• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would trust things he says more than Jim Hill

Totally agree on that one...though I think Jim Hill has toned back what he says a lot in the last year. Either his insider info has dried up, or he's gotten burned too many times. But yeah, his "rumors" are closer to fantasies.

"2. General description of improvement Wilderness Rehab -Installation of temporary trailer, utilities, decking/ramp"

I guess that could mean about anything. Anyone remember how they worded the Poly permits for comparison?
I'd have to go back and look but this would likely only be a first step and permits following would indicate what exactly the work is. I know for sure it isn't for the WL DVC rooms they were just refurbed a year or two ago. Also this would be a conversion of 2 floors. The poly was much more extensive.

Spirit says that the permits are indeed for the WL DVC additions. A new DVC lounge and CL lounge will be added. Artist pointe will also get a big refurb. This resort will also get over the water rooms.

Oh and the budget for Star Wars of course has already been cut.

Before I start my happy dance, let me ask for clarification:

Are you saying the budget has already been approved?
... or are you saying that the budget that has been approved has already been cut back?

(thinking positive thoughts)

Before I start my happy dance, let me ask for clarification:

Are you saying the budget has already been approved?
... or are you saying that the budget that has been approved has already been cut back?

(thinking positive thoughts)
It's moving along the final approval process. It's not officially green lighted yet. In the words of Spirit "the funding for the Star Wars project is moving steadily along."

This is normal of any project. The Imagineers create varying proposals. Some of them are extravagant. Operations and Burbank choose what's feasable. It was said that DCA's upgrades were the smaller of two budgets. Nothing to be concerned about.

It's moving along the final approval process. It's not officially green lighted yet. In the words of Spirit "the funding for the Star Wars project is moving steadily along."

This is normal of any project. The Imagineers create varying proposals. Some of them are extravagant. Operations and Burbank choose what's feasable. It was said that DCA's upgrades were the smaller of two budgets. Nothing to be concerned about.
Also based on how spirit works in sure imagineering proposed some great stuff but the board doesn't want to pay for it. A lot of people tend to say imagineering has been doing great things. I think that is not true they do great things with what they have. You can only do so much with an approved budget.

Also last night spirit said that marvel really doesn't care what attractions of theirs are put in the parks or not. They only care about their movies and comics. That does show when their movies bring in big bucks world wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter