News Round Up 2017

I think you could make an argument that it's an investment that will pay off eventually. It's like infrastructure. It makes everything so much easier, it makes spending money easier, it manages all the fastpass crap, no need to carry paper tickets or fast passes or room keys. There's the whole photo-pass dimension of it, special magic bands they can sell... It's an investment that I think the general public likes, it sets Disney apart from the competition. I also think it's value is hard to quantify - you can't easily give a numerical value to data collection or the other more esoteric parts of the program.

I think that's the only argument they can make...namely this will help over the longterm by selling more junk and eliminating employees.

Good for their desired business.

But the point was that was NOT what they sold and it was defended to the wall by many around here for about 2 years...they've finally piped down and gone away.

I like the whole system/upgrade. I'm impresssd...but it was not "revolutionary" and it doesn't make money and it really hasn't improved the experience at all...just taken it in a different direction.

They just had really old/bad computers that they had neglected to make profit for decades...that's all.

I think you're 100% right. Why make it harder than it needs to be when you can produce a really good Wookie effect already. Maybe a Wookie who would vocalize and react directly with guests, animated by a handler/observer or however they do it with talking Mickey. Something like that.

I was the kid Ng the exact same thing - why not do like a Jaba creature or something else you can't do with a person in a costume?

One thing I did think is that if they will be outside it's got to be super hot in the costume especially in the summer and a ton of breaks would be required - animatronics don't need breaks

Amazing thing to ponder. Disneyland is closing early tonight due to inclement weather. Walt Disney World all still open as usual with major storms rolling through and a tornado watch. Wishes is going off right now in high winds.

Amazing thing to ponder. Disneyland is closing early tonight due to inclement weather. Walt Disney World all still open as usual with major storms rolling through and a tornado watch. Wishes is going off right now in high winds.

Is it too cold or just storming? I suspect Southern California doesn't handle storms, especially with lots of rain and thunder, well. They tend to flash flood easily, get mudslides (at least LA and between LA & San Diego), and have wildfires from lightning strikes. I don't know about flooding in Orlando from normal rain.

Is it too cold or just storming? I suspect Southern California doesn't handle storms, especially with lots of rain and thunder, well. They tend to flash flood easily, get mudslides (at least LA and between LA & San Diego), and have wildfires from lightning strikes. I don't know about flooding in Orlando from normal rain.
Heavy rains in CA. There is flooding in Southern CA right now. This wasn't normal rain in Orlando though. Tornado watches/warnings in the area with high winds and lightening. You'd think with the winds they would cancel fireworks at the least but nope they still went on.

There must be nobody there! App currently shows 10 min for Peter Pan and Hyperspace. Unheard of!!

Heavy rains in CA. There is flooding in Southern CA right now. This wasn't normal rain in Orlando though. Tornado watches/warnings in the area with high winds and lightening. You'd think with the winds they would cancel fireworks at the least but nope they still went on.
I'm in California right now about 2 miles from Disneyland. Rain was coming down hard today. I didn't go to the park though. I'm going tomorrow and Tuesday...Walt Disney World doesn't cancel for high winds. I think one of the reasonings is it is "Disney's" land around the Magic Kingdom. A CM once told me that the only reason they would cancel is if there was lightning in the radius of the Theme Park. I think that is 7 or 10 miles. I forget the exact distance. Disneyland cancels for high winds because on one side of the fence where they shoot the fireworks off is the 5 freeway. Disneyland is also surrounded by hotels, businesses, and houses. It's a City of Anaheim rule that they can't shoot off fireworks if there are high winds at a certain distance/mph. In fact, whenever Disneyland has to cancel their fireworks due to high winds, they have to call the Anaheim Fire Department to put out all of the fireworks they have already loaded. That costs them quite a bit of money as well. So, Disneyland actually doesn't like to cancel.

I'm in California right now about 2 miles from Disneyland. Rain was coming down hard today. I didn't go to the park though. I'm going tomorrow and Tuesday...Walt Disney World doesn't cancel for high winds. I think one of the reasonings is it is "Disney's" land around the Magic Kingdom. A CM once told me that the only reason they would cancel is if there was lightning in the radius of the Theme Park. I think that is 7 or 10 miles. I forget the exact distance. Disneyland cancels for high winds because on one side of the fence where they shoot the fireworks off is the 5 freeway. Disneyland is also surrounded by hotels, businesses, and houses. It's a City of Anaheim rule that they can't shoot off fireworks if there are high winds at a certain distance/mph. In fact, whenever Disneyland has to cancel their fireworks due to high winds, they have to call the Anaheim Fire Department to put out all of the fireworks they have already loaded. That costs them quite a bit of money as well. So, Disneyland actually doesn't like to cancel.
I believe lightening was in the area. How close I don't know. WDW also has had fire issues in Fantasyland since the expansion. It was just an interesting observation I though was worth noting.

I believe lightening was in the area. How close I don't know. WDW also has had fire issues in Fantasyland since the expansion. It was just an interesting observation I though was worth noting.
The most recent fire was right behind Beast's Castle. Am I correct?

I believe so, they had one with the fake grass on top of the Ariel's ride.
Oh, I haven't heard of that one. Quick question...Has anything happened with the rumor of possibly Disneyland moving the fireworks launch area so that Star Wars Land wouldn't be effected by any early closure when it opens? I also heard that it is possibly effecting construction. Not sure if that last part is true.

Oh, I haven't heard of that one. Quick question...Has anything happened with the rumor of possibly Disneyland moving the fireworks launch area so that Star Wars Land wouldn't be effected by any early closure when it opens. I also heard that it is possibly effecting construction. Not sure if that last part is true.
It was a rumor but haven't heard anything since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter