New pirate makeover experience!

HI Brenna- are they aloud to bring swords in the park-- of course they are not real, I bought them @ Joann fabric--they look pretty cool and are about 24-26 inches long.

They give you a sword as part of the package so I would think they would let them in.

One option is the pink: one side has a pink/black/white design, the other side is pink/white.

The other option is the red: one side has a black/red design, the other side is grey/black.

Thank you, Brenna! That helps. Either bandana will go with the shirts I bought :thumbsup2

I had one more question for you. I am thinking of booking an empress package for myself to do along with my DD. I was wondering if we can sit side by side, and if I would still have plenty of opportunities to take pics of her while I am getting my makeup done? And I think I may have asked this before (but of course forgot!), but are there adult sized bandanas? My hair is thick and don't know if the bandana would stay on my head? :confused3 TIA and I hope we get to see you in February! :woohoo:

I was wondering if we can sit side by side, and if I would still have plenty of opportunities to take pics of her while I am getting my makeup done?

After you get your pirate name, ask to sit together. Depending on how busy it is you may have to wait a little longer for two chairs to become available side by side, but if it's slower then it would be no problem. Lots of parents take pictures during their transformation of the wee ones on either side! :thumbsup2

And I think I may have asked this before (but of course forgot!), but are there adult sized bandanas? My hair is thick and don't know if the bandana would stay on my head? :confused3 TIA and I hope we get to see you in February! :woohoo:

We do not sell adult bandana specifically, but I've never heard of our bandanas not fitting someone's head and we've had our fair share of adults with all shapes of heads. So I wouldn't worry about it!

Brenna....we saw you on Friday!!! My son was suppose to do the experience, but said he didn't want to and cancelled that day, but.... as we were coming out of POTC you were explaining how another pirate was transforming a little boy into a pirate. There was a little girl dressed up as a cat watching too, and you commented how cats are pirates friends, keeping away the rats and all. I was there w/my 3 boys, 8, 2 and 6 months, my mom, dad and cousins...I wanted to go up and ask you a question or something to say hi, but there were several guests watching :rotfl:

A couple years too late for my girls but I'm happy for all the non-princessy girls and boys out there!! :)

After you get your pirate name, ask to sit together. Depending on how busy it is you may have to wait a little longer for two chairs to become available side by side, but if it's slower then it would be no problem. Lots of parents take pictures during their transformation of the wee ones on either side! :thumbsup2

We do not sell adult bandana specifically, but I've never heard of our bandanas not fitting someone's head and we've had our fair share of adults with all shapes of heads. So I wouldn't worry about it!

Thank you Brenna! :thumbsup2

Hi,
I just booked the 50% captains package as a suprise for my 6 year old son.
I know the pirate leauge is located in MK, but can some tell me where in MK exactly?
TIA:goodvibes

Brenna....we saw you on Friday!!! There was a little girl dressed up as a cat watching too, and you commented how cats are pirates friends, keeping away the rats and all.

Haha - I remember this!! Its too bad your lad opted out, it does happen a lot.

Hi,
I just booked the 50% captains package as a suprise for my 6 year old son.
I know the pirate leauge is located in MK, but can some tell me where in MK exactly?
TIA:goodvibes

If you go to The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, it is right next door before you get to the merchandise shop. It's hidden pretty well, but if you make it to the attraction they can point you right to the Quartermaster's Desk.

I've had a scan through the thread & have only found a picture of the lacy, pink, girls' pirate dress- are there any other options for girls please & what size do they go up to?

Do they take photopass pics like BBB while you are getting made over?

Denise in MI

I've had a scan through the thread & have only found a picture of the lacy, pink, girls' pirate dress- are there any other options for girls please & what size do they go up to?

The Maiden dress that you saw runs from a Youth S (6) through Youth XL (14-16) but it does run really small, and the skirt is pretty short so many like to wear leggings with in.

There is also a Buccaneer option for girls (it's ironically common for boys too). It is a burgundy outfit with pants. This one runs in the same sizes, but I believe it also has an XS (4-5).

The other options is a pirate garb shirt (no pants) - which you may see on Adults, but it also runs in youth sizes.

Do they take photopass pics like BBB while you are getting made over?

Yes and no. There is not a photographer in the room while the makeover is occurring, but guests are welcome to take as many images they want. Near the end of the experience there is a photo taken and it is printed as apart of the package cost.

1 pose, 1 portrait (first mate, empress)
2 poses, 3 portraits (captain, empress with costume)

The Maiden dress that you saw runs from a Youth S (6) through Youth XL (14-16) but it does run really small, and the skirt is pretty short so many like to wear leggings with in.

There is also a Buccaneer option for girls (it's ironically common for boys too). It is a burgundy outfit with pants. This one runs in the same sizes, but I believe it also has an XS (4-5).

The other options is a pirate garb shirt (no pants) - which you may see on Adults, but it also runs in youth sizes.

Yes and no. There is not a photographer in the room while the makeover is occurring, but guests are welcome to take as many images they want. Near the end of the experience there is a photo taken and it is printed as apart of the package cost.

1 pose, 1 portrait (first mate, empress)
2 poses, 3 portraits (captain, empress with costume)

Can that photo be added to your photopass, like other pics can (like dinner pics?)

Can that photo be added to your photopass, like other pics can (like dinner pics?)

Yep! When you check out you will be given your photopass number on the receipt (it cannot be scanned to a card) but you can use that number to look at the images on-line or to visit expo hall and have the images added to your card.

This may be somewhere on the boards or in this thread, but it's late, and I'm lazy.:laughing:

How far in advance can you book this? Wanted to do it last time but was on somewhat of a budget and had already thrown a good chunk of money at the Poly.:upsidedow

I was wondering what sizes the costumes come in? Do they have adult sizes if they opt for the Grand Empress? Thinking of dd and me doing this when we are there next month. DD is 12 and tall for her age.
Thanks!

How far in advance can you book this?

It works like dining, so I assume it's 180 days now.

I was wondering what sizes the costumes come in? Do they have adult sizes if they opt for the Grand Empress.

The only adult option is the Garb shirt that run from an Adult S-XL (it does run pretty big).

If you get this shirt with the Empress package then it will be paired with a bandana. If you get the shirt with the Captain's package it will be paired with the Captain Jack hat with dreads.

Hi all!

I just wanted to say we had a great experience at the Pirate League!

Here is a bit about it from my TR...

We entered the Pirate League and were greeted by the wonderful CMs who are all in character with their British accents and distinct personalities. I think DH and I were more excited than DD! :banana:

First she was taken to get her Pirate name. She turned a crank on a drum that held blocks with letters on it and they pulled them out and asked her month of birth and from that she became.....

Disney2009208.jpg

Disney2009209.jpg

Disney2009211.jpg

Jade Backscratcher!

I can tell you that DD did not like the backscratcher part but liked the Jade! So off we went to the makeover area. It is really cool in there and much larger than BBB! The room is full of great details and props. Disney went all out for this experience! The CMs are all so wonderful. We were lucky enough to get Pirate Brenna who is I think happens to be on the DIS. She was awesome and while for some reason DD got the shy bug during her makeover, Brenna kept chatting her up and doing her thing. I was having so much fun.

Disney2009219.jpg

Disney2009221.jpg

After she was made into a pirate, Pirate Brenna had her recite an oath and then screamed "WE HAVE A NEW PIRATE" and the whole room erupted in applause and hoots! It was great! pirate:

Disney2009228.jpg

After Brenna was done we went over to another Pirate and he taught DD how to wear her sword and then sent us into the secret room...and this is where my details will end because we have been sworn to secrecy ;) But I will say that we got a great photo in that room and when I get my photopass CD I will post it. I was not allowed to take pics in the room and DH had to put his video camera away! I loved this aspect of the experience and I strongly suggest a ressie at the Pirate league no matter boy, girl, young or old!! It was an incredible experience and well worth the cost in my opinion :thumbsup2 DH originally had an appointment as well but we cancelled it. I think he was totally jealous and regretted that we cancelled!:lmao:

After we were led out of the secret room we received our picture and the Pirate Pledge certificate. All the CMs we encountered during this experience were great!

Disney2009233.jpg

Disney2009234.jpg

Disney2009235.jpg

I cannot rave enough about this experience! A big thank you to Brenna. You and your fellow Pirates are awesome!

Thanks for posting the pics, BreezysMom! How old is your daughter? Mine are 9 and 12 and I had been wondering how an older girl would look. Also, her outfit is perfect for the experience. It gives me some ideas.

Thanks for posting the pics, BreezysMom! How old is your daughter? Mine are 9 and 12 and I had been wondering how an older girl would look. Also, her outfit is perfect for the experience. It gives me some ideas.

She is almost 9. That was a perfect outfit for that day. She wore a tank top and shorts underneath. It was nice and light for the hot weather that day but we also had packed leggins and a long sleeve shirt just in case it was a chilly night!

We saw many girls with the same Pirate outfit that night! I got it from the Spirit Halloween Store but I have seen it on almost every costume website :thumbsup2

Thats a wonderful review of the pirate league. I hope to take my DD on our next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter