***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

gometros said:
Surprised I am not seeing anything here, but I just read that Disney is loosening the rules. After your three Fastpasses are used up, you can get more, one at a time) like the old system) and they will be allowing Park Hopping.

I just mentioned it in the previous post...they didn't mention a timeframe on it, just that they are working on it

Any word if you are able to purchase an additional MB? I read on WDW site under MM+ FAQs that some merchandise shops and at DtD they would be available to purchase and they can be linked to your MM+ profile.

Any word if you are able to purchase an additional MB? I read on WDW site under MM+ FAQs that some merchandise shops and at DtD they would be available to purchase and they can be linked to your MM+ profile.

I believe pictures have been posted on various boards of them on display, so I'm guessing yes, you can start purchasing MBs. :)

Interestingly they will stock all the colors, whereas the resorts only hand out the gray ones...

I believe pictures have been posted on various boards of them on display, so I'm guessing yes, you can start purchasing MBs. :) Interestingly they will stock all the colors, whereas the resorts only hand out the gray ones...

Thanks!!

No. As long as you are all linked together, one person can book FP+ experiences for the group. Not sure what you mean by new rules and extra fastpasses. There are no extra FP+ at this time. It was only confirmed _today_ that they are working on a way for guests to get more (and for park hopping), but didn't say when that would happen.

You are right. None at this time. I was reading on dis dining that it was coming soon, no definite date yet but it would be nice if it was in place before we go in July

No. As long as you are all linked together, one person can book FP+ experiences for the group. Not sure what you mean by new rules and extra fastpasses. There are no extra FP+ at this time. It was only confirmed _today_ that they are working on a way for guests to get more (and for park hopping), but didn't say when that would happen.

You are right. Dis dining was reporting that they may be starting this "soon". So I was just wondering if it would be the same and you had to send a runner with all your tickets to a kiosk. Would be nice if it was in place before we go in the summer

My ap expires in august, I'm not going to wdw until september so I'll be renewing it before I go. But I'll be making my fp+ picks before my ap expires. When I renew it will that screw up any of my fp? Also I'm downgrading my pass. I have a pap now but I just want a regular one when when I renew. I just want to make sure nothing is going to get screwed up. Thanks!

My ap expires in august, I'm not going to wdw until september so I'll be renewing it before I go. But I'll be making my fp+ picks before my ap expires. When I renew it will that screw up any of my fp? Also I'm downgrading my pass. I have a pap now but I just want a regular one when when I renew. I just want to make sure nothing is going to get screwed up. Thanks!

IIRC, it will not let you make AP selections past the end of your AP expiration, since you would not have a valid ticket for the timeframe. Once you've renewed, and depending how I think, the new expiration will automatically be incorporated in the system, or you'll get a will-call number that you'd use much like registering a new ticket in the system, and then you can make selections again.

Since the FP+ selections are associated with your profile, as long as you continue to have valid ticket media, the selections should not get messed up in any way. Downgrading the type of AP won't matter.

If you order tickets thru disney, can it be automatically added to your account (instead of being mailed)?...so that I can make fp+ selections on my 60 day mark?

If you order tickets thru disney, can it be automatically added to your account (instead of being mailed)?...so that I can make fp+ selections on my 60 day mark?

Yes, I did it this week. I ordered them over the phone and the CM gave me the number to put into MDE. It was very easy.

When your Magic Bands arrive, what does the OUTSIDE of the box look like? Just wondering if the outside of box is plain brown paper type or outrageously Disney ...

I searched my question, but didn't find an answer. Sorry!

We had planned a cruise next week, but my DD hurt her knee last week and we may go with the old "stand by" of WDW instead since it can be done with a wheelchair. We're DVC members but every DVC resort is booked solid :(. We have stayed offsite before and it worked perfectly fine but that was pre-FP+. We have Magic Bands from our December trip and a MDE account but the APs on them expired. We are planning to purchase another AP (probably at the park at this point). Can we activate our new APs on our old MBs if we are staying offsite? I am very afraid of the offsite FP+ lines.

I searched my question, but didn't find an answer. Sorry!

We had planned a cruise next week, but my DD hurt her knee last week and we may go with the old "stand by" of WDW instead since it can be done with a wheelchair. We're DVC members but every DVC resort is booked solid :(. We have stayed offsite before and it worked perfectly fine but that was pre-FP+. We have Magic Bands from our December trip and a MDE account but the APs on them expired. We are planning to purchase another AP (probably at the park at this point). Can we activate our new APs on our old MBs if we are staying offsite? I am very afraid of the offsite FP+ lines.

You (or the CM) will need to link the new AP to your MDE profile(s). Once linked, any MagicBand that is assigned to you will have access to the AP for park entry and FP+.

You (or the CM) will need to link the new AP to your MDE profile(s). Once linked, any MagicBand that is assigned to you will have access to the AP for park entry and FP+.
Awesome! That's what I was hoping for. I *wish* I could plan earlier but just being able to skip the FP+ offsite guest line would be worth it.

We received our Magic Bands a few days ago. It appears that I need to activate our Magic Bands on the Disney website (correct?). Do I need to do anything else in advance of arrival at Disney? For example, will our FP+ selections automatically link to the Magic Bands or do I need to do something to make that happen?

Thanks in advance. Was finding some mixed info via the search function.

We received our Magic Bands a few days ago. It appears that I need to activate our Magic Bands on the Disney website (correct?). Do I need to do anything else in advance of arrival at Disney? For example, will our FP+ selections automatically link to the Magic Bands or do I need to do something to make that happen?

If your resort reservation is in your MDE account, the MBs are automatically linked to your FP+ selections. We stayed at 2 different resorts last December and we ended up with 2 sets of MBs and both were connected to my MDE account.

Everything is linked to your MyDisneyExperience.com profile. Your MagicBand is just a key to reading the information stored on your profile. All MagicBands that you have and that are active can be used interchangeably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter