News Round Up 2016

is there any doubt that the new ROL show along with the rest of the DAK expansion will be a home run
looks like its gonna open in April with softs in March
RiversofLight.png

Looks like this is only the start of cuts across all parks. What is most interesting is they would shorten hours of MouseGears a prime merchandise location.

Eh, it's just shortening on the opening end. My guess is nobody really buys things in the morning anyways. I know when you walk down Main Street there aren't a lot of people in the shops. Nobody wants to carry stuff with them all day.

Looks like this is only the start of cuts across all parks. What is most interesting is they would shorten hours of MouseGears a prime merchandise location.

The accountants have been running their cost/benefit analysis reports again.

Costs this much in staffing, makes this much in revenue...

Eh, it's just shortening on the opening end. My guess is nobody really buys things in the morning anyways. I know when you walk down Main Street there aren't a lot of people in the shops. Nobody wants to carry stuff with them all day.

You know I'm always surprised Disney doesn't do what Universal does and let people into the first part of the park where the shops are before the park itself opens. The only thing to do while your waiting is shop. Plus Disney are happy to send stuff back to your hotel for you if you're staying on property, so you don't have to carry it.

When I did my survey I told the they didn't charge enough. :rolleyes1

To repeat what I posted elsewhere -

We feel it was a bargain at $99 and still probably under priced at $129 for what you get, but in order to book a full room at each seating they need to keep that price attractive.

To compare:

Symphony Sky Dessert Party is $69 for Desserts, Specialty Drinks, Stein and viewing area (equal to a FP+) outside at stand up tables. Fireworks as well but you can see them with equal view for free.

Club Villain was $99 for Champagne outside at stand up tables, move inside to amazing decorations in event venue with assigned seating at tables for delicious Dinner Buffet, Desserts, Specialty Drinks, Beer, Wine, Dance Party, Musical Show and 4 Meet & Greet in highly themed sets with virtually no wait for 4 awesome characters. Room so decorated - there were many photo opportunities. Many more CMs clearing tables, assisting with food etc.

If you add up the items apart; Dinner buffet, Dessert party (since desserts much more than you find on buffets), champagne then free flowing alcohol, beer and wine, basically 4 FP+ to special characters, musical show, dance party with hard to see Dr. Facilier and all the CMs (worthy of a tip) you would be WAY over even the $129 price tag.

Seriously the best event we have ever attended. I'd do again AND pay $129.

This sounds amazing.

Or maybe the little snowflakes who grew up with the movie will then be the perfect age the enjoy the broadway production?

Yep. Our daughter was 2.5 when the movie came out- we saw it 7 times in the theater. I know, I know. But there weren't many age appropriate movies, she was an only child then, and I love going to the movies. Anyway, we will take her to NYC for the first time to see Frozen on Broadway. It'll be a big trip and my parents will also go.

I heard rumors of the Frozen ride opening the first weekend in May... think a soft opening could happen end of April? Thoughts?

*I am new here so if I am posting in the wrong spot let me know*

I heard rumors of the Frozen ride opening the first weekend in May... think a soft opening could happen end of April? Thoughts?

*I am new here so if I am posting in the wrong spot let me know*
May 1st was the original thought but its sounding like late May will be more likely based on how things are going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter