*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

Flight leaves tomorrow at 620 am. We are SOOOO behind. I'm not sure we will get much sleep tonight.

11:30pm here. Have to leave at 3am to catch a 7:30am flight. And I helped everyone ELSE know how to pack in a post 9/11 world so all of my stuff is... still sitting in their Rite Aid/Walmart bags. Yup. Doing GREAT here with being on time, too. Where's my caffeine....

Just printed off my boarding passes for our flight tomorrow morning. I hope I am napping on the plane at this time tomorrow!

Oh, how I wish I'd thought of that! When I tried to do so after work today the computer said all boarding passes through the internet were 'already gone'? :scared: Now I'm freaking out a little. Still hope to run into you in a few hours!

Have a safe trip the rest of you scragglers!

Marblies said:
For those of you trying to kill the last few days/hours, let me share my magical story with you in condensed form.

We checked into POP for 7 nights. Staying in the same resort were my mother-in-law, sis-in-law, DD and her new DH, his mom, dad and grandma, my DH, DD and myself. 5 rooms in all. Horrible thing happened to HIS parents :( and to resolve the issue, the night manager had ALL of us :confused3 get up and move in the middle of the night to a 3 bedroom villa in Saratoga Springs. The honeymooners were upgraded the next day to the Contemporary with a view of the castle! Sweet! :cheer2:
However, the situation was less than desirable for the rest of us. I explained to the property manager that while he has lovely facilities, it doesn't feel like Disney to me (I like the character themed resorts) and sharing a bedroom with my in-laws was weird. He proceeded to work his magic pixiedust:. Our rooms at POP were gone and they were booked solid. By mid-day he got our side of the family two adjoining rooms at AoA for the remainer of our stay!!!! Woo Hoo. (transferring all our dining credits of course) I was one happy camper. Lakeside Ursula building - my personal fave. We also got dusted with several group FP's to make up for lost time transferring resort to resort. Was a great trip and the weather amazing! Planning our Sept. return when crowds are thinner.
pixiedust: for all. - Not every trip is perfect, but Disney reps did all they could to make it right!

I love the pixie dust but I think I need a flow chart to figure out what happened. :)

The upgrades are great. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

At the airport; just made it through security but have to wait for DBF. He's an amputee so they always go X-ray him and his leg. Good times. Just realized we're an hour early though. Lol. Not sure how that happened, but looks like there's time for Starbucks!!! Have safe flights everyone!

I love the pixie dust but I think I need a flow chart to figure out what happened. :)

The upgrades are great. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:rotfl2: I'd like to say you should have been there, but you'd probably still be confused. I felt like Alice down the rabbit hole. My in-laws only speak Portuguese, so everything that happened had to have subtitles. Utter madness. It was a mess that turned out glorious!

ps. and we got awesome towel animals from the mousekeeping at AoA!

On Magical Express now! Waiting for it to pull out from MCO and get on our way

Saw Angebee on the plane while she was boarding but missed her at ME. Hope she and her family have a magical trip!

Had a full flight but we landed early. DS did great! Thank goodness for sea bands and his 3DS!

We are on ME now. The flight was bumpy, but overall uneventful. Yay!! We're at Disney!

We've been here since Friday night. Having a wonderful time!! Crowds have been just as we planned for and are thinning out as we speak. The row of rooms right near of us ALL had the M.E. tags for check out on their doors this morning. So it looks like the heavy crowds are heading home now.

We are off to Ohana for dinner and maybe extra magic hours at MK though that probably isn't the best idea. We all had naps so we'll be looking for something to do after dinner but we are back at MK for rope drop in the morning.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful time. Epcot was perfect today. We did Soarin' once, and Test Track 3 times before making our way around the WS.:)

Doing one last load of laundry and then off to bed. I have to get up in seven hours. Can't believe we leave first thing in the morning!! I'm too excited to sleep!!!

It's me again and we are on our way to the happiest place on earth!!! According to the GPS we shall arrive at 12:42pm!

This is what I'm singing from Brother Bear:
Tell everybody I'm on my way and I'm loving every step I take!

I guess we'll all be at MK on Tuesday!

Sadly, I brought a cold front to FL last week from MA :sad:. The week was great, but the weather was chilly! As a New Englander I didn't pack more than sweatshirts figuring we could handle the cooler weather. Boy, was I wrong. I had to run around looking for warmer gear for all of us!

We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas which was wonderful. We had a fantastic trip. It was fairly busy crowd wise, but we were able to do most of our favorites.

We flew home on Friday and since we have gotten back to MA our world has been one big snowglobe :sad:. I guess I brought home some Disney magic, but just wish it wasn't so white and cold. Back to reality today.....serious DIsney withdrawl :sad1:

We did AK today. Great crowds. EE 20 minute waits and then did it walk on with FP. 20 minutes for the safari. I heard HS was crazy busy, but thanks to my DIS obsession (and Josh at EasyWDW), it didn't matter for me!!

Checked in to all star sports today after flight from Maine. Got stuff put in room and headed for DTD had lunch at Cookes of Dublin . Enjoyed the food , the batter dipped deep fried mini sausages were AWSOME!!!! I'm sure they were far free too!! LOL! Rained some about 5:00 but has stopped for now but showers for tomorrow afternoon. Still better than sunny day at work!!! Tomorrow is DD's 3rd B- day and her first day ever in the parks. MK for us ! Have a fun trip to all who are here and stay safe!

Dsnyfireman said:
Checked in to all star sports today after flight from Maine. Got stuff put in room and headed for DTD had lunch at Cookes of Dublin . Enjoyed the food , the batter dipped deep fried mini sausages were AWSOME!!!! I'm sure they were far free too!! LOL! Rained some about 5:00 but has stopped for now but showers for tomorrow afternoon. Still better than sunny day at work!!! Tomorrow is DD's 3rd B- day and her first day ever in the parks. MK for us ! Have a fun trip to all who are here and stay safe!

We're at MK tomorrow too!! :)

We are in MK tomorrow too for my son's 7th birthday.

Had a great day at DHS today. H&V breakfast pre park opening followed by Jedi Training sign ups. Got in line to sign up at 845 and at about 930, found out we got the 120 show. DH ran for fast passes for TSM and got them for 1045. (Then he rode Star Tours while still waiting for us to sign up for JTA). Rode Great Movie Ride, Saw the Jack Sparrow experience (DS loved it!), rode TSM, did Animation Academy, got a snack at Writers Stop, then reported for JTA! Afterwards, we built our own light saber at Tattoine Traders then decided to go back to the WL for a break. Which turned into a nap (yay!). And a swim and a view of wishes from our room.

Yesterday we did Epcot on arrival day and were able to get a fast pass for Soarin at 3pm with a return time of 730. Prior to that we had dinner at Coral reef at 4pm and then walked the world showcase.

pld5 said:
We are in MK tomorrow too for my son's 7th birthday.

Had a great day at DHS today. H&V breakfast pre park opening followed by Jedi Training sign ups. Got in line to sign up at 845 and at about 930, found out we got the 120 show. DH ran for fast passes for TSM and got them for 1045. (Then he rode Star Tours while still waiting for us to sign up for JTA). Rode Great Movie Ride, Saw the Jack Sparrow experience (DS loved it!), rode TSM, did Animation Academy, got a snack at Writers Stop, then reported for JTA! Afterwards, we built our own light saber at Tattoine Traders then decided to go back to the WL for a break. Which turned into a nap (yay!). And a swim and a view of wishes from our room.

Yesterday we did Epcot on arrival day and were able to get a fast pass for Soarin at 3pm with a return time of 730. Prior to that we had dinner at Coral reef at 4pm and then walked the world showcase.

Happy Birthday to your DS.
We are also @ MK tomorrow celebrating DD's 7th birthday.
Others we have met will also be there. Lots of birthday celebrations on the 26th :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter