New Ride Names

OMG, these are too funny.

I had a woman come up to me at the AK and ask if it was the MK. When I said no, she wanted to know if she could walk there.

My biggest pet peeve is when people call the MK, Disney World... as in today we're going to Disney World and tomorrow we'll be at EPCOT. :rolleyes:

Roberta
*Imagine... only 8 days, 22 hours and 29 minutes till WDW!*

I dislike the MK as "Disneyworld" too. I was planning a trip for one of my good friends. They were going to Orlando for her dd cheer comp. and they only had 3 to 4 days free. They wanted to do US/IOA and go to "disneyworld". I cnat tell you how many times I had to explain as I told her what each park had how it was all Disneyworld. They wanted to go to "Disneyworld" and 1 other park--probably MGM.
To top it off they went on their trip and did US/IOA and never went to 1 Disney park!! I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get over that---lol.

A few months ago we went to Magic Kingdom for Early Entry.
We went on Buzz a few times and then I asked a CM if Thunder Mountain Railroad was open for Early Entry.
He said, "You mean BIG Thunder Mountain Railroad?"
I said, "No, LITTLE Thunder Mountain Railroad."
We laughed.
Then he told us it WAS opened for Early Entry but it isn't.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Thanks, Safari Steve! Those are hilarious--you just made my Monday not so bad. I wish I was on any of those "steamships to the parking lot" right now.....

Another thumbs down for MK being referred to as just Disney!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm glad this post has been bumped to top again!!!

On our last trip we had my mother-in-law with and when entering Tommorowland she said she wanted to check out the ride with the Power Ranger standing in front of it...

It was actually Buzz Lightyear...

I've already posted this on another thread but it made me laugh so much that I thought it was worth repeating here ....

A (very dear) friend of mine was visiting WDW for the first time (I had been 4 or 5 times by then) and was going to be staying "near to WDW" (travel agent/brochure speak). Now, for those of us in England "near" means "near". However, in America "near" means a 20 minute drive! She told me that once they arrived, depending how close they were she would probably walk to the parks ....! I very gently explained to her that she would need to board a tram from the car park to the entrance .... We have shared a lot of giggles about this since.

Also, and this will amuse the English among us, whilst at a restaurant near Cocoa Beach about 8 years ago we got chatting with our server. We told him we lived on the edges of London and Essex and he said "Oh I know someone in Clacton-on-Sea, perhaps you know her - her name is *******"? Now Clacton is definitely in Essex but about 65 miles from where I live and although I don't know the exact number of people who live there, the chances of knowing someone in the next street is remote!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter