New Moon Do You Prefer Fangs or Fur?

Eh. I love Tim Burton and his rendition was truly unique, and I loved it. I didn't know about Sweeney at all until the movie. Johnny Depp was the perfect Sweeney, even with a higher-pitched singing voice. Helena had a wonderful look for Mrs. Lovett and eerie singing. The original broadway was okay, definitely had better singers, but didn't harness the insanity.

The revival (which I saw on tour) has my all-over favorite Mrs. Lovett, Carrie Cimma, and it centers on the insanity. The madness and passion in each character is so prevalent. Plus, in the movie you can't tell that "A Little Priest" is a funny song, meant to make you laugh!

Burton= Darkness
Revival= Insanity
Original= Story/theatrics

Yeah I totally agree with you about Johnny Depp. I was iffy about him at first, but he did a brilliant job with the singing. Burton always does dark movies but I think this one suited that really well. When Mrs. Lovett sang "Nothing's Gunna Harm You" when she was looking for the boy, I got chills.:scared1:

I haven't seen the revival but now I am interested in seeing it!

Yeah I totally agree with you about Johnny Depp. I was iffy about him at first, but he did a brilliant job with the singing. Burton always does dark movies but I think this one suited that really well. When Mrs. Lovett sang "Nothing's Gunna Harm You" when she was looking for the boy, I got chills.:scared1:

I haven't seen the revival but now I am interested in seeing it!

Yeah, Carrie Cimma was amazing but it's definitely weird.
The entire thing takes place in an insane asylum, where Toby went after the end of Sweeney/what happened (so he's grown up). So, he enters in a straight jacket, and is given his violin to play where he starts singing the Ballad of Sweeney Todd, and all the other inmates enter to help him tell the story.

The set never changes, and the only props really are chairs, the back shelves, and 2 coffins. Pirelli is an Asian woman, Lovett has spikey blonde hair, the cast is their own orchestra. When Sweeney kills somebody there's this EXTREMELY high pitched whistle, like a train, and usually characters pouring blood into buckets. It's very artistic, but the effect is done well in the end- you feel the insanity of each character, what led them to do what they did.

Plus the Ballad of Sweeney Todd is my favorite set of songs, and it's not in the movie!

Welllll... I dunno, i tend to lean more towards ..

THIS GOD HERE..
new_moon_jacob_black_poster.jpg

1) the wolfs look so much cooler than the vamps
but
2)there are no hot wearwolf chics XD

what can I say, I'm a guy

Welllll... I dunno, i tend to lean more towards ..

THIS GOD HERE..
new_moon_jacob_black_poster.jpg
00221917eae80b8351e002.jpg

Here's a god for ya :]
1) the wolfs look so much cooler than the vamps
but
2)there are no hot wearwolf chics XD

what can I say, I'm a guy
Haha, you still haven't established a side =)
Nikki is amazing and a great actress. I remember watching 13 which was the first thing I think she was in and she was great.

I loved her in that movie! I was blown away!

I agree with you! (Maybe if Robert was on there I would pay):lovestruc
Lol, I wouldn't pay for it period, sorry.
Jan, the cruise would be kinda cool. I mean, it's a pretty awesome idea but I think it would be a waste of money.
It does sound cool, but at that expense? Not really.
I agree 100%. I can find better ways to satisfy my Twilight addiction :)

Me too, lol.

-------

When reading they were having a "Twilight Cruise," I was thinking..."what's next? a Twilight Island?" Lol. :rolleyes:

that we shall see -____-

thats my "I'm imagining something, shut up and go away" face

stop pushing me, I like being a niceguy and your tempting me to the dark side

I'm josh, I "joined" around when you did

(thats the date I acadentaly reset my account)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter