New Magic Kingdom Welcome Show & Main Street Opening UPDATE: Page 15 - Post #281

I love your trolley idea!!!!!! I think it could be a great substitute for the train!

So I'll be able to go tomorrow morning
Some questions have been answered already but I'll ask them again, here's what I got:

1.- Check if people with dinning/tours get in before 8am
2.- Ask how the will handle EMH guests
3.- Take pictures of ropes before each land
4,- Take picture of Main Street as soon as they let me in and also around 8:30am
5.- Check how long the line is for Starbucks
6.- Ask at Casey's if breakfast is permanent and take pictures of what is offered
7.-Check what is really open on Main Street

I think that's it right?

Sorry, can I add one?
Has family of the day been eliminated.

We had a PPO reservation for BoG this morning - here's how it went.

When we checked in at the front of the park, we were given a piece of paper with a map of Main Street/Fantasyland on it and location indicators for BoG, CRT, and our second check-in point (to the left of the castle). We were let in with everyone else in line (incl. EMM) at 7:45 on the dot. We had originally planned on heading straight to BoG, but we noticed that the area in front of the castle was pretty much empty and the PP photographer closest to the castle only had one group in line. Everyone else had either stayed back on Main Street or gone ahead to breakfast.

After getting some pictures, we headed to the left and a CM checked our breakfast paper. BoG was pretty empty the whole time we were there, as opposed to how packed it was on the same Tuesday last year at the same time. At about 8:35, we went to 7DMT where there was a short line along the fence before you make the right turn to the ride (there was a CM there to hold people back).

We heard two announcements for the castle show ("in just five minutes" and "in just a few minutes") and at 8:45, they let us in to the 7DMT standby queue. By the time we got off, everyone else had already been let in and the line was long, as expected.

I don't think the new morning show affected our PPO "perks" in any way. If anything, the park felt less busy because everyone dispersed quickly.

This is exactly the level of detail I had hoped for! Many, many thanks for your help!

I did the 8 AM Keys to the Kingdom tour. Nobody got into the park until 7:45, regardless of what reservations/tours you had, and at 7:45, everyone went in together.

As an aside, I could have sworn they mentioned City Hall as the tour check-in location when I booked, but all tours now meet at Town Square Theater. Additionally, lunch is now served at Tomorrowland Terrace, which means no indoor seating on a very hot or cold day. It was cold this morning, so everyone's food was also cold, because they put it out uncovered in advance. The tour was wonderful, but that was disappointing.

Regarding the new welcome show. I was so disappointed in it. I loved the entire train/mayor experience each and every time we saw it. It just seems lacking n fake n over scripted :(

I did the 8 AM Keys to the Kingdom tour. Nobody got into the park until 7:45, regardless of what reservations/tours you had, and at 7:45, everyone went in together.

As an aside, I could have sworn they mentioned City Hall as the tour check-in location when I booked, but all tours now meet at Town Square Theater. Additionally, lunch is now served at Tomorrowland Terrace, which means no indoor seating on a very hot or cold day. It was cold this morning, so everyone's food was also cold, because they put it out uncovered in advance. The tour was wonderful, but that was disappointing.
They made that change several months ago. I was going to do that tour last August but when I heard about that change I stuck with Backstage Magic. It's a very bad change to me

Was your 8 am tour on a 9 am park opening day? If so did Main St fill up at 8 am with regular guests? I was kind of hoping we would have some time before it filled up that's why I pushed for the 8 am, I might have a mutiny on my hands in March...

They made that change several months ago. I was going to do that tour last August but when I heard about that change I stuck with Backstage Magic. It's a very bad change to me

Agreed! It was lovely at CHH!

At mk now. If you have a dining reservation or tour before 8:45am you can enter early.
Reservations just got in, 7:50am

So did reservations get in before everyone else today?

I have EMM scheduled for April. I know the other day EMM was let in with everyone else, but am just curious to see if that continues or if they wind up waiting until 8 to let in the regular rope drop crowd.

So I'll be able to go tomorrow morning
Some questions have been answered already but I'll ask them again, here's what I got:

1.- Check if people with dinning/tours get in before 8am
2.- Ask how the will handle EMH guests
3.- Take pictures of ropes before each land
4,- Take picture of Main Street as soon as they let me in and also around 8:30am
5.- Check how long the line is for Starbucks
6.- Ask at Casey's if breakfast is permanent and take pictures of what is offered
7.-Check what is really open on Main Street

I think that's it right?
Got answers, verified by a manager
1. People with reservations up until 8:45 get in before 8am, today it was 7:50
2. They will have cm with scanners on the right side for entrance to tomorrowland and fantasyland. Manager said if that doesn't work properly they will recaluate the process
3. Got pics, will post later. With time
4. Getting pictures
5. As of now, 8:15 only about 3 groups waiting, no line at all
6. Caseys breakfast permanent, also Ice cream shop is serving breakfast. Got picture of the items at caseys and menu of ice cream shop
7. What's open on MS: EMPORIUM, PHOTOPASS AT EXPOSITION HALL, GUEST RELATIONS, THE CHAPEAU CONFECTIONERY. STARBUCKS, CASEYS AND ICE CREAM SHOP
not open : FIRE HOUSE, UP TOWN JEWELERS, ART OF DISNEY, CRYSTAL ARTS

*PER MANAGER family of the day has been discontinued but they will continue to reevaluate the changes.

Last edited:
Plaza ice cream breakfast
Mickey waffle plate: typed worth powder sugar, strawberry toping and side of bacon
Doughnut sundae: glazed doughnut worth cinnamon apple topping, one scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate chips. Peanut butter chips, hot fudge topping, milk chocolate mickey ears and a cherry
Assorted cereal served in souvenir leben sink
Glaze doughnuts, muffin, and assorted fruit

So did reservations get in before everyone else today?

I have EMM scheduled for April. I know the other day EMM was let in with everyone else, but am just curious to see if that continues or if they wind up waiting until 8 to let in the regular rope drop crowd.
Everyone else got in at 7:55am

I agree. I can't say I regret going on the tour at all because it was a great time & lunch was such a small part of it, but it was definitely an annoyance because of the weather. I would have been even more annoyed if I was one of the people stuck with cold food, but once I heard where it would be served, I went with the salad. :rotfl: (They still managed to mess it up by leaving something out!)

Backstage Magic is a must-do for me someday.

There's also a cart selling coffee, hot chocolate and muffins close to the partners statue
Lots of people waiting for actual rope drop
Biggest crowd at the fantasyland bridge ( right/closest to the castle) and tomorrowland bridge
Liberty square bridge and adventure land bridge not a lot of people
Not a lot of people waiting for the welcome show
I'm getting pics of all of it

Got answers, verified by a manager
1. People with reservations up until 8:45 get in before 8am, today it was 7:50
2. They will have cm with scanners on the right side for entrance to tomorrowland and fantasyland. Manager said if that doesn't work properly they will recaluate the process
3. Got pics, will post later. With time
4. Getting pictures
5. Add of now, 8:15 only about 3 groups waiting, no line at all
6. Caseys breakfast permanent, also I've cream shop is serving breakfast. Got picture of the items at caseys and menu of ice cream shop
7. What's open on MS: EMPORIUM, PHOTOPASS AT EXPOSITION HALL, GUEST RELATIONS, THE CHAPEAU CONFECTIONERY. STARBUCKS, CASEYS AND ICE CREAM SHOP
not open : FIRE HOUSE, UP TOWN JEWELERS, ART OF DISNEY, CRYSTAL ARTS

*PER MANAGER family of the day has been discontinued but they will continue to reevaluate the changes.

Thank you so much for this! What was the line like for "normal" park guests to enter MK like? Do you think people are/will arrive much earlier than 8 to enter the park? I still feel like this is going to result in us getting up even earlier if we want to be among the first to ride a headliner, with lots of standing there pushed up against a rope!

Thank you so much for this! What was the line like for "normal" park guests to enter MK like? Do you think people are/will arrive much earlier than 8 to enter the park? I still feel like this is going to result in us getting up even earlier if we want to be among the first to ride a headliner, with lots of standing there pushed up against a rope!
When I entered there was about 50 people, not including reservations.
I'll follow the crowd going into fantasyland to check out the process
BTW ap tapstiles are here to stay or so i was told
This morning the resort monorail and regular once were down, only way to come in was ferry or resort boats or bus
Waiting to watch te welcome show now

Hi

We're heading there in Feb. I was planning on using our PPO CRT ADR as a way to get some pics with a fairly empty MK (the castle). After reading this, it seems that if we show up a bit before 8 (as in at the entrance to the MK before 8) and are among the first in, we could get some fairly empty main street shots before 830. Is that right? We have the PPO breakfasts so we can be in the park at opening, but we do actually plan on eating and meeting all the characters. So if I can get my photos another way, then that seems easier to me (we'll get to the food faster and have a better chance of being OUT by 9 without rushing).

Thanks for giving us such great updates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter