• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

Steve stopped over at Magic Kingdom today and said "The rhino was missing from the Jungle Cruise today, but cast members hinted that it will be back. Seems that it is just being refurbished." Whew!

View attachment 217190
STEVE YOU ARE THE BEST. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I appreciate you going out and finding out what the deal was. Now if we can convince Disney to bring back the old rope drop. Thank you for the update.

30 seemed a minor blip. I don't know that we'll get much for 35.
They've already previewed 35th merchandise. People were very upset about the 30th. I'd imagine they'll try a little more with this one. I know at least in merchandise Steven Miller is a big Epcot fan and has pushed for some of that merchandise.

30 seemed a minor blip. I don't know that we'll get much for 35.

They've already previewed 35th merchandise. People were very upset about the 30th. I'd imagine they'll try a little more with this one. I know at least in merchandise Steven Miller is a big Epcot fan and has pushed for some of that merchandise.

Plus D23 is doing a bunch of stuff for it including a members event at WDW. I mean, it won't be like Disnelyands 60th or anything but hoping for a couple of things

News

Disney will be having a 7 day media event starting May 21st. No word on exactly what will be part of it but I'm sure Pandora is a likely reason.

Oh please please please! I really hope Pandora is the reason. I will be there the 21st through 27th. If we get to see opening day of Pandora, I will be in heaven!!

Word is Pandora will be the highlight of the event.

I really hope any soft opening would be open to guests. Do you think they would limit it to media event attendees only? I don't know what common practice is, or if there is a common practice on opening a whole new land. Does anyone remember if there was a soft opening for fantasyland before the grand opening date?

I really hope any soft opening would be open to guests. Do you think they would limit it to media event attendees only? I don't know what common practice is, or if there is a common practice on opening a whole new land. Does anyone remember if there was a soft opening for fantasyland before the grand opening date?
Yes there was soft openings but Fantasyland opened in phases. Dumbo and the storybook circus area opened first. Be our guest/Belle/Ariel opened next. Then finally Mine train opened.

News

Disney will be having a 7 day media event starting May 21st. No word on exactly what will be part of it but I'm sure Pandora is a likely reason.
they have one around that time every year. usually sometime end of april through end of may

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter