• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
"2. General description of improvement Wilderness Rehab -Installation of temporary trailer, utilities, decking/ramp"

I guess that could mean about anything. Anyone remember how they worded the Poly permits for comparison?

Just to be clear, this permit is just for setting up the contractor trailers for a project at WL. It has been rumored that they are going to do a DVC conversion on some of the rooms, so this would be a likely first step. I expect to see additional permits in the near future for the actual work.

I'm pretty sure this is the end of captain EO

If so, I hope the theater doesn't sit empty.

I actually enjoyed EO and my wife loves it. We recognize how bad it is, which is one of the reasons we like it.

I mean, come on, Michael trying to sound tough by yelling out "HOOTER!" but actually sounding like he's getting ready to cry. Who doesn't find that hilarious?

I'm pretty sure this is the end of captain EO
Hey, it's not fair to get our hopes up like that unless you're absolutely, positively sure.....! I remember thinking the same thing in the late 90's......;)

Hey, it's not fair to get our hopes up like that unless you're absolutely, positively sure.....! I remember thinking the same thing in the late 90's......;)
Well based on how Disneylands is playing out I don't think we will be getting it back soon. They said it would return but they just shove the next Disney movie in there for a preview.

Next preview... Inside Out then Ant Man... Although, I feel like the Ant Man preview would happen at DHS.

Question for followers of this thread. Would you like me to start a new thread where I have the first post be the table of contents and the rest is discussion for the things that had been posted. The general discussion would stay of course just an easy place for followers to find the news stories and the date.
Put me in the camp of "leave it as is." However, I do have one suggestion, or perhaps, more of a question. I see many comments/news updates that pertain only to parks outside of Disney, i.e., Universal, Sea World, etc. Since there are categories for these parks on this board, shouldn't these comments be posted in the appropriate area rather than the Disney Round Up section? I can see them as appropriate when used for comparison to Disney, but if the comment applies only to something specific about another park, I would think they should be moved to that topic area by the Moderators if not posted there.

Put me in the camp of "leave it as is." However, I do have one suggestion, or perhaps, more of a question. I see many comments/news updates that pertain only to parks outside of Disney, i.e., Universal, Sea World, etc. Since there are categories for these parks on this board, shouldn't these comments be posted in the appropriate area rather than the Disney Round Up section? I can see them as appropriate when used for comparison to Disney, but if the comment applies only to something specific about another park, I would think they should be moved to that topic area by the Moderators if not posted there.
I typically only post universal things because they are disney competition. I know this is a disney forum but I think other parks in Orlando do affect disney. The title of the thread is news round up not disney news round up. The majority of the news is Disney because that's where most of the news comes from. Based on what everyone has said I'm going to leave it as is.

Are these going to just be these tiny little sections? Or is it going to be something you can actually walk along? The High Line here in NYC is almost 1.5 miles long.

Originally the elevated design was to have seating and walking areas ... from what I've heard, they are now only to be decorative, with no public access up top

Originally the elevated design was to have seating and walking areas ... from what I've heard, they are now only to be decorative, with no public access up top
Apparently disney found that their would be too much liability with guests throwing stuff from them or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter