• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Spoodles Menu (Details/Prices in here)

We have May reservations. Thanks for the photos. I always get the steak, but the kabobs look fine.

I can't wait to have that snapper!!!!

My son loved the sausage pasta, it was fairly simple, maybe he would like to try that?? You can probably get it plain too.
I never thought that lemon chicken was anything special, just okay. These choices look great, different from most of the other Disney menus, which is a nice for a change.

We went back to Spoodles last night for dinner and sadly were a tad bit disapointed. We had such a wonderful meal Monday we brought friends back with us last night to try it. I found the service lacked and we had to ask many times for the same things, requests had to be restated, etc. Also the Cous Cous which we really enjoyed Monday was changed AGAIN, this time it had some meat in it, this was NOT noted on the menu. All I could think of is someone who had an issue with pork would not be too happy. Atleast I think it was pork in there.

The Waitress said the menu had changed as of Wenesday but the only changes we could see were the taste and that the servings had changed. We got alot less than we did on Monday and like I said the cous cous was very different and not noted as so on the menu. We asked for some without the meat and got a plate of it sitting in water with no seasoning. Yuck!

I am not saying I wouldn't try it again but I would be very clear to ask questions when ordering. And I did not want anyone to be disapointed with their dinner based on our description of Monday's meal.

Also they are undergoing renovations and have limited seating, Just heads up.

Thanks for the update. So they are renovating while people are eating? Where are the renovations taking place? Did you order the same food? Did your friends like their meal? What did they have? Sorry so many questions, just curious.

There was a large wooden wall placed across the room, before the pizza kitchen area. There were only 10-12 tables prior to the "wall". No work was going on but it took away from the view. There seemed to be some tables on the other side of the wall as we passed by the last door it was opened (the one next to the bakery) and there were some diners in there.

We ordered the exact same stuff, the menu was exactly the same as the one we were given Monday. The portions were noticable smaller and like I stated before the cous cous were very different. She said it was saffron cous cous when I questioned the meat and I said ok, but this is not saffron! We were very disapointed with our replacement but we didn't bother to send it back since we were getting full anyhow.

Overall it was just "ok", nothing was fresh and something to rave about as our meal Monday was.

Hi guys just an update. I was contacted by Chef Tony and a few things were discussed. First the menu is still being tweaked, therefore changes will happen. We did not know this and therefore I think this accounted for some of our disappointment. I assumed that because the menu was printed it was the same. I'm happy to hear things are being tweaked, it's great when a place changes things up, for some of us with OCD (well not really but sometimes I think I do) it can throw you off but I love change and since we visit WDW so frequently I'd love to be able to go somewhere and have something different every time.
Overall it seems that there are just some growing pains going on and that's understandable. I guess my disappointment came from not knowing and now that I do I'm satisfied. =o)
I do not want anyone to change their plans based on our experience Thursday, like anywhere it could have been an off night. We personally plan on dining again at Spoodles and just know to ask questions in the future.

As for our friends they enjoyed their meal, except for the cous cous, but they looked at me like I had two heads because my descriptions were off. I reminded them I took pictures Monday, proof I told them I was not telling a fish story...lol. Her husband had the pasta dish and enjoyed it.

Chef Tony also mentioned that the portion sizes may not have been correct Thursday and that they are training a few new chefs on being able to handle many sections of the line. So mistakes can happen, also understandable.

I liken it to anywhere else we would dine, once a bad time, ignore it, twice ask questions and speak to a chef, third time question myself...lol. So we will go back. And I hope you guys give it a try as well. I was pleasantly surprised Monday night with how wonderful our meal was that I think the smaller things got me down Thursday. I'll post back next time we are in the world and give Spoodles a run.

Thanks for posting!

I was interested in eating at Spoodles on our next trip, but now I think I'll wait to see some pictures of the new entrees. I was leaning towards the strip steak, so I'm curious how the steak kababs compare. Also it's a little dissapointing not seeing fettucinni alfredo anymore. But, on the plus side, the pork chop sounds tempting.

Bring on the pics ...

we just ate here last saturday and my son had the fettucine alfredo? it was on the menu.

oh and my dd was so disappointed that the kids can no longer do the pizza dough. cm said they could not afford all that dough? now they just pick a chef of the day, have no idea because we did not see this.

We have ressies for Spoodles first week of May & when I saw the menu changes I was about to cancel them & try either Boma. Cape May, Mama Melrose or Chefs du France instead. We have an 8 yr old nephew who I feel would feel cheated if there weren't some some adult food for him on the menu. Does anyone have any info on the kid's menu?

We have been WDW many times as adults but this is the first time we will be with a child, my 9 yr old nephew. This is his first trip to WDW since he was 2 so it's kinda like his "first trip". I really want to make it special for him since he moved far away from us 2 years ago & this is the first time I've seen him since then & it will probably be a long time before I'll see him again.

Our table service ressies: Wolfgang Puck's Cafe, Spoodles, Le Cellier, Kona, Whispering Canyons....We're very open to suggetions...THANKS

I too am considering changing, but will wait a little. We are staying at the BWV, so it would be convenient. I ate here in Feb and all was good. I'm on the fence about this one. We are in WDW 12 nights, so I've pretty much got everyplace I want to eat on my list. :confused3

It's funny how change freaks people out. I think this menu sounds exciting!
My dh will miss the salmon, but there are so many more choices. A nice pork chop will be a good change from the beef steaks disney has everywhere. I am suprised anyone will miss the fettucini alfredo - I had it once and was not really impressed. I was thinking of skipping Spoodles next trip, but will probably be adding it back on! Live a little...change is good!

It's funny how change freaks people out. I think this menu sounds exciting!
My dh will miss the salmon, but there are so many more choices. A nice pork chop will be a good change from the beef steaks disney has everywhere. I am suprised anyone will miss the fettucini alfredo - I had it once and was not really impressed. I was thinking of skipping Spoodles next trip, but will probably be adding it back on! Live a little...change is good!

I couldn't agree with you more!!

The kids menu included Beef Kabobs with Sweet Potato fries, Beefaroni, Pizza, Grilled Chicken, etc. I know they also had soup or a salad or fruit for the appie and a sundae or mouse for dessert. My brother who normally hates kids menus liked his dinner.

That sounds pretty good for my 8 yr old. Maybe we'll just stick with our plans & give it a try. Sounds better than most of the choices at the other restaurants except for the buffets...Thanks!

Since we are not going until August, I will hang onto our ADR a little longer to see if the menu changes again. Thanks for the heads up!

We just returned from a wonderfull week at Disney World. Just wanted to give a heads up to the Dis that they changed the menu last week at Spoodles. I had the steak-kabobs and pops had the red snapper, I believe. Service was wonderfull and the food was good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter