*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

Kathymford said:
We did AK today. Great crowds. EE 20 minute waits and then did it walk on with FP. 20 minutes for the safari. I heard HS was crazy busy, but thanks to my DIS obsession (and Josh at EasyWDW), it didn't matter for me!!

Well despite knowing better from easyWDW, I let DH plan a MK day yesterday. Very crowded. Ugh. AK today and all should be good :)

Already had to fend off super pushy last minute parade foreigners!! I may be small but I am mighty!

Sooooooo bummed Periwinkle is gone :(. After waiting 30 min for TSM yesterday the ride broke lol. Gaston was hilarious!!!

MK was fabulously empty today. There was a lot of on and off rain the first half of the day, but after that just grey and a bit windy. 10 minute wait for Space Mountain. Enchanted tales had a posted wait of 40 mins for most if the ay, but when we got there in the late afternoon, it only took 30. All in all, a great day. We ave an off day tomorrow, so who knows what we will do!

Kathymford said:
MK was fabulously empty today. There was a lot of on and off rain the first half of the day, but after that just grey and a bit windy. 10 minute wait for Space Mountain. Enchanted tales had a posted wait of 40 mins for most if the ay, but when we got there in the late afternoon, it only took 30. All in all, a great day. We ave an off day tomorrow, so who knows what we will do!

We were there hovering in Gastons Tavern drinking LaFous Brew! Gaston was hilarious. Heading back to MK tomorrow!

aaarcher86 said:
We were there hovering in Gastons Tavern drinking LaFous Brew! Gaston was hilarious. Heading back to MK tomorrow!

Loved LaFous Brew!! And I was also there yesterday at this time awaiting the opening - we are home now :( almost ses like a dream....the crowds really cleared after the rain - it was AWESOME! Rode a few big rides more than once with like 10 min waits!!

Kathymford said:

We had great luck after the rain too. Rode BTMRR two times in a row. Posted 20 min wait, but was really 10!

Spent yesterday at DTD and I think that wore me out more than the prior 3 days at the parks!

Heading to Epcot this afternoon and deciding between MK and DHS for this morning.

Getting caricatures done at MK now!

Youngest asked if we could come during Halloween next time. Yes. Yes I think we can!

Somewhat of a relaxed non productive trip. Last day, waiting on food at Coral Reef. Didn't do nearly as much as prior trips but all came down with terrible colds, so no rope drops for us. Girls have seen everything previous trips and little man was content with whatever. Left camcorder and camera on a bus Tues, thankfully someone turned in. Yesterday we were lucky enough to receive special test fast passes to Be Our Guest for lunch!! Walked right up!! Absolutely loved it in there. Whole family was also very impressed with new Little Mermaid Ride.

Getting caricatures done at MK now!

Youngest asked if we could come during Halloween next time. Yes. Yes I think we can!

The Halloween party rocks! Sept. is a great time for promotions too!
Loving the updates and green with jealousy!

Somewhat of a relaxed non productive trip. Last day, waiting on food at Coral Reef. Didn't do nearly as much as prior trips but all came down with terrible colds, so no rope drops for us. Girls have seen everything previous trips and little man was content with whatever. Left camcorder and camera on a bus Tues, thankfully someone turned in. Yesterday we were lucky enough to receive special test fast passes to Be Our Guest for lunch!! Walked right up!! Absolutely loved it in there. Whole family was also very impressed with new Little Mermaid Ride.

Hurrah for pixie dust :tink: Glad you're having fun despite sickness.

Our trip is winding down and I'm already sad. Tomorrow is our last full day. Sitting here in Japan waiting for illuminations to start. The weather and crowd have been perfect. Tomorrow we say goodbye to MK and my....err...the castle

Just checking in from the last night of our trip:)
We've had a wonderful time. I came down with a pretty nasty cold 2 days ago so that slowed me down quite a bit but I still had a good time after loading up on medicine. Magic Kingdom wasn't bad for us wait wise, but I have found that with construction some areas just get horribly congested. So it's not like you are waiting long for anything if you plan your day right, but I got so sick of bumping into throngs of people. I saw a complete gridlock on the bridge to the Splash Mountain area the other day. We thought there had to be something going on.. nope. It was just deadlocked with people trying to move in different directions. It wasn't even that busy of a day. People who weren't in it just stood across the way and stared.. none of us could believe it. There was no reason for it and I've never seen anything like it before in 8 trips. Weird.:confused3

Overall Epcot proved to be my favourite. So much open space and just really enjoyable. At Mama Melrose on our Hollywood Studios day the Streetmosphere actors came in to the restaurant and struck up a loud and HILARIOUS conversation with my 8 year old. It was one of those moments that Disney trips are made of and we were in stitches.:rotfl2:

Overall.. wonderful trip... Port Orleans is lovely. However, we are ready to head to Universal. It helps to know we are coming back in the summer I think because I am not sad to be leaving. It was great but it's time to go.:)

Great day in Epcot today! Innoventions, Living with the Land, AAA Storytime with Mary Poppins, mission space, Ellen's energy adventure, soarin', turtle talk, character spot, test track then pick a pearl at Japan and dinner at Teppan Edo.

pld5 said:
Great day in Epcot today! Innoventions, Living with the Land, AAA Storytime with Mary Poppins, mission space, Ellen's energy adventure, soarin', turtle talk, character spot, test track then pick a pearl at Japan and dinner at Teppan Edo.

We were at Epcot today too! Completely gorgeous day!!

We went to DHS in the am (woo-woo! We made a rope drop!) Resort midday. MK evening.

The line gods were mostly in our favor.

DHS- we grabbed TSM FP (return~2hr) teen and I went on RNR twice- first line posted at 5 min, second at 20. The second was nowhere near 20 and the only reason it changed at all was we walked back to animation courtyard thinking we'd swap kids but DH and DD6 went into Playhouse instead of Ariel and weren't out when we thought. Then we swapped and DH and teen went on TOT while DD6 and I did Ariel and Art of Animation. We headed over to muppets to use time- no one could be talked into GMR or Backlot. Then Phineas and Ferb pics. Then TSM. Then lunch.

Resort time was great- after an early AM in sweatshirts, we put on bathing suits. DD6 lasted the longest, me only several minutes then I was back to reading and flamingo watching.

We got into MK on the tail end of Move it Shake it but wove through the crowd yo the right if the castle. Voila! The shortest line we saw for Merida all week. I didn't even time it. Maybe 30 min? (No rapunzel in Town Square when we checked). Did a few other things then checked into BOG for dinner. DD6 and I wondered down and finally caught a glimpse of Gaston. He's been eluding me. No time to wait in line though. Dinner was good, DD6 kept checking in on the west wing to see the rose. It seemed to scare her a bit but fascinate her. It was 8:55 when we left and several cast members were out encouraging us to go to ETWB! I didn't imagine they would have such a late show! No line at all! Woot! It was fun but I don't think I'd ever wait long for it.

Remaining goals- complete all the Kidcots, meet rapunzel, meet tiana, meet gaston.

Omg- the MK line at AKL has completely spilled out of the MK stop, passed us in the Epcot stop, and is almost into the next! One bus just came and left full. And MK has been open for an hour!

BiancaBernard&Penny said:
Omg- the MK line at AKL has completely spilled out of the MK stop, passed us in the Epcot stop, and is almost into the next! One bus just came and left full. And MK has been open for an hour!

Uh oh. That's where we're headed today!

MK is definitely crowded today, but manageable. They just made an announcement that MK will be open one hour later than scheduled (now 10 pm). Glad this is our 2nd day here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter