News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you mean Boulder Ridge, the DVC units outside the main lodge? Those were the ones DVC members felt were done cheaply, which I was referring to. I would say Copper Creek, the new ones in the main lodge, are actually very nice, though a lot of DVC members don't like the theme.

No, it was Copper Creek. The hallway connected to the main building without going outside. I can see how brand new, they looked nice. However, after some use, they aren't holding up well. The faucets are very wobbily at the sinks. The towel rods were all coming apart from the brackets on the wall. Things just generally didn't seem to be kept up well. Also, the dresser and trunk looked and felt a little cheap. Some of the finishes were nice though, like the tile in the shower and the cabinetry in the bathroom and kitchenette. It was a studio, so maybe that makes a difference.

My thought would be that they may just not do rider swap simply due to the potential for it being abused.
(For example: I go to Rider swap with my family .. they say who is going second. I choose me. They ask who is going to ride second time with me? I say my son.
Since I am going standby -- and the line is 120 minutes long, they tell me that I am able to get into the FP queue in two hours.

Then .. my wife and son simply don't stand in the standby line -- we all just explore the land, go on other rides and 2 hours later my son and I walk into the FP line with my "rider swap" pass.

WAY too many people will abuse it like that and basically giving families with toddlers a free FP to a ride that no one else is allowed to use.

My guess is they will allow it for a family with a person with a disability in their group, but not for families with kids who aren't tall enough to ride.

They could eliminate that workaround. Have a rider swap lanyard or laminated paper etc that you give to the group as they enter the line. When they reach the end, they switch that one for a differently designed paper that will let the second group bypass the line.

They could eliminate that workaround. Have a rider swap lanyard or laminated paper etc that you give to the group as they enter the line. When they reach the end, they switch that one for a differently designed paper that will let the second group bypass the line.
They do this already. You don't get the actual rider swap ticket until FP & Standby merge for a number of rides (at least on 7DMT for sure).

My thought would be that they may just not do rider swap simply due to the potential for it being abused.
(For example: I go to Rider swap with my family .. they say who is going second. I choose me. They ask who is going to ride second time with me? I say my son.
Since I am going standby -- and the line is 120 minutes long, they tell me that I am able to get into the FP queue in two hours.

Then .. my wife and son simply don't stand in the standby line -- we all just explore the land, go on other rides and 2 hours later my son and I walk into the FP line with my "rider swap" pass.

WAY too many people will abuse it like that and basically giving families with toddlers a free FP to a ride that no one else is allowed to use.

My guess is they will allow it for a family with a person with a disability in their group, but not for families with kids who aren't tall enough to ride.

They can just make the rider swap two steps - tell the CM at front you want to do rider swap and they give you a pass that you give to the CM at the front of the line - after you wait the 120 mins - who takes that pass and gives you the actual rider swap

Edit: what @only hope said

I guess that works if you have a member of your party ready to spend 2 hours in the land but not actually ride (in this case your wife). I really don't care about Star Wars but I still wouldn't want to do that.

Last edited:
A comment on the delivery handling charge. I think this is perfectly reasonable. I cant imagine how many deliveries Amazon Prime and especially Prime now have resulted in. I know in January between my initial grocery order and things I missed it just decided to add I had 6 separate deliveries. It is kind if addictive when you can order almost anything and grab it at bell on you way back from the park a few hours later. Maybe a$6 charge will make me not do this. In any case, I'm sure this has resulted in requiring more staff to handle.

I could really get behind simpler treats at Disney like the no sugar added cupcake. Now, the no-sugar-added part doesn't work for me, personally, because that tends to be the verbiage used when something is made with artificial sweeteners, which I cannot have. (BUT I am very happy for the people who this works really well for! :) ) But while the article's author is bummed by the fact that it's not an over-the-top cupcake, I would love the addition of a basic cupcake, made with sugar, with whipped cream and fruit on top instead of highly colored, glittered, gelatin filled icings and decorations. To me this new cupcake looks wonderful. :) But, like almost every WDW dessert, I still probably can't eat it. :(

Are Duck tales back out on TV or a streaming service these days? Do kids even know about Duck Tales? I'm just curious. If the show is not being shown currently, then I would find that theme to be a curious choice to replace Agent P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter