d ask your guide - If it’s less, then buy one 250 point one and one the other so you get the $10,500 discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter