• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those tower studios are EXPENSIVE! I can get a standard BWV studio that sleeps 5 for as little as 10 points. 15 for a 2 person room is crazy town!

Welcome to hype of being the only DVC on the Gondola route. Your not paying to have a great room to fill with a family, your paying to have a murphy bed with a view and to be on the Gondola system. Im sure the resort will look amazing, but I think Disney is really leaning heavily on the appeal of it being on the Gondola system.

What I find really funny about Riviera, is that when the rumor of a DVC resort at CBR was first hinted at, it was supposed to be some sort of "moderate" dvc resort. They certainly ended up going in the opposite direction, I'd say!
"Supposed to be" -- only according to posters on boards like this! I'm sure most people never expected that -- I certainly didn't.

What I find really funny about Riviera, is that when the rumor of a DVC resort at CBR was first hinted at, it was supposed to be some sort of "moderate" dvc resort. They certainly ended up going in the opposite direction, I'd say!

"Supposed to be" -- only according to posters on boards like this! I'm sure most people never expected that -- I certainly didn't.

"supposed to be" i think is a bit strong for even what was discussed here ... I think more "pondering" if this would be a more moderate DVC and trigger the start of that segment - or would it be more building up to be a Deluxe ... and clearly it is the later that happened

I think thats when most thought it would be part of CBR. Riviera is a completely separate resort and being positioned as a higher profile resort.

It was amazing! The story was new and unknown both to my husband and me. He’s a huge space fan and started out as an Aerospace Engineering major, wanting to work for NASA. Have you seen the ads for the Apollo 11 documentary coming out this summer? It’s all real footage and looks mind-blowing!

I've seen the name but didn't realize it was a documentary. I'll have to look for more info.

Welcome to hype of being the only DVC on the Gondola route. Your not paying to have a great room to fill with a family, your paying to have a murphy bed with a view and to be on the Gondola system. Im sure the resort will look amazing, but I think Disney is really leaning heavily on the appeal of it being on the Gondola system.
I like the idea of the gondola as a way to get to parks faster for resorts that currently have only busses, however, I would still rather be closer to the parks like the other dvc, certainly wouldn’t pay MORE to stay further.

Anyone else notice that this review says stops are too short, but DFB said stops are too long?

Well, I took DFBs more that there some lulls where there wasn’t enough info so it dragged. I think the DIS felt similarly that they would have preferred more info and getting into more detail - but at fewer stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter