News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I thought this from the article was pretty funny:
"When Pixar had such a listening event several years ago, sources say, employee complaints were aired about Lasseter's behavior generally."

But this time, they're REALLY going to listen!

There is someone very high up in the department I woke in that says he has an open door policy, yet never has his door open. I know I'm playing with words, but it's the same thing.

We had a meeting where HR rounded up all the millennials to hear what they liked and disliked about the company. Being born in 1990, I didn't know I was part of that generation...I never really knew what generation I was a part of. Anyways, we had a series of meetings and you know what came from it...nothing.

Then a survey was sent to all employees...an employee engagement survey. Where they asked questions like, "Would you say you work with your best friend?". Kind of odd, but anyways, we all took that survey almost a year ago, and yet again nothing has happened.

I'm not saying these "listening" strategies don't work. I'm sure there are some companies that actually do listen, but so far, I've yet to experience it.

News

Disney/Pixar to hold a day of listening for employees as they look towards the future

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...ning-speculation-john-lasseter-s-fate-1080339
So they had a meeting some time ago and if true, that could open the door for tons of lawsuits, as in, you knew you had a problem then and didn't really address it and nothing changed. So if that's true it could put Disney in dangerous territory. Disappointing.

I would love to believe that none of this really happened. So disappointing.

There is someone very high up in the department I woke in that says he has an open door policy, yet never has his door open. I know I'm playing with words, but it's the same thing.

We had a meeting where HR rounded up all the millennials to hear what they liked and disliked about the company. Being born in 1990, I didn't know I was part of that generation...I never really knew what generation I was a part of. Anyways, we had a series of meetings and you know what came from it...nothing.

Then a survey was sent to all employees...an employee engagement survey. Where they asked questions like, "Would you say you work with your best friend?". Kind of odd, but anyways, we all took that survey almost a year ago, and yet again nothing has happened.

I'm not saying these "listening" strategies don't work. I'm sure there are some companies that actually do listen, but so far, I've yet to experience it.

We had someone in our are as well that during the "New leader assimilation" she was very adamant about her "open door policy" and we all looked at each other and then said "but the physical door to your office is literally closed 100% of the time"

We do engagement surveys a lot and have similar questions (though not quite to the level of "do you work with your best friend?") - I think a lot is to determine how happy people are especially in the climate where salaries have not increased at all, bonuses are down (and continue to be down) and benefits are going down as well (so take home pay is actually lower)- but they want something they can point to for why people should still be happy :D

I agree with you, most of these things are just lip service, at least in my experience.
But if Disney knew the seriousness of the allegations then and did nothing that's another story. Most "listening meetings" I've been dragged into are just pointless, like how can we make you feel appreciated kind of stuff. Nothing ever comes of it. But then again I've never had a boss that likes to grab and kiss people or comment on the way they look. I so hope all of this is untrue.

NEWS

Mobile ordering now available for the Disney Dining Plan!

note: the link to the webpage in the description is not working, just sharing the youtube from Disney Parks

Sorry if this was already posted and I missed it

Massive news.

MDE has become a wonderful addition and for me and my family, I am loving all these updates to the App especially. Between Magicband, MDE App and services like the dining plan, it makes things so easy.

Is there stuff that still needs to be added? Can you add annual passes? Does MDE and magicband work for those staying in DVC resorts?

Massive news.

MDE has become a wonderful addition and for me and my family, I am loving all these updates to the App especially. Between Magicband, MDE App and services like the dining plan, it makes things so easy.

Is there stuff that still needs to be added? Can you add annual passes? Does MDE and magicband work for those staying in DVC resorts?

I agree - love MDE (though I am a planner, I can see others not wanting to have to bother with it) and LOVE mobile ordering. We never get the dining plan so this addition doesn't help us but just having a CC on it to charge to made it so easy for us

I do think it would be great if they were able to add in your AP or DVC or TIW or whatever so you just automatically got any applicable discounts when using your MB (dang, that is a lot of acronyms)

There is stuff that can always be added. What do you mean by adding annual passes? AP holders can use the app just like everyone else. Everything works for DVC stays as well.

One thing I’d love to see them add which was rumored for some time is bus wait times on the app.

I agree - love MDE (though I am a planner, I can see others not wanting to have to bother with it) and LOVE mobile ordering. We never get the dining plan so this addition doesn't help us but just having a CC on it to charge to made it so easy for us

I do think it would be great if they were able to add in your AP or DVC or TIW or whatever so you just automatically got any applicable discounts when using your MB (dang, that is a lot of acronyms)
Only problem is no quick service locations have an AP discount anymore. It’s only table service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter