News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone from AOA! It’s gorgeous here. A couple of news things I can report.
1. We landed yesterday at 3:02pm and we’re on DME by 3:37. That includes time to taxi in on plane, and a bathroom stop. Lots of buses were waiting, leaving, arriving. I was afraid of long lines but it was super fast.
2. Mug refill station at AOA is serve yourself. Capt. Cooks at the Poly still had a CM filling cups from behind a table.
3. We ate dinner at Tambu lounge and Ohana is very sad, chairs all stacked on tables. But the flatbreads from Tambu are amazing! And you can sit next to Ohana on the other side of the bar if you miss the atmosphere as much as we do.
4.Skyliner is still loading 1 party per vehicle, distancing markers on ground. Super quick ride from AOA to DHS to get a bus to Poly at 5:46 yesterday. Boat from Poly to MK was distancing so only about 4 families on the boat.
I have a few pictures that for some reason keep rotating when I insert them. After coffee, I may try again to figure out.
We have Topolinos this morning at 8:15 and our plan to skyliner over didn’t take into consideration that the Epcot line isn’t running that early, I guess we’ll have to Uber. Then off to Springs for a while!

I hope you have a wonderful trip!! ☺️

Morning everyone from AOA! It’s gorgeous here. A couple of news things I can report.
1. We landed yesterday at 3:02pm and we’re on DME by 3:37. That includes time to taxi in on plane, and a bathroom stop. Lots of buses were waiting, leaving, arriving. I was afraid of long lines but it was super fast.
2. Mug refill station at AOA is serve yourself. Capt. Cooks at the Poly still had a CM filling cups from behind a table.
3. We ate dinner at Tambu lounge and Ohana is very sad, chairs all stacked on tables. But the flatbreads from Tambu are amazing! And you can sit next to Ohana on the other side of the bar if you miss the atmosphere as much as we do.
4.Skyliner is still loading 1 party per vehicle, distancing markers on ground. Super quick ride from AOA to DHS to get a bus to Poly at 5:46 yesterday. Boat from Poly to MK was distancing so only about 4 families on the boat.
I have a few pictures that for some reason keep rotating when I insert them. After coffee, I may try again to figure out.
We have Topolinos this morning at 8:15 and our plan to skyliner over didn’t take into consideration that the Epcot line isn’t running that early, I guess we’ll have to Uber. Then off to Springs for a while!
Thanks for the report! The pic rotation thing happens to me too, if you edit/save the pic in any way (like just crop a teeny bit or rotate it 360) then save it, for some reason it uploads correctly after.

This may or may not mean a danged thing, but when I search for dining at DHS, everything pretty much comes up as "9 Restaurants with No Availability"

Today Fantasmic Dining Package came up in the search results, but not under that list. It's listed above where the available reservations usually are (but in the title says "temporarily unavailable like Cape May's did/does).

This is the first time Fantasmic showed up like that for me, and I pretty much stalk DHS reservations several times a day looking for Oga's on 2 different days.

Is this new or just me?

This may or may not mean a danged thing, but when I search for dining at DHS, everything pretty much comes up as "9 Restaurants with No Availability"

Today Fantasmic Dining Package came up in the search results, but not under that list. It's listed above where the available reservations usually are (but in the title says "temporarily unavailable like Cape May's did/does).

This is the first time Fantasmic showed up like that for me, and I pretty much stalk DHS reservations several times a day looking for Oga's on 2 different days.

Is this new or just me?

Humm... that’s interesting. Definitely keep an eye on it... you might be on to something! 🙂

Is this new or just me?

I've seen it reported in other groups, and then people say it has been there off and on since last fall. Still hoping it's a good sign, but hard to tell! I haven't seen a Bioreconstruct aerial over the F! area in a while, so no idea what the progress is there.

Is this new or just me?[/SIZE][/FONT]
I've been checking DHS for a few weeks (DHS day 1 week from today) and it's been there.
Edit to add- I had to scroll past Fantasmic for them to tell me that there isn't room for us to eat anywhere. Multiple times. It was mean-spirited.

Can someone remind me if there is an estimated date for the reopening of the Confectionary?
I'm also really missing the wafting scents of the Big Top Souvenirs building.

Hey there! Quoting the article I posted above regarding The Confectionary:

“No word yet on a reopening date, although it is safe to assume it will be ready in-time for the 50th celebrations beginning October 1 2021.”

I'm desperate for Tusker House news for my late June trip. Giving this dance thing a try, hoping it works, lol...

UTF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter