New Pixie Dust Pass is a Joke

4kids4karen

DIS Veteran
I use to have Tue/Thur off but my kids were in school. We are from Tampa. So now, daughter is at UCF and mentioned getting a Disney pass. I just looked at this Pixie Pass for Florida residents and it is an absolute joke!!! Every single weekend is blocked. I get the holidays, Spring break (which is her birthday week), etc. But FL residents who work Mon-Fri or have students Mon-Fri can't benefit from this pass at all. It's an absolute joke unless you homeschool, stay-at-home parent with non-school age kids, retired, etc. I am disappointed in Disney.

I use to have Tue/Thur off but my kids were in school. We are from Tampa. So now, daughter is at UCF and mentioned getting a Disney pass. I just looked at this Pixie Pass for Florida residents and it is an absolute joke!!! Every single weekend is blocked. I get the holidays, Spring break (which is her birthday week), etc. But FL residents who work Mon-Fri or have students Mon-Fri can't benefit from this pass at all. It's an absolute joke unless you homeschool, stay-at-home parent with non-school age kids, retired, etc. I am disappointed in Disney.
The Pixie Dust pass is the former Weekday Select Pass which also block out weekends.

They've had a weekday pass for years, and I actually have friends that love it. They stay home with their preschoolers so weekdays were their favorite park days. I don't think it's a joke - it just suits a different demographic than you.

We both work more traditional hours so the weekday pass doesn't work for us.

It’s not for you.

Pour one out for non-FL residents who are forced to pay in full up front for the top tier pass, THEN complain.

As erionm says they took an existing pass, made a few changes and changed the name. The changes they made actually open up many non-school days for use. Disney clearly saw it as popular and a market for it. I am actually going from a Platinum down to the Pixie as I'm happy with the new open dates. And the price means I can add Water Parks & Fun PLUS Universal 2 Park AP for the price of the Sorcerer pass. Water Parks and Universal have no block out dates so any given trip we can go to a park every day.

I am VERY happy and think it's a huge value!!!

It’s not for you.

Pour one out for non-FL residents who are forced to pay in full up front for the top tier pass, THEN complain.
Perks of living in paradise and having to deal with snowbirds every year I guess. BTW they aren't FORCED to buy anything, they choose to.

If they had at least a few weekends available I might be tempted to get one but NO weekends makes it pointless for my crew. I can't imagine there is a huge pool for these, but they must sell to someone.

We live in Pa however spend three months a year in Florida. We are able to get the Florida rate due to our property and I grabbed the PIxie pass. It was a great value for us. We will be using it this December and will get 11 days with the pass so the cost is a bargain. We are giving up disney weekends and will be visiting Universal and Gatorland(our daughter has wanted to visit Gatorland for years)instead. We will use the same passes for October 2022 which makes the deal even better.

The homeschooling, SAHP with preschoolers and retirees are the target market for this pass. It's too bad that it doesn't work well for your daughter. The Pirate AP has some weekend block outs plus holiday block outs but it could work for her. You would just have to spend more to get more.

It's not a joke just because it's not for your lifestyle. It's perfect for the majority of Floridians who live on social security and have nothing but free time.

Not really some of us Floridians have to work. too How do you think we afford Disney? The majority of Floridians probably go on a weekends. This particular pass has so many days blocked off that it is ridic·u·lous. Retirees maybe. But that's it. I think these passes are not great for anybody.

And I'm really sad that the After 4 Epcot pass is gone

Last edited:
Not really some of us Floridians have to work. too How do you think we afford Disney? The majority of Floridians probably go on a weekends. This particular pass has so many days blocked off that it is
ridic·u·lous.
Some people work weekends and have their days off during the week. Some people work a night shift and they hit the parks in the AM just like people who work traditional hours might visit a park in the evening after work. Heck, my sister is a nurse and works 3 10-hour shifts Friday - Sunday. The Pixie Pass would be perfect for her if she lived near the parks.

But that's not the majority of Floridians. Personally if you are health care worker after the year that's gone down, they should get in the parks for free or least at a discount. I do have a friend whose husband works as a teacher and Sea world gives them a fantastic discount. They go all the time there. Disney I think they've been once.

While the Pixie pass is a good price on the base. I don't think it would work for me. And I can't wrap around paying more for more block days on the other pass. Also for me it's the Chicka -fil-a syndrome, you always want to go when you can't

I see itt being a great option for seniors also who want to enjoy the parks but avoid them on weekends.

Hey, hey, hey .... :rotfl2:I'm not that old or am I? We have come to dislike the weekend crowds so normally used those days to travel, sit on the beach etc - doing parks M-F. And we had Platinum.

It's not a joke just because it's not for your lifestyle. It's perfect for the majority of Floridians who live on social security and have nothing but free time.

Not really some of us Floridians have to work. too How do you think we afford Disney? The majority of Floridians probably go on a weekends. This particular pass has so many days blocked off that it is ridic·u·lous. Retirees maybe. But that's it. I think these passes are not great for anybody.

You all are saying two different things. Eeyore was saying "majority of seniors on SS" not "majority of Floridians". You are both right.

Some people work weekends and have their days off during the week. Some people work a night shift and they hit the parks in the AM just like people who work traditional hours might visit a park in the evening after work. Heck, my sister is a nurse and works 3 10-hour shifts Friday - Sunday. The Pixie Pass would be perfect for her if she lived near the parks.

YES^ Orlando area is very much a service industry, tourist industry, medical industry where MANY
have non-traditional schedules and could make good use of this. I know many who work at home there and can be quite flexible with their days, even adults who can spend a few hours at parks while kids are at school. I know many who grab their kids after school and head to the park for rest of afternoon and evening.

Just because something is called a FLORIDA Resident pass doesn't mean all Floridians are their market. There is a very large market for this pass which is why they kept it.

What is really ridic-u-lous is that you label the non-retired population in Florida as a majority of Floridians...
Pixie-Dust pass is fine. It's just not for some groups.

They obviously don't need more weekend visitors.

But that's not the majority of Floridians. Personally if you are health care worker after the year that's gone down, they should get in the parks for free or least at a discount. I do have a friend whose husband works as a teacher and Sea world gives them a fantastic discount. They go all the time there. Disney I think they've been once.

While the Pixie pass is a good price on the base. I don't think it would work for me. And I can't wrap around paying more for more block days on the other pass. Also for me it's the Chicka -fil-a syndrome, you always want to go when you can't
As a fellow Floridian I agree this doesn't appeal to me or likely most locals as contrary to popular belief, the majority demographic in the Orlando area is not retirees.

But it must appeal to someone or they wouldn't sell it.
What is really ridic-u-lous is that you label the non-retired population in Florida as a majority of Floridians...

Actually you are wrong.

About 61% of the population in the Orlando area are 20-59. A lot of college kids (GO KNIGHTS!!) and young families. People 60 or older make up about 15% and the rest are kids. Median age, 34.5. Not sure what retirement age is where you live but I doubt it's 34.5.
Source:
https://censusreporter.org/profiles/16000US1253000-orlando-fl/
And in Florida, as of July 2019, according to facts and not snarky opinion, a little over 20% are over the age of 65.

Source:

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/FL
EDITED TO REMAIN POLITE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter