Newbie and a First timer

Autumnfire

First Timer
Hello all,

My Family will be heading to WDW November of this year. I'm so excited but also a bit overwhelmed. I'm so grateful I found this forum. It's so unbelievably useful! I have to admit I have my note pad out taking notes and jotting down things we need to get before we leave.

Thank you for already being an amazing helpful community!

As overwhelmed as I am I have to say I'm already starting to 'plan' when we'll go next :)

Has anyone used the Disney savings Account?

Don't know anything about the Disney Savings Account, but I echo your gratitude for the helpfulness of this board. A great planning tool!

Yes, I have and it was helpful because I could decide on the amount to save and the frequency. I also liked being able to see a visual of what I was saving. Last year, they offered A $20 giftcard for every $1000 you saved, but the length of time it had to accumulate in the vacation account made it difficult to get the $20 cards.

I came to the conclusion that buying gift cards at Target (for me) came out to be the better deal. I use my Target credit card and it saves 5%. I don't carry a balance because I make the purchase and then pay it completely off the at the customer service counter.
There are others who know how to get a much better "deal" with gift cards so hopefully they will respond.
I also purchase gift cards from the Disney store using my Disney Visa and I get 2% back as Disney Rewards.
I think it depends on how much work you are willing to do to save a little.

Has anyone used the Disney savings Account?[/QUOTE]

I'm a newbie too and excitedly planning my first trip for my two daughters and myself. There is so much helpful information on here! I've never even heard of the Disney Savings account but I do plan to use the Target Red Card method to get 5% off gift cards. Both my girls have birthdays between now and our trip and what better present could there be than having gift cards ready to buy their own things at Disney?? There are other people who have found ways of stacking discounts to get great deals on Disney giftcards over in the budget boards, but it was all a little intense for me at this point :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter