News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all makes sense logically - whenever they open Rivers of Lights in the spring, they will also have to be ready with the other night offerings. (Not so much the restaurant, but all the other things listed.) The idea is of course to extend park hours, and a single offering (RoL) won't necessarily be enough for that.

I especially wonder how they will handle the crowds for RoL. Obviously it will be the big draw there until Pandora opens. Will they do two shows a night for a while? Probably not, since once we get into summer they won't be able to run the show until 9 PM. How do they accommodate the fact that everyone in the park will want to be seeing this show. Do they make it FP+ only??
I don't know if they make it FP+ only but I definitely think it isn't out of the question to have two showings like fantasmic.

I don't know if they make it FP+ only but I definitely think it isn't out of the question to have two showings like fantasmic.

Given their experience with making Fantasmic and WoC FP only at DL, I'd be more surprised if they didn't do that for this (sure to be) popular new show.

This all makes sense logically - whenever they open Rivers of Lights in the spring, they will also have to be ready with the other night offerings. (Not so much the restaurant, but all the other things listed.) The idea is of course to extend park hours, and a single offering (RoL) won't necessarily be enough for that.

I especially wonder how they will handle the crowds for RoL. Obviously it will be the big draw there until Pandora opens. Will they do two shows a night for a while? Probably not, since once we get into summer they won't be able to run the show until 9 PM. How do they accommodate the fact that everyone in the park will want to be seeing this show. Do they make it FP+ only??

I just hope they give us plenty of warning when these FPs start being available. Now that we are local and have APs the fast pass system really sucks for us. Getting any of the hot ticket items is next to impossible.

they did 2 fantasmic showings when i was there last week they were announcing to the standby line standing room only even though there was loads of room in the fastpass areas so i feel like thats basically making it fastpass only since the majority needed to have one to sit, hope this is relevent i only read this page of the thread

they did 2 fantasmic showings when i was there last week they were announcing to the standby line standing room only even though there was loads of room in the fastpass areas so i feel like thats basically making it fastpass only since the majority needed to have one to sit, hope this is relevent i only read this page of the thread
That always happens with fantasmic. They announce standing room only early then you walk in and there's tons of seats available.

Given their experience with making Fantasmic and WoC FP only at DL, I'd be more surprised if they didn't do that for this (sure to be) popular new show.

IF they do use a FP booking system - they should do the similar technique to what they do at DLR. You make FPs available on a first-come first-serve basis in the morning. NO pre-booking of FP for the show. There is no 100% "fair" way do it (you would still be "punished" if you come to the park late), but I think this is the most equitable way. Otherwise, the show will always book up at close to 60 days out.

I just hope they give us plenty of warning when these FPs start being available. Now that we are local and have APs the fast pass system really sucks for us. Getting any of the hot ticket items is next to impossible.

This is the one concern - DLR is run with a "what's best for the local" attitude, WDW is run with a "what's best for the tourist" attitude. I always thought they should save some amount of FP+ for "day of" selection, but I don't think Disney sees that as necessary. They want to drive the best experience for the traveling tourist, and the best experience is to allow them to book the best rides up front.

IF they do use a FP booking system - they should do the similar technique to what they do at DLR. You make FPs available on a first-come first-serve basis in the morning. NO pre-booking of FP for the show. There is no 100% "fair" way do it (you would still be "punished" if you come to the park late), but I think this is the most equitable way. Otherwise, the show will always book up at close to 60 days out.

I am hoping that there will also be dining packages available that include reserved seating. We did that for Fantasmic at Disneyland in August. That way we were able to insure good seats ahead of time without being at the park early to grab a FP. We did the package on our arrival day and didn't get into the park until afternoon. We had a great meal and great seating for the show.

Well that Star Wars wrap is incredibly unimpressive, hope that is not a foreshadow. I doubt it I'm in the group that think this new trilogy is going to be the best of the bunch.

That being said I am also of the opinon that episodes 1-3 are not as bad as everyone says they are. I think there is a lot of jumping on the bandwagon when it comes to complaining about the first trilogy. Are they as good as 4-6, no. However I think 3 is better than 6. Did Lucas go nuts with the cgi, yup absolutely and that made the preformances suffer.

But that is all history and opinon. I am really excited for the next trilogy and believe they are going to be the movies that steal the show for all of them.

This is the one concern - DLR is run with a "what's best for the local" attitude, WDW is run with a "what's best for the tourist" attitude. I always thought they should save some amount of FP+ for "day of" selection, but I don't think Disney sees that as necessary. They want to drive the best experience for the traveling tourist, and the best experience is to allow them to book the best rides up front.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I love WDW but I feel punished sometimes because I'm an AP, and therefore don't stay on property most of the time.

Or they start tiers at AK...

Well that Star Wars wrap is incredibly unimpressive, hope that is not a foreshadow. I doubt it I'm in the group that think this new trilogy is going to be the best of the bunch.

That being said I am also of the opinon that episodes 1-3 are not as bad as everyone says they are. I think there is a lot of jumping on the bandwagon when it comes to complaining about the first trilogy. Are they as good as 4-6, no. However I think 3 is better than 6. Did Lucas go nuts with the cgi, yup absolutely and that made the preformances suffer.

But that is all history and opinon. I am really excited for the next trilogy and believe they are going to be the movies that steal the show for all of them.

Not really the place for this debate (there are entire message boards for that) but I have seen episodes 1 and 2 multiple times in recent years as my daughter got into Star Wars, and with the vision only distance from the original release can give you - I can tell you in my opinion they are rightly considered terrible movies, and in fact I would say 2 is even more unwatchable than 1. (Something I wouldn't have said 10 years ago.) I can't give an opinion on 3 because my daughter hasn't wanted to see the third one. Some of the things that the "fans" slog on aren't as bad, but the major failings - poorly written story and dialog, and poor directed actors - make for a not great movie experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter