New pirate makeover experience!

I am so excited! We will be in the PL on 9/22 before we go to MNSSHP! I can't wait!
Brenna - Thank you so much for all the information you have given to us! I hope we see you on Tuesday!

I come in early afternoon on the 22nd - make sure to come up and say HI! I'm working the entire party, so if I miss you during your appointment, you can come back to get candy at night!!

Made reservations for my two little pirates on 12/15. Hope we get Brenna!! We are going at 10 a.m. We have reservations at 1900 park fare later that night and DS is hoping his makeup is still good so Cinderella won't come near him :lmao:

Brenna, had to come back and post the biggest compliment yet. My 13 year old DD (we were there on 9/4 -- I posted earlier) just informed me tonight that when we go back to Disney, she'd like me to make another appointment for her at PL! :banana: :yay: Please let Katie, Nick and the gentleman in the picture below (whose name I can't remember) know that all their hard work has paid off. They have a fan for life.

P9040178.jpg

Sorry for the size of the pic -- I forgot to resize before I posted

I can't decide on what pirate costume to do for my DD--I just won one tonight on ebay-Elizabeth Swann costume from the park it said...or have my neighbor make one?????!!!!!! DD will be a pirate on Halloween also, now I have to find one for DS--I know that I will buy him one-no problem getting one on either ebay or finding one somewhere near me...but now the neighbor thinks she should make a costume for me (DH has a Hook costume) Wonder if I should!

My DS (6) has an appointment at 9 a.m. on 12/16 and we are so excited! Poor guy has suffered through enough BBB appointments.

But I'm wondering if he should come dressed in his costume or just bring it and will we be able to get in the park a bit early since we need to be there 15 minutes early? Anyone dealt with this?

Thanks!

I'm doing the full package with my godson (7) on December 15th (we have a 9:30 AM appointment). Are there pictures anywhere of the costume choices? Is it the full costume (pants & shirt) - or is there some part of it I'll want to make sure he has to make it complete?

pirate:

PrincessKsMom - That's David in the picture. I'll be sure to tell all three of them!

Here is the link to the WDW site for the Pirate League:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/pirates-league/

I'm not sure if this was posted for any specific person, but that's one nice looking red head in the background ;)

But I'm wondering if he should come dressed in his costume or just bring it and will we be able to get in the park a bit early since we need to be there 15 minutes early? Anyone dealt with this?

Since you have the first appointment of the day you can just bring your costume and use one of our powder rooms. I am not sure if they're letting people into the park early... but they do let everyone into the park at 8:55 so you'll still be able to get to the Adventureland bridge by 9. Just go up to the front to a Jungle Cruise skipper and say you have an appointment and eventually a pirate will show up to walk you over.

I'm doing the full package with my godson (7) on December 15th (we have a 9:30 AM appointment). Are there pictures anywhere of the costume choices? Is it the full costume (pants & shirt) - or is there some part of it I'll want to make sure he has to make it complete?

There are tons of links throughout this thread with pictures... but there is not one single site that has all of them shown. The best one is here!

Thanks, Berlioz70!

Blue is his favorite color, so it's good to see the Captain Jack outfit in blue! I think this will make him very, very happy! pirate: He was worried he'd have to wear black or red (his SISTER'S favorite color - God forbid!) :lmao:

I am so excited.... I have appointments for all three of my little ones on Christmas Eve at 1:30. WooHoo!!

Stephanie

Couple of questions.

Can you just buy pirate hats a la carte, or only with a costume. I was thinking of making a cute pirate shirt for my son, but thought he might look cute in a hat, too. :lovestruc We can always bring one from home...

We have a big family, but I think only my 4 yo son will be doing the PL, is there somewhere that the others can wait?

I think he'll love this. We aren't going until April, but he wants to be Hook for Halloween and really likes pirates at the moment. He's always singing, "You'll love the life of a thief, you'll relish the life of a crook. There isn't a boy who wouldn't enjoy working for Captain Hook.":thumbsup2

TIA!

My DDs are so excited - I've made reservations for 12/23 for them:cool1:

They've done BBB before but decided this is far cooler (think they're past the 'princess' phase). We weren't planning on visiting MK this trip but this swung it :thumbsup2

Brenna - thanks for all your wonderful information :)

Can you just buy pirate hats a la carte, or only with a costume.

We sell two or three different hats within the Pirates League, there are also pirate hats sold in the Pirates Bazaar shop.

We have a big family, but I think only my 4 yo son will be doing the PL, is there somewhere that the others can wait?

There sure is - we have some plundered chests left by the East India Trading Company perfect for a crew to watch from.

Brenna - thanks for all your wonderful information :)

You're very welcome - just glad to help out!!

More than once today the kids and I have said "We miss the League!!!" (and Hannah reminded us all that next time, forget being a princess, she wants to be a pirate too!!!)

I was only able to get 2 of my 3 kids in to do makeover. My oldest volunteered to do her on pirate makeover. Question: Is there someplace close where she can do her on makeup while the other 2 get theirs done. Or should she do that before we get to the park. MNSSHP is all we are doing that day. Thanks in advance for advice.

My DS (7) has an appointment on Oct. 6th at 6:00. This is a surprise trip and I can hardly wait. I hope 2 see you Brenna :goodvibes

Question: Is there someplace close where she can do her on makeup while the other 2 get theirs done. Or should she do that before we get to the park.

The only place would be in a restroom, so if she wants to have space and time I'd recommend doing it beforehand. What time is your appointment? The last appointments of the day (7:25 ish) are sometimes able to sneak in an extra person, but that depends on how long the wait is by that point.

My DS (7) has an appointment on Oct. 6th at 6:00. This is a surprise trip and I can hardly wait. I hope 2 see you Brenna :goodvibes

I'll be there! By that point I'm usually stationed up front, but I will at least get to see you for a short time in passing.

The only place would be in a restroom, so if she wants to have space and time I'd recommend doing it beforehand. What time is your appointment? The last appointments of the day (7:25 ish) are sometimes able to sneak in an extra person, but that depends on how long the wait is by that point.

Thanks for your reply. Our appointment is at 6:40.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter