Ocean View studio OR Island Gardens View 1-Bed? (view vs sq ft)

Aulani room type for 2 adults, 1 kiddo? (view vs square footage)

• Ocean View Studio

• 1-Bedroom Island Gardens View

Results are only viewable after voting.

Frugal Fairy Tales

points are just points
We are deciding between an Ocean View Studio OR Island-Garden View 1-Bedroom for our first 8-night Aulani trip with two adults and one kid. Availability is not an issue. We have the points for either choice. We'll likely spend most of our time at the resort. Open to any and all recommendations/insights. Thanks :)

DH and I will always vote for a 1BR rather than a studio. Privacy and the option to stay up watching TV in the bedroom while the child sleeps in the living room, especially for an 8-night trip, would be important to us. Having the in-room laundry would mean packing much less clothing, and the kitchen means less expensive breakfasts and snacks, more money for dinner and other activities!

For sure the 1 bedroom. A lot of the island garden view rooms have partial views of the ocean, anyway!

We stayed in an ocean view studio on our first trip to Aulani with two adults, one child, and it felt very small to us due to the angular shape of the room. We've decided to book a 1 bedroom island garden view on our next trip.

Last edited:
Do the 1 bedrooms have Jacuzzi tubs? We really only have enough points for studio stays, but am a sucker for jacuzzi tubs.

The times I have stayed with Island View view, I have been able to see the ocean from my balcony. I request to have a room in the Ewa tower, highest possible floor, overlooking the Lua area. There is no hotel next to the Ewa tower, as the lot is empty. So there are partial ocean views that are suitable for me and my family. We stay via Disney Vacation Club on our points.

1 bedroom! We only use the kitchen to cook a few breakfast items but love having the option if needed. Sometimes it's nice to make some quick eggs and bacon early before Ulu cafe is even open. (we come from CT, so we are up EARLY)

I also love the jetted tub and laundry. Plus all the space is great.

Having a kitchen is so nice, and there are some great island garden views that still see the ocean in the background. I would definitely go with the 1BR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter