• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

Disney announces slew of new films through 2027 including Star Wars and Marvel Phase 4 (I think this builds off @jknezek 's post)

https://wdwnt.com/2019/05/disney-an...-2027-including-star-wars-and-marvel-phase-4/

oh and for those of you already tired of the Live Action Remakes ... I got some bad news for ya

"Lion King and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil are both slated for a 2019 release, we also have confirmation of Mulan which is slated to hit theaters on March 27th, 2020. Additionally, Cruella is slated for a December 23rd, 2020 release and eight additional untitled live-action films sprinkled throughout 2021 and 2022."
Gotta keep up those remakes ;) be you know it they will be remaking the remakes.

I still think the Best live action Cinderella was the Slipper and the Rose from 1976, but that might be because its a musical as well and written by the Sherman Brothers

I haven't liked many of the recent remakes but actually enjoyed the Cinderella one ... but you highlight a good version of it as well

oh and for those of you already tired of the Live Action Remakes ... I got some bad news for ya

"Lion King and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil are both slated for a 2019 release, we also have confirmation of Mulan which is slated to hit theaters on March 27th, 2020. Additionally, Cruella is slated for a December 23rd, 2020 release and eight additional untitled live-action films sprinkled throughout 2021 and 2022."

It doesn't specify if those are all remakes. I really hope they aren't, because that would be ridiculous.

guess it depends why they are going there and if the new people feel it is "lost" ... I know I for one would never stay at the Fort as it (maybe the cabins, not sure). I am not DVC so likely never to stay at Reflections either but it looks way more appealing to me to stay there than at a tent site or in an RV. I know lots of people that love it and that's awesome and I feel bad for those that feel this will negatively impact what they love about staying there - just think this opens it up for different people that wouldn't consider staying there in the past to now do so

Guess time will tell if these new people get the feeling they want out of this or not
But you said it was a pro for people that wanted to get to/stay near pioneer hall. This change is going to kill what that area was, which is my point. "I love this area and would like for it to be easier for me to stay near it." "Well bulldoze everything so I can have a hotel next to it." "Well, crap it's not the same any more."

Sure new people won't know the difference, but that isn't the point I'm making or what you originally said. Sure, I'd love for it to be easier to get to Pioneer Hall, but not if it means destorying everything about the area that made me like it.

But you said it was a pro for people that wanted to get to/stay near pioneer hall. This change is going to kill what that area was, which is my point. "I love this area and would like for it to be easier for me to stay near it." "Well bulldoze everything so I can have a hotel next to it." "Well, crap it's not the same any more."

Sure new people won't know the difference, but that isn't the point I'm making or what you originally said. Sure, I'd love for it to be easier to get to Pioneer Hall, but not if it means destroying everything about the area that made me like it.

well it doesn't bulldoze Pioneer Hall that stays the same - guess it comes down to the opinion of the guest if it "kills it" or not. I agree if the original person said "I love Pioneer hall and how quite it around it and how it feels like nothing major it is near it", then, yeah, this will have a different vibe than that, and agree with your point

But I think people can like elements of what is there and this not "kill" that for them - will come down to the individual

well it doesn't bulldoze Pioneer Hall that stays the same - guess it comes down to the opinion of the guest if it "kills it" or not. I agree if the original person said "I love Pioneer hall and how quite it around it and how it feels like nothing major it is near it", then, yeah, this will have a different vibe than that, and agree with your point

But I think people can like elements of what is there and this not "kill" that for them - will come down to the individual
There will be a “new pioneer hall”

NEWS

Disney announces slew of new films through 2027 including Star Wars and Marvel Phase 4 (I think this builds off @jknezek 's post)

https://wdwnt.com/2019/05/disney-an...-2027-including-star-wars-and-marvel-phase-4/

That is a lot of remakes, hopefully they learn how to do then for less money. I have a hard time believing all of those will cover a $180M budget.

That is a lot of remakes, hopefully they learn how to do then for less money. I have a hard time believing all of those will cover a $180M budget.
I'd guess part of their plan with the remakes (especially the fantasy/princess ones) is really meant to connect to another generation of kids to Disney. I would assume they must be seeing some benefits to these movies in keeping their catalog of characters relevant today, which in turn helps driver merchandising and park attendance.

If they let the characters fall to irrelevancy it could end up hurting the park attendance (not sure how it wouldn't when that has become a major focus of Disney parks and other theme parks too). Sure they should do new stories, but I think they are to a degree with the villain side stories. And any new stories is a higher cost to them through integration into the parks and hotels.

If you put pioneer hall in a motel 6 parking lot, no body would care about getting to it. You are killing the entire area around the building itself, which is what makes it what it is.

I'd guess part of their plan with the remakes (especially the fantasy/princess ones) is really meant to connect to another generation of kids to Disney. I would assume they must be seeing some benefits to these movies in keeping their catalog of characters relevant today, which in turn helps driver merchandising and park attendance.
Another aspect is oversees. Countries like China have no attachment or recollection to the originals because they weren’t shown there at the time. So that’s a huge untapped market for these films.

If you put pioneer hall in a motel 6 parking lot, no body would care about getting to it. You are killing the entire area around the building itself, which is what makes it what it is.

agree to disagree ... I love Pioneer Hall and Hoop Dee Doo, etc., but don't really care for/about the area

I'd guess part of their plan with the remakes (especially the fantasy/princess ones) is really meant to connect to another generation of kids to Disney. I would assume they must be seeing some benefits to these movies in keeping their catalog of characters relevant today, which in turn helps driver merchandising and park attendance. If they let the characters fall to irrelevancy it could end up hurting the park attendance (not sure how it wouldn't when that has become a major focus of Disney parks and other theme parks too). Sure they should do new stories, but I think they are to a degree with the villain side stories. And any new stories is a higher cost to them through integration into the parks and hotels.
Yeah, I've had that thought before too, and for the Disney+ content. That seems like pretty long term thinking for a corporation, though, and it still seems like they should space them out some

If they let the characters fall to irrelevancy it could end up hurting the park attendance (not sure how it wouldn't when that has become a major focus of Disney parks and other theme parks too). Sure they should do new stories, but I think they are to a degree with the villain side stories. And any new stories is a higher cost to them through integration into the parks and hotels.

yeah, lots of $$$$ ... these remakes generally are bringing in more $ than the original live actions they have released

Yeah, I've had that thought before too, and for the Disney+ content. That seems like pretty long term thinking for a corporation, though, and it still seems like they should space them out some
I would assume a corporation that operates on tourism though man-made attractions would have to think quite long term. When your most important business lines (through exposure and more recently it's financial success) is reliant on significant amounts physical structures and infrastructure you can't pivot the model quickly or scale down in any meaningful way. I'm sure Disney is aware, if they want to sustain long-term, WDW and DLR at the very least need to exist in come capacity (and perhaps one of the Asian Parks). Also its likely they are really trying to tap into that foreign market, particularly Asia, (as @rteetz suggested) that has no emotional attachment to some of the characters/movies, which makes them more interested in the Asian Disney parks and merchandising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter