• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

Luke has to die sometime. That is not a mystery. It would indicate that the Jedi ways were not passed on to anyone including Rey.
Or something new is replacing the "Jedi".
Or Rey just doesn't become a Jedi yet.
Or Rey becomes a Jedi under Luke and Luke dies.
Or Rey becomes a Jedi and dies while Luke stays alive.
Or it is just a title signifying that Luke is the Last Jedi. This title doesn't just reference that Luke is going to die. People will think it though. I'm keeping my mind on the other options.

There are many other scenarios I have come up with. These were just a few.

There was flooding through Frontierland, basically a river going towards the end of main street, and the Royal Hall was leaking. This caused some of the princess meet and greets to be cancelled, sending some Cast Members home early. Only 8,000 guests in attendance today at Disneyland! I'm Southern California born and raised, and this is some of the most intense weather I've ever seen in this area. My parents' home (10 minutes from Disneyland) lost power and it won't be back up until tomorrow at the earliest.

Hope you, your family, and friends are all OK:goodvibes

Or Rey just doesn't become a Jedi yet.
Or Rey becomes a Jedi under Luke and Luke dies.
Or Rey becomes a Jedi and dies while Luke stays alive.
Or it is just a title signifying that Luke is the Last Jedi. This title doesn't just reference that Luke is going to die. People will think it though. I'm keeping my mind on the other options.

There are many other scenarios I have come up with. These were just a few.

The main reason for selecting the title is that it keeps you guessing. Now everyone will spend the next 11 months debating what it means. Brilliant!

Personally, the title is barely of any significance - I'm pretty much on-line for sure. Especially with Rian Johnson in charge.

Sorry, it's sort of been discussed - but this makes no sense at all. A costume character is a million times cheaper than a walking AA. Walking AAs still cost tens of millions of dollars. A costume character is $10 / hour. As other said, maybe a more articulated face or something, but no way, no way they are going to have a roving wookie.

You tell me a walking C-3PO then maybe I believe it.

$10/hour? Really? That's it? :(

That to me is what I enjoy about these threads - we can't really know that any of these things are going to happen until officially announced. What's fun with rumors is playing around with whether they are likely to be true. Some rumors are so wild that they can't possibly be true. Others don't seem to make much sense, but still could be true. This seems to me to be one of those - or at least that it is partly true. For instance, they could be working on roaming AAs, but someone that isn't super knowledgable just says "Oh, it's probably a wookie or something" and then they report it as "a wookie".

Back to the actual wookie - why would you even need an animatronic face for a wookie. Did chewie ever have a real expressive face? It was always a guy in a mask. If his cheeks suddenly start puffing out, it wouldn't even look right.

I think even simple things like blinking, smiling, grimacing, whatever could really add to a character experience. It's not a great comparison, but it's sort of like the Raptor experience thing they have over at Uni.

$10/hour? Really? That's it? :(

I don't know the actual rate but I've heard 'friends of' characters don't get paid all that much.

ETA: None of the CMs really get paid very well, for the most part.

IDK the exact amount - but it's not a lot - they aren't making $25 an hour. I think face characters get more than costume characters.

Plus if they use college program participants it is less (quick google search said $8.47/hour if in entertainment) and then you pay Disney for your rent

I figured the new Star Wars movie would be called something like Star Wars VIII: The Force Has Brunch... or The Force Goes Back to Bed, or something along those lines.

And I guarantee you there will be no animatronic walking around. Sounds like some major conjecture on the part of the rumor mongers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter