• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping they put the really old stuff on Disney+, Walt Disney-era stuff. That’s what I really want to see. There’s so much of it too! Cartoons with the fab five, World of Color, Alice in Wonderland shorts, Mickey Mouse Club, Silly Symphony, all the old movies and nature films...

I’m hoping they put the really old stuff on Disney+, Walt Disney-era stuff. That’s what I really want to see. There’s so much of it too! Cartoons with the fab five, World of Color, Alice in Wonderland shorts, Mickey Mouse Club, Silly Symphony, all the old movies and nature films...
That’s been my hope for the long term. Especially the stuff that’s harder to find through any means.

That’s been my hope for the long term. Especially the stuff that’s harder to find through any means.
I agree. As it stands, I already own most of the movies listed. If they added new content, like Aladdin, which will certainly be available on Blu-ray/DVD and by digital copy, I’d sign up. But for now, I’m not paying for content I already have.

I agree that the offering from Disney+ seems very light.

For reference, in the UK I subscribe to Disney Life and that has over 450 Disney movies on it, and over 120 Disney TV shows. And on top of that it has a load of shorts on it.

Although I will be interested to see what happens with Disney Life once Disney+ is launched.

I'm surprised how much people expect for $7. I think it's a great deal. For example, I haven't seen Avengers: Endgame yet. When it comes on Demand on Direct TV, I would pay $6 to see it once. So paying $7 to see it more than once PLUS everything else seems like a good deal to me. My husband and I can't wait for the Mandalorian, and my kids will love seeing the old cartoons and the High School Musical Show, plus everything else. I imagine the list will grow soon enough, but for $70 for a year I'm sold.

I'm surprised how much people expect for $7. I think it's a great deal. For example, I haven't seen Avengers: Endgame yet. When it comes on Demand on Direct TV, I would pay $6 to see it once. So paying $7 to see it more than once PLUS everything else seems like a good deal to me. My husband and I can't wait for the Mandalorian, and my kids will love seeing the old cartoons and the High School Musical Show, plus everything else. I imagine the list will grow soon enough, but for $70 for a year I'm sold.

that is how I am looking at it - the Mandalorian alone is probably worth $7 to me and if I watch 1 or 2 movies I haven't seen, now I am in the black. And if they add 1 or 2 more movies or shows each month that I want to watch, then that sort of covers the $7

But then again, I have Netflix and like watched Stranger Things, Queer Eye, British Baking, and then once or twice a month a movie - I am not watching 30 things a month so maybe my needs/expectations are different :confused3

That Netflix deal will also make them pull stuff off and give it back to Netflix.

Still this “full” list is very short on content for a standalone service competing against Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix.
I am shocked at how small this list was. I was expecting more older (like Walt-Disney era) stuff .. stuff you can't even find digitally anywhere.

This, at least does give my family an option to watch some not too old Disney movies and

I wasn't expecting it all from Day 1, but I was hoping we could sit down and watch old episodes of Davey Crockett or something.

I mean for the yearly price, it is still worth it, but hope they add more quick.

I am shocked they don't have Modern Disney shows on there -- like Star Wars Resistance, modern Duck Tales, Big Hero 6, Disney Junior shows, etc. The Disney Now app is 'okay' but that requires a cable subscription. I should have guessed that Disney wasn't going to let people cut the cord completely (for $7/month).

I bet that Disney will cycle content in and out to "keep it fresh" and keep subscribers on the hook.

The Disney+ list is smaller than I anticipated but I'll still subscribe. Like many others, I'm mostly interested in The Mandalorian. Some of the other included titles will be great to have access to as well. I'm sure Netflix feels like they've dodged a bullet here for now as I don't see Disney's initial lineup being enough to put them in the ground -- YET.

I’ll still subscribe too, but I was hoping for at least the amount of movies they have available on the cruise ship TVs in the room. There’s an abundance of older Disney movies you can watch in the room on the ship that could have been added to this service.

That’s been in the works for a long time. Originally it was going to be a film. Leslie Iwerks is doing it.
That's good to know. I was hoping it be similar to one of programs that aired on the Disney Channel in it's early years. Can't remember the name, but it was either a weekly or monthly series that featured many of Walt's nine old men, the Imagineers, artists, etc.

I’ll still subscribe too, but I was hoping for at least the amount of movies they have available on the cruise ship TVs in the room. There’s an abundance of older Disney movies you can watch in the room on the ship that could have been added to this service.
But... then why would you cruise? :sail:

:rotfl:

But... then why would you cruise? :sail:

:rotfl:

I know you asked in jest, but honestly, that’s one of the favorite things for a couple of my boys! One of my sons, in particular, really loved watching some of the older/classic animated movies for the first time. Those aren’t easily found!

So ready for some Monday news so we can change things up from the Disney+ conversations.

1 month from today WDW SW:GE opens!!!

Now if only Disney would tell us how opening day is going to be handled...I’d like to know if I’m going or not, and that depends on whether they issue return times or make everyone physically stand in line all day like they did for TSL.

Disney Plus News tweeted out these images and I hadn't seen all of this together in one spot so thought it was a good summary of what original content is coming when to Disney+ ... Didn't realize all the small series coming in 2020 (like behind the scenes of Frozen II and of Animal Kingdom)

Coming at Launch:
View attachment 420148

Coming in 2020:
View attachment 420149

Coming in 2021:
View attachment 420151

The movies and TV are fine and all...but as a fan of Disney history the documentaries are what I care about. I've been looking forward to watching The Imagineering Story for such a long time. Ink & Paint seems like it would be incredibly interesting as well. I also love when a company allows it's creative force to just go out and try things. Sparkshorts and Short Circuit...I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter