Next Promotion?

ChiTown79

Earning My Ears
Current promo ends today. Any ideas what the next one might be? I’m strongly considering purchasing direct from Disney. Thanks for any insights!

If you’re considering buying direct, I’d start the process now. This locks current pricing and promotion, but gives you 10 days to cancel. If the new incentives end up being better, you can cancel the first and switch to the new incentives. If the current incentives are better, then you haven’t missed out.

I agree lock in today with the ability to cancel if something better is announced. Sometimes the guides will know or have an idea of what the next promotion will be.

I want to add that sometimes the promotion will be a little better for the next level of points which could change things,

I was originally going to buy 150 at RIV and new incentives were due out. When they came out, they were not better for 150, but were if I went to 175, so I changed it!

100% lock in the contract today

I have outright cancelled a purchase before. It was painless as you basically send an email, they give you a call to verify, and then your guide will likely give you a call as well.

Also, don't forget direct pricing is increasing as well tomorrow! Will be interesting to see where the price per point is sitting with new promotions + the price increase.

Looks like Copper Creek (where I was looking to purchase) incentives stayed the same and no price increase per point. So...onward!

It looks like only Aulani went up to $201/pp today and Riviera didn't. At least that's what it is showing when I just logged in and looked at the member add-on request tool.....

It looks like only Aulani went up to $201/pp today and Riviera didn't. At least that's what it is showing when I just logged in and looked at the member add-on request tool.....
Yep, thanks. Was hoping for a better incentive for CC to sweeten the deal. Still moving forward with the contract tho!

Likewise, seeing AUL at $201 but RIV at $195.

However the new incentives for RIV are only marginally better till 4/7, and then they get worse:

RIV Incentives that just ended on 2/5:
Existing Member Add-On
100-124 points: $3 off per point
125-149 points: $7
150-199 points: $15
200-299 points: $20
300-499 points: $25
RIV Incentives 2/6 to 4/7:
Existing Member Add-On
100-124 points: $4 off per point
125-149 points: $8
150-199 points: $19
200-299 points: $26
300-499 points: $30
RIV Incentives 4/8 tp 5/12:
Existing Member Add-On
100-124 points: $2 off per point
125-149 points: $4
150-199 points: $11
200-299 points: $16
300-499 points: $20

And the incentives for CCV and AUL are WORSE (except 200-299 points, which is $1 better):

AUL & CCV incentives that just ended:
Existing Member Add-On
100-124 points: $10 off per point
125-149 points: $15
150-199 points: $20
200-299 points: $25
300-499 points: $35
AUL & CCV incentives 2/6 to 4/7:
Existing Member Add-On
100-124 points: $4 off per point
125-149 points: $8
150-199 points: $19
200-299 points: $26
300-499 points: $30

HOWEVER, RIV, AUL, and CCV have the same incentives 2/6 to 4/7, so it looks like you might be able to combine purchases at both again to reach the next level of incentives (which is what we did during the awesome summer 2020 incentives).

Under "Cost of Membership" I see the increase. I've been keeping an eye on it because the debate for us right now is BLT resale or RIV direct. I'm going to assume the lower one is wrong for now, but curious if I jump on it if they have to honor it..

I wonder if maybe it didn't go up for add-ons but went up for new members? Cause that is the difference between those 2 areas of the site I believe. The add-on request tool is for existing member add-ons, while the cost of ownership section is for new owners. Could be totally wrong, but maybe they are running a better incentive for existing members to add on at Riviera to try and boost some sales there with the existing base.

Or it could be usual Disney IT just screwed up and didn't change it everywhere as well. I did however just screenshot it and plan to bring it up with my rep this week as we were talking of adding on a small Riv contract

Right - that was my thought as well. It'd be nice to get some verification! We don't want to jump in until we've stayed there, and we're checking in in exactly 1 week.

I wonder if maybe it didn't go up for add-ons but went up for new members? Cause that is the difference between those 2 areas of the site I believe. The add-on request tool is for existing member add-ons, while the cost of ownership section is for new owners. Could be totally wrong, but maybe they are running a better incentive for existing members to add on at Riviera to try and boost some sales there with the existing base.

Or it could be usual Disney IT just screwed up and didn't change it everywhere as well. I did however just screenshot it and plan to bring it up with my rep this week as we were talking of adding on a small Riv contract
My guess is Disney IT just hasn't fully updated everything yet. They decided to sleep in today...

Called and confirmed it went up. Curious if there's any false advertising issues though - considering everything else has obviously been updated.

Called and confirmed it went up. Curious if there's any false advertising issues though - considering everything else has obviously been updated.

Just outdated likely. If you screenshot and add the points via the online system maybe you get to keep that pricing though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter