New Pixie Dust Pass is a Joke

When I became a passholder 2 years ago, I specifically bought the weekday select pass and found taking weekday vacations to WDW to be fantastic! Arrive Monday after the weekend crowds went home, leave Thursday before the weekend crowds arrive. It fits my life perfectly! Only reason I upgraded to Gold was for the photopass but now with the new APs, I'll probably go back to the Pixie Dust pass and add-on photopass.
It's perfect for me, I have no complaints. I wouldn't want to be in-park on weekends anyway.

This is what happens when you use a non-straight forward naming convention. When it was called the Weekday Select pass everyone who saw it knew it was just for weekdays. Now that its called the Pixie Dust Pass you end up in this situation.

But but .... I like that now my pass has a themed name. I will be part of :tink:Team Pixie Dust! I mean seriously why would you spend $400 plus on something and not read what it's all about. I won't even order off a menu without reading the description. And if you read, and you don't like the ingredients, pick something else.

No one has mentioned another significant group - couples of ANY age without kids. I had this pass for many years. We would only plan trips around weekdays - it's way too busy on wknds, plus hotels are cheaper mid week as well. Lots of child-free folks who like to vacation and aren't affected by school schedules or holidays may prefer this pass. I switched from WDW to UO these days, but if I ever did go back to WDW, that's the pass I'd pick.

Last edited:

I’ve been buying the Weekday Select Pass for several years and will switch over to the Pixie Dust when I need to. I prefer going to the park on less busy days. Yes, I’m a snowbird and I come in from another area of FL so I do wish I got more than 3 park reservation days. I also don’t like losing MLK Jr and Presidents’ Day as options. It is far from worthless for me, though. It makes WDW into a reasonably priced vacay for me. I would stop going if it wasn’t an option.

Not really some of us Floridians have to work. too How do you think we afford Disney? The majority of Floridians probably go on a weekends. This particular pass has so many days blocked off that it is ridic·u·lous. Retirees maybe. But that's it. I think these passes are not great for anybody.

And I'm really sad that the After 4 Epcot pass is gone
I agree about the Epcot. I never had one, but could really see how it would be attractive to locals who want to eat at Epcot after work or school.

We live in Pa however spend three months a year in Florida. We are able to get the Florida rate due to our property and I grabbed the PIxie pass. It was a great value for us. We will be using it this December and will get 11 days with the pass so the cost is a bargain. We are giving up disney weekends and will be visiting Universal and Gatorland(our daughter has wanted to visit Gatorland for years)instead. We will use the same passes for October 2022 which makes the deal even better.
I keep forgetting about Gatorland… I want to go also AND I think they have a night tour with flashlights!
Another fun location would be the Gaylord Resort You would have to pay for parking ($$j to watch their interior light extravaganza show!
They also create themed events for Easter or Summer, etc but the Xmas Holidsys are the best.
I love to book an interior courtyard balcony room .With their interior landscaping you can sit on balcony with French doors open and watch the activity . I see people relaxing and reading a book.Also guests decorate their room interiors and balconies for Halloween and Xmas …It is fun to “see” into their rooms .The distance makes it safe and not like you are being creepy . But they have a nightly light show that is as much fun as the fireworks without worry about weather, etc! This hotel knows how to keep guests happy with the theming!
And they have a Sports Bar with double decker balcony huge TV Screens forgreat seating. And outdoor huge fireplaces with grassy courtyard and a new water theme park!

We stayed at Gaylord in Tennessee and had a great time. They had the Christmas Story when we went it was a lot of fun. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to look into it.

I use to have Tue/Thur off but my kids were in school. We are from Tampa. So now, daughter is at UCF and mentioned getting a Disney pass. I just looked at this Pixie Pass for Florida residents and it is an absolute joke!!! Every single weekend is blocked. I get the holidays, Spring break (which is her birthday week), etc. But FL residents who work Mon-Fri or have students Mon-Fri can't benefit from this pass at all. It's an absolute joke unless you homeschool, stay-at-home parent with non-school age kids, retired, etc. I am disappointed in Disney.
Ummmm . . . then don't buy that pass. No one is forcing you into that one. There are four levels of passes with different degrees of blackout dates. Picking out the most highly discounted pass and complaining that it doesn't allow you to go the parks on the same days that the more expensive ones do is just silly. You might as well just complain that the pirate pass doesn't allow you to go over Christmas and other holiday breaks. Disney has been offering this pass for years and years. Clearly there are enough people who are happy to get a larger discount for going only during the week.

We are empty nester/not yet retired/flexible work schedule people. We've been enjoying the Weekday Select Pass for the last 3 years, and I was very happy and relieved that this lower price bracket was still included in the new AP structure. If this pass is a joke, I guess I get the punch line, lol.

We didn't mind that summers were not included before, but now that it is included, it will mean we'll be able to visit with our grandchildren sometimes when we wouldn't have been able to before. Score!

Likely a 'weekday' pass is intended to help level out the crowds that normally go on weekends. Makes sense to me if weekends are already full from those with AP's or on vacation. If it is only good M-F, then someone who won't have those days free shouldn't buy one.

It’s not for you.

Pour one out for non-FL residents who are forced to pay in full up front for the top tier pass, THEN complain.

Yes! Went to price the Incredi-pass for our family of 8 = $11,068 or almost $12,000 with the waterpark option added. Please, I would love to purchase a weekday select pass.

BTW they aren't FORCED to buy anything, they choose to.

I mean, same with the OP.

I can't imagine there is a huge pool for these, but they must sell to someone.

There is a huge pool; that's why they sell them. It's just not YOUR pool.

Not really some of us Floridians have to work. too

Sure. But there are many poeple in a big state like Florida who don't all work 12 hour shifts monday through friday. There are those who work 8 hour shifts and can fit in a short park visit the same day. There are people working 4 day weeks with at least one day off during the week. People who work graveyard shift and have the energy to hit a park after work sometimes. Etc.

Just because something is called a FLORIDA Resident pass doesn't mean all Floridians are their market. There is a very large market for this pass which is why they kept it.

Exactly.

the majority demographic in the Orlando area is not retirees.

It's a Florida pass, not an Orlando pass. When passes were at a decent price range my cousins on the coast would hit the parks during the week quite often. They lvoed the epcot after 4 pass, even though they weren't in Orlando.

But but .... I like that now my pass has a themed name. I will be part of :tink:Team Pixie Dust! I mean seriously why would you spend $400 plus on something and not read what it's all about. I won't even order off a menu without reading the description. And if you read, and you don't like the ingredients, pick something else.

Yep. It's like the cheapest tickets on airlines. People want that cheap ticket, and complain that they have to pay more to choose seats. Right. If you need to choose seats, this isn't the level for you. Choose the next level up.

No one has mentioned another significant group - couples of ANY age without kids.

*People* of any age without kids. People who take a day off of work while their kids are in school, even.

Yes! Went to price the Incredi-pass for our family of 8 = $11,068 or almost $12,000 with the waterpark option added. Please, I would love to purchase a weekday select pass.

I have to know ... did you buy them? :faint:

I didn't look at the passes until the commercial came on TV (been absent from the boards for a long time). Hubby pointed out the commercial and said $19 a month, let's get DD one. Both my DD and DS live in Orlando and attend UCF. The commercial markets the pass as a "Florida Resident Pass" not a weekday pass. I've never looked at the weekday pass in the past because in 18 years of living here, my four kiddos have attended school Mon-Fri. My DD is the youngest and just graduated from high school this past spring.

So, based on what I learned about the "Pixie Dust Pass" we'll just continue to get ours from MacDill AFB for the few times that we go to the park. I know there is a student ticket office at UCF that my son and his friends got a 3 day universal pass from last year, so will have to see what Disney pass prices are with them.

My husband is a couple years short of being labeled a senior citizen, but like most "young senior citizens" will continue to work as long as possible.

For those unfamiliar with UCF, it has the largest population of students with enrollment last year at 68,563.

I use to have Tue/Thur off but my kids were in school. We are from Tampa. So now, daughter is at UCF and mentioned getting a Disney pass. I just looked at this Pixie Pass for Florida residents and it is an absolute joke!!! Every single weekend is blocked. I get the holidays, Spring break (which is her birthday week), etc. But FL residents who work Mon-Fri or have students Mon-Fri can't benefit from this pass at all. It's an absolute joke unless you homeschool, stay-at-home parent with non-school age kids, retired, etc. I am disappointed in Disney.
So those people it is good for should get it. You should get a pass that doesn't have blackout dates that you don't want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter