New package recieving charge at resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamEvansGo

Mouseketeer
Just read about the new $5 per package charge that is being implemented at the resorts. I was wondering if that is something I will have to pay for when I pick up the package from bell services or something that will be added to my room charges at the end of my stay. I plan on getting a couple things delivered (stroller, water, food etc.) so it would be nice to not have to whip out my credit card every time I pick something up from the front desk.

What has been reported so far, is that the fee is charged for packages delivered to the Front Desk, not for packages left with Bell Services. A stroller delivery is usually to Bell Services. Food & water will depend on where you order it from
I don't know how they charge, but if it is the front desk I would think it would be a room charge.

Good info but yes, still think it's another money grab by WDW!:rolleyes1

I didn't read the referred to posts, but I disagree with you.
With the amount of packages being shipped to the resorts, there is a large increase in handling costs. Staff need to be scheduled to process the packages. There are storage needs for the packages. Disney needs to cover their costs. It is easy but unfair and inaccurate to label everything new they do as "money grabbing".

With the amount of packages being shipped to the resorts, there is a large increase in handling costs. Staff need to be scheduled to process the packages. There are storage needs for the packages. Disney needs to cover their costs. It is easy but unfair and inaccurate to label everything new they do as "money grabbing".

That's exactly what the referred to posts say. ;)

Oh I have no issues if someone disagrees with my opinion, because that's what it is - my opinion. We should all feel free to express our opinions, have a nice day!

Good info but yes, still think it's another money grab by WDW!:rolleyes1

I agree in parts with both of you. While I don't expect Disney to eat the costs of receiving and distributing packages, I also hate the feeling of being nickle and dimed. Especially at Disney. I would rather they build it into the cost of the room. I don't want Disney to start acting like a discount airline!

The charges are yet another thing that has happened from wanting more for less. Disney is losing out for every case of water, stroller, or snacks that get shipped to the resort. On top of that they lose out even more when they have to create more roles and staff them just to keep up with the demand. This was one of those small courtesies that was extended to help people staying on property and suddenly that courtesy became a we have to do this to save on our vacation. So it was one thing when people were shipping things you couldn't get at Disney and maybe they would get a package or two a day. It became a completely different beast when they are getting truck loads of groceries that need to be temperature controlled and boxes of goodies to replace souvenirs and everything else.

The charges are yet another thing that has happened from wanting more for less. Disney is losing out for every case of water, stroller, or snacks that get shipped to the resort. On top of that they lose out even more when they have to create more roles and staff them just to keep up with the demand. This was one of those small courtesies that was extended to help people staying on property and suddenly that courtesy became a we have to do this to save on our vacation. So it was one thing when people were shipping things you couldn't get at Disney and maybe they would get a package or two a day. It became a completely different beast when they are getting truck loads of groceries that need to be temperature controlled and boxes of goodies to replace souvenirs and everything else.
This is a valid point.
As always, a few spoil it for many.

MG

I agree in parts with both of you. While I don't expect Disney to eat the costs of receiving and distributing packages, I also hate the feeling of being nickle and dimed. Especially at Disney. I would rather they build it into the cost of the room. I don't want Disney to start acting like a discount airline!

Why would they build it into the cost of the room? We drive down and have no need to have a package delivered. Why should I have to pay more because other people choose to have things shipped?

Things that Disney does has a cause/affect as does things visitors do.

I like to ask WHY are people shipping food/outside rentals? Is it because Disney prices for food/ stroller rentals are too high? Are stroller rentals slightly inconvenient because they are in park only? Is it because people want to have a Disney vacation, but need to skimp on some things because of ticket prices?
Or is Disney charging $5 because they see a way to make a little more money/reduce operating costs? I honestly don't know. But I can tell you, when Disney starts charging for services that many other hotels offer complimentary (not all, but many) the magic starts to dwindle. KWIM?

Why would they build it into the cost of the room? We drive down and have no need to have a package delivered. Why should I have to pay more because other people choose to have things shipped?

Costs are added to room rates all the time. For instance DME and EMH. Just to name TWO big costs. You drive and don't take DME, should people pay for that and not have it built into room costs? Things to wonder...

There's a discussion on this topic already taking place on the Shipping FAQ thread at the top of this board. Please continue the conversation there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter