***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

I was wondering if someone could help me?

We are staying offsite, but I have just linked the ticket to the My Disney Experience App... I'm a little worried I shouldn't have done this as we aren't going until May.

When I linked them it said this ticket is now ready to use. I don't know if that means that my 14 days of use starts now, or if it means it will start once I get to the parks.
If I go into manage my tickets, it says I can de-activate the tickets and re-activate at anytime?

Does anyone know what I should be doing?

I was wondering if someone could help me?

We are staying offsite, but I have just linked the ticket to the My Disney Experience App... I'm a little worried I shouldn't have done this as we aren't going until May.

When I linked them it said this ticket is now ready to use. I don't know if that means that my 14 days of use starts now, or if it means it will start once I get to the parks.
If I go into manage my tickets, it says I can de-activate the tickets and re-activate at anytime?

Does anyone know what I should be doing?

Tickets aren't on a time clock until used. Activating/deactivating have to do with being on the magic band. You cannot actual deactivate a ticket.

Tickets aren't on a time clock until used. Activating/deactivating have to do with being on the magic band. You cannot actual deactivate a ticket.

So if in my account I have an AP linked to me but my active card is an old MYW ticket from last summer does that mean my AP isn't truly linked for Magic Band purposes?

So, it appears that my predictions of shorter standby waits due to FP+ and its restrictions are coming true - although the effect isn't very high just yet:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/02/19/fastpass-affecting-your-wait-in-line-disney-world/

In fact, the difference so far is less than a minute, but they admit they haven't studied it enough yet.

As you might expect, attractions that previously didn't have Fastpass are seeing a small uptick in standby wait times - likely for a similar reason that the headliners are seeing the downtick - people taking advantage of FP+ to do it more than once, whereas they didn't want to stand in line more than once before...

So if in my account I have an AP linked to me but my active card is an old MYW ticket from last summer does that mean my AP isn't truly linked for Magic Band purposes?

It is linked but if your old ticket is used up then it is just there not doing anything. If it isn't used up then you need them to prioritize the tickets so it uses the right one.

It is linked but if your old ticket is used up then it is just there not doing anything. If it isn't used up then you need them to prioritize the tickets so it uses the right one.

Perfect! Thank you. I'm pretty sure the old one is used up so we should be good to go!

Hey, if anyone can help me out here I'd be really grateful, just want to make sure everything will run smoothly.

So I'm planning on making three separate reservations for my September trip - A 7 day reservation at BC, another following 7 day reservation at GF, and a Disney's 14 day Ultimate ticket (UK) starting on our first day at BC.

Will I be able to add both hotel confirmation numbers to MyMagic+ and use the same magic bands?

And will the system recognise that I will be staying onsite throughout the use of my 14 days ticket, and allow me to make my fastpass+ reservations 60 days in advance for my whole trip?

I don't want to confuse the MyMagic+ account with my two separate hotel reservations!

Thanks!

I just checked my MDE acct. and it says I can schedule my FP!!! Yay I am so excited bc we will be there Easter week.
We have APs. I was told we would get MB. Does that mean they will get shipped to my home since we aren't staying onsite?

Any help is appreciated :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I just checked my MDE acct. and it says I can schedule my FP!!! Yay I am so excited bc we will be there Easter week.
We have APs. I was told we would get MB. Does that mean they will get shipped to my home since we aren't staying onsite?

Any help is appreciated :)

I still haven't seen anything about them sending bands to AP holders yet.

You would be able to use the AP card to utilize your Fastpass+ selections. It doesn't require a band.

I still haven't seen anything about them sending bands to AP holders yet. You would be able to use the AP card to utilize your Fastpass+ selections. It doesn't require a band.

I know it doesn't require a MB, my Mickey monitor said we would be getting them. Maybe just not yet.
Just scheduling is making me happy!!

I know it doesn't require a MB, my Mickey monitor said we would be getting them. Maybe just not yet.
Just scheduling is making me happy!!

They will first notify AP holders when they can "customize" their magicbands. Then you'll see the option on MDX, and they'll send them after you customize.

I just checked my MDE acct. and it says I can schedule my FP!!! Yay I am so excited bc we will be there Easter week. We have APs. I was told we would get MB. Does that mean they will get shipped to my home since we aren't staying onsite? Any help is appreciated :) Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We will be there Easter week also. Anxious to hear if you are getting Magic Bands. We are AP also but already have bands due to previous on site stays. Glad to hear you can book FP+ in advance due to having an AP even though you are offsite.

We will be there Easter week also. Anxious to hear if you are getting Magic Bands. We are AP also but already have bands due to previous on site stays. Glad to hear you can book FP+ in advance due to having an AP even though you are offsite.

I know it is good news!!
Especially to my DH who didn't want to renew them if it didn't happen. Whew!!
On wdw magic.com there's an article about it.

Quick question. I'm meeting up with a CM friend of mine. I bought a one day ticket for myself for MK in hopes of possibly getting a FP+ for the dwarf coaster. Do both of us have to have admission for me to be able to book FP+ just for me? It's a CM room reservation I'm attached to. TIA!!

RAPstar said:
Quick question. I'm meeting up with a CM friend of mine. I bought a one day ticket for myself for MK in hopes of possibly getting a FP+ for the dwarf coaster. Do both of us have to have admission for me to be able to book FP+ just for me? It's a CM room reservation I'm attached to. TIA!!

No, whomever has a real ticket can book fp in advance regardless of the ticket status of others in the room.

No, whomever has a real ticket can book fp in advance regardless of the ticket status of others in the room.

Ok just making sure. For some reason the app would let me book them, in a backwards way, for Epcot. Which I know was a glitch, but I was hoping I could get it to glitch in my favor. Oh well, only a week till I should be able to! Thanks!!

Does anyone have experience with FP+ and a child under 2? I wanted to book FP+ for me and my 2 year old son for Peter Pan while the rest of my crew does the bigger rides. However MDE says my son is not eligible for my magic plus. Do I Just make the FP+ res for me and bring him on line with me? Will the let him on line if he band doesn't glow?

Does anyone have experience with FP+ and a child under 2? I wanted to book FP+ for me and my 2 year old son for Peter Pan while the rest of my crew does the bigger rides. However MDE says my son is not eligible for my magic plus. Do I Just make the FP+ res for me and bring him on line with me? Will the let him on line if he band doesn't glow?

Children under 3yo are not eligible for FP nor do they need it. See the green link in my signature for details.

I let my AP expire as I didn't need another Premium Pass to WDW & Disneyland this year. I will buy a regular AP for Walt Disney World either from Disney online or at a local Disney store. My question is: will this voucher have a number I can add to My Disney Experience so I can schedule upcoming FP+ ?? I need to schedule my fast passes with my family who have regular purchased tickets that I added to their My Disney Experience Accounts. If I cannot use the voucher number to link my ticket to my disney experience account, is there another way to make this work? I am in charge of coordinating our fast passes, so need to know this before our April 7th date to start FP+'s. Thank you for all your information.
Disnemimi (Karen)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter