• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2016

Elaborating on the Jim Hill rumor from before. He said they will add up jungle book scenes because of its popularity and because originally it was to have Disney nature scenes but those films while good don't perform well.

Also Jim says Rogue One stuff will becoming to the Studios in Sepetmeber. Vader is in this movie and will appear in the next trailer.

Also Jim says Star Wars Land has a name.... Get ready.... Star Wars Experience! That's it...

Elaborating on the Jim Hill rumor from before. He said they will add up jungle book scenes because of its popularity and because originally it was to have Disney nature scenes but those films while good don't perform well.

Also Jim says Rogue One stuff will becoming to the Studios in Sepetmeber. Vader is in this movie and will appear in the next trailer.

Also Jim says Star Wars Land has a name.... Get ready.... Star Wars Experience! That's it...

Surely that's not it. I hope that's a working title and they come up with something much better. Even calling it the generic "A Galaxy Far Far Away" would be better than just Experience.

What seems fishy about the ROL rumor is that the delay happened before Jungle Book was released - so they had no idea of it's popularity. Furthermore, if adding the content was an option it seems maybe they would just work up two different segments, then plug in the one they chose depending on the success of the film. Whether it's in there or not (and I'm guessing not, but what do I know) I don't think it's related to the delay.

It wouldn't shock me if Disney called it 'Star Wars Experience' but geez Louise that's so douchey.

I think this is the part where someone is supposed to tell you that Jim Hill is stupid and we shouldn't even bother posting what he says.

I'm willing to bet that we see Jungle Book in Animal Kingdom in the next few years in a big way besides that Rivers of Light rumor. I would love to see a Themed land or Dark ride based on the movie. Really good film except for the Singing segments. Those took me out of the movie. Planning to see it again two weeks from tomorrow at AMC Dine In Theater.

I haven't seen good dinosaur yet.
You and many others are lucky in my opinion. We went, spent a lot of money, and it was not good in our opinion. I know it was more geared towards boys (we went with 5 girls) but it was unnecessarily violent during several scenes and just plain sad. The "happy" ending was so abbreviated that I felt like they tortured this poor main character all the way through the movie with no real payoff (emotional, or otherwise). I mean bad thing after bad thing kept happening. We usually snap up the movies when they come out on DVD but this is definitely one we will be skipping.

Very impressed with jungle book. I wasn't expecting much. Wasn't impressed with the first trailer. But as it got closer I got more intrigued. My girlfriend liked it better than the animated version. The original has a certain piece of my heart but honestly this movie stands on its own. You don't have to enjoy or even compare the original to be throughly impressed. Best part (imo) is the second half of the movie is better than the first half. It really grabs your attention

Really enjoyed Jungle Book. Although it does, I believe, show the end of practical effect movies.

The only part where I even was slightly taken out of the movie by the effects was the rushing water.

Great storytelling and amazing world they created.

What's wrong with just calling it "Star Wars Land" like they have with "Cars Land" and "Bug's Land", etc. ?

I had high hopes for that movie. I thought it was good but it was missing something.

It felt like it didn't quite know what it was (some action seems were very intense, but than there would be one-liner jokes and just the tone was uneven) and the marketing was off as well (probably led to the previous note as well)

Also, there was a scene that got cut for time reasons that was on the Blue Ray that explained more of what It's a Small World was the entrance, etc, - and just explained more of the back-story that I think if it was left it would have helped as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter