News Round Up 2017

Universal did theirs already - and doubled-down by announcing an official open date for Volcano Bay.

Which, oddly enough, falls in line with what Disney is looking at for Pandora ...

I think if Disney is going to do one, it's going to be late next year after the 13-month bonus starts to expire for people. Disney is just doing TOO many discounts on tickets - like the 1-park-a-day tickets right now.

So with Pandora now rumored to open around Memorial Day, do you think the annual (or semi-annual) price hikes will happen just before then, or much earlier?
Who knows. Price hikes are always hard to guess and usually we only get wind of them the night before.

Universal did theirs already - and doubled-down by announcing an official open date for Volcano Bay.

Which, oddly enough, falls in line with what Disney is looking at for Pandora ...

I think if Disney is going to do one, it's going to be late next year after the 13-month bonus starts to expire for people. Disney is just doing TOO many discounts on tickets - like the 1-park-a-day tickets right now.
Gotta love theme park wars...

And they're still pushing it as a third gate and not just a waterpark. I keep seeing Uni commercials that mention "three parks".

Having toured the construction site and having SEEN the models, they're not wrong. Volcano Bay is, at a BASE level, a water park. But if you think this is an equivalent to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach ... well, that's just being mean to Volcano Bay. I do think it will be a game-changer.

Oh boy. I'm not sure how I feel about Pandora getting a surprise opening. Mainly for selfish reasons though.

I'm taking a fairly large group on June 1st. It already felt like we were walking a tightrope into crowded territory because we had to wait until a few of the group were out of school. If Pandora hits only a few days before, I can only imagine it is going to lead to a massive increase in attendance for the entire time we are there (and several months afterwards).

I mean, sure, it is sort of exciting to possibly see Pandora while we are there. But then again, how much will we actually get to see versus stand in line.

No es bueno....

News

Marvel announces new video game partnered with Square Enix, referred to as "The Avengers Project".

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/824633368218370049

This reminds me that Avalanche, the guys who made Disney Infinity, were purchased by Warner Bros. and immediately put on the task of developing a Cars 3 game using the same engine that powered Infinity.

I still maintain hope that Traveler's Tales gets their hands on Disney IP's for the Lego Dimensions game...

I think Disney is likely coasting until the opening of Avatar to see the change in attendance. That will determine if they discount more to bring in more people
Oh boy. I'm not sure how I feel about Pandora getting a surprise opening. Mainly for selfish reasons though.

I'm taking a fairly large group on June 1st. It already felt like we were walking a tightrope into crowded territory because we had to wait until a few of the group were out of school. If Pandora hits only a few days before, I can only imagine it is going to lead to a massive increase in attendance for the entire time we are there (and several months afterwards).

I mean, sure, it is sort of exciting to possibly see Pandora while we are there. But then again, how much will we actually get to see versus stand in line.

No es bueno....
It may mean the other parks are slow, it may work out well, provided you don't go to AK. Could leave plenty of elbow room at night at epcot or MK.

No es bueno....
im in the same boat but going in early June has never been a big deal to us but if this opens the week before we get there then yep im worried too

I think Disney is likely coasting until the opening of Avatar to see the change in attendance. That will determine if they discount more to bring in more people

It may mean the other parks are slow, it may work out well, provided you don't go to AK. Could leave plenty of elbow room at night at epcot or MK.

I considered that, but Pandora opening doesn't just mean the people already *at* Disney will all go to AK, it means throngs of people who love to be at opening events like this will come to Disney World that otherwise wouldn't be there. So it is the standard summer crowd PLUS all the people who came specifically for this. And while AK will take the brunt of the hit, it stands to reason that these extra people will spill over into the other parks, buses, etc....

It's hard to imagine people traveling to DW for this and not spending some time in the other parks as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter